Where did all the osteopaths match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shodddy18

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here participate in the osteopathic match? Where are you headed next year?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone here participate in the osteopathic match? Where are you headed next year?
I matched at LVH in PA. I rotated there and thought it was a good fit for me. Let me know if you have any further questions. Take care.

"Do not forget in the Light, what you learned in the darkness".

MSU-Sparrow...very happy as it was my first choice

Members don't see this ad :)
Panacea Light,

Congratulations! Look forward to meeting you this coming year. Let me know if you need any advice.

Panacea,
Congrats on matching at LVH. I'm looking at applying there and will do a rotation there next fall. Would you mind answering a couple of questions (anyone else, feel free to jump in)
Can you tell me what it is that you liked about it?
Did you rotate there?
Was it one of your top choices?
Where else did you apply?
Are you guys familiar with the stats that are needed to get in?
Thank you for all the help!

Also, can you tell us what specialty (if not EM) you matched in? Thank you!!!!!

St John, Oakland. EM.

If any of my residency classmates see this, feel free to PM and say hello.

Hey,
In regards to LVH
1) The Hospital is amazing (technology, resources, teaching, atmosphere, and flow of ED)
2) I did rotate
3) #1 choice
4) I applied to Tri- State only (PA, NJ, NY)
5) I believe a minumum of 500 on COMLEX will get you an interview, (they interviewed about 100) for 14 spots last year, but doing a rotation at a place you might want to go is the best option.

Hope this helps, Open to more Q's

"Do not forget in the Light, what you learned in the darkness".

I also rotated at LHV and I have a friend who is a resident there... I ended up going through the allopathic match, but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.
jenny

Thanks guys, appreciate all the help. will hit you all up for more questions as they come up!

Members don't see this ad :)
it is in madisson heights, michigan, a detroit suburb. i never thought to ask why the hospital name has oakland attached to it, i just assumed it was the name of one of the nearby townships or something.

i am not brave enough to live in oakland, ca. from what i have heard it is a bit of a rough town. i'll just stick with detroit.;)

St. Barnabas
Bronx, NY

a couple of my buddies did their rotations there, in fact one of them applied to the em program. not sure if he matched there. anyway, it is a crazy place and you will get great training, but you already know that.

Botsford Hospital in Detroit...anyone else?

Can we please bury the title "osteopath"? It is an outdated word that has not been used in decades and continues to be ressurected by those who don't know better.

what, you don't want to be called a sick bone doctor any more? (wocka-wocka)

*gimme those ribs, you!!*

wyrd, corpsman - good to see you trolling around still

D,
Don't make me come up to BFE and CV4 yo a$$! Besides, it might take a day to drive there from any major airport :laugh:

sure, come on out here and I'll be sure to have your some very special people waiting for you at the airport... You KNOW who I'm talking 'bout...

We'll see how far you get! :smuggrin:

l8r, holmes

somwhere good
Uh huh!!!

UMC Las Vegas!

I matched at Medical College of Georgia (number 1 choice).

University of Nebraska - my #1 choice!!! :)

MCG, my #2. Very happy!

I was there last night shadowing Dr. Matz, I learned something new...the term Urbanites. It was a lot of fun,

That's great, he is a great guy.

I am very excited, this place has enormous potential for such a new program!

Can we please bury the title "osteopath"? It is an outdated word that has not been used in decades and continues to be ressurected by those who don't know better.

AMEN!

I don't get it. Isn't your accreditation society called American Osteopathic Association? Isn't a "DO" an osteopathic doctor? How is it the language of the uninformed? :confused:

I don't get it. Isn't your accreditation society called American Osteopathic Association? Isn't a "DO" an osteopathic doctor? How is it the language of the uninformed? :confused:

Correct. The problem lies in the fact that the actual word osteopath does not necessarily mean the same thing. In fact, that's what they call purely manipulators (who are not fully accredited doctors) in other countries such as England, if I'm not mistaken. The connotation for that word these days just isn't the same as what it originally once was.

Correct. The problem lies in the fact that the actual word osteopath does not necessarily mean the same thing. In fact, that's what they call purely manipulators (who are not fully accredited doctors) in other countries such as England, if I'm not mistaken. The connotation for that word these days just isn't the same as what it originally once was.

Oh, so just the abbreviation offends? Just checking since I don't want DOs to look down on me :oops:

U of Buffalo,

see you there tkim

Oh, so just the abbreviation offends? Just checking since I don't want DOs to look down on me :oops:

Don't you worry. No one's looking down on anyone. In my opinion, it's no big deal when it comes down to it, but I can understand why it might be important to educate the masses of SDN.

Would any of you that matched be willing to provide a short review of the different places you interviewed at? As a third year DO student who hasn't rotated at any of the programs, it's kinda hard knowing what the different DO programs are like. I didn't see any reviews of DO programs in the residency review thread.
Anybody interview at the program in Olympia Fields, IL?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you'd rather not post thoughts here, feel free to PM me!

Thanks!