Who has gotten into tufts with a march interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denturefairy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
in the previous years??? I'm desperate to know what my chances are! I REALLY wanna go!

Members don't see this ad.

in the previous years??? I'm desperate to know what my chances are! I REALLY wanna go!

Denturefairy, I would not worry too much about your chances based on the date. I realize that's easy for me to say, as I would be doing the same thing. I think the best thing to do is to prepare for the interview as much as possible. Learn about the school. There is a ton of information in the packet you should have received. You can help to communicate your interest in the school by coming up with some well thought-out questions about the program. Also, go over the questions in the interview feedback portion of SDN over the last few years. I think you should practice how you would answer those questions, as well as obvious questions like, "Why dentistry?" and "Why Tufts?" I suggest practicing in front of a family member/boyfriend or girlfriend/roommate etc.. and asking them to give you honest feedback about how they felt about your general answers. It's a conversational interview, so try to practice as such. Regardless of how many spots there are left, your best bet for getting one of those spots is to come into the interview day prepared. Tufts does a hard screening process for those they pick to come interview, so you obviously have the numbers and deserve to be there. You just need to be able to explain your application well, be articulate, sociable, and confident. Best of luck, and I hope to see you this fall.

Thanks! That makes me feel a lot better!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Denturefairy, I would not worry too much about your chances based on the date. I realize that’s easy for me to say, as I would be doing the same thing. I think the best thing to do is to prepare for the interview as much as possible. Learn about the school. There is a ton of information in the packet you should have received. You can help to communicate your interest in the school by coming up with some well thought-out questions about the program. Also, go over the questions in the interview feedback portion of SDN over the last few years. I think you should practice how you would answer those questions, as well as obvious questions like, “Why dentistry?” and “Why Tufts?” I suggest practicing in front of a family member/boyfriend or girlfriend/roommate etc.. and asking them to give you honest feedback about how they felt about your general answers. It’s a conversational interview, so try to practice as such. Regardless of how many spots there are left, your best bet for getting one of those spots is to come into the interview day prepared. Tufts does a hard screening process for those they pick to come interview, so you obviously have the numbers and deserve to be there. You just need to be able to explain your application well, be articulate, sociable, and confident. Best of luck, and I hope to see you this fall.

Thank you so much for the words of encouragement. That's exactly what I'm planning to do but like you said I can't help but freak out because I want it so bad. Its my only interview and my top choice so I really hope I can impress them enough to obtain an acceptance. I hope to see you in the fall too! :)

To go along with what omnipodent said, just try not to worry too much about the interview. Instead, just relax, be yourself, and concentrate on having an awesome interview. I know this is easier said than done, but even if you're only competing for a spot on the waitlist (which I don't think is entirely the case), then make sure you get put at the top of that waitlist! It seems that every year they do let in a fair amount off the waitlist throughout the summer, so if you're competitive amongst that group then I think you'd still have a good shot.
Congrats on the interview! I hope you loved Tufts as much as I did!

---------------
Tufts DMD '16

To go along with what omnipodent said, just try not to worry too much about the interview. Instead, just relax, be yourself, and concentrate on having an awesome interview. I know this is easier said than done, but even if you're only competing for a spot on the waitlist (which I don't think is entirely the case), then make sure you get put at the top of that waitlist! It seems that every year they do let in a fair amount off the waitlist throughout the summer, so if you're competitive amongst that group then I think you'd still have a good shot.
Congrats on the interview! I hope you loved Tufts as much as I did!

---------------
Tufts DMD '16

thanks so much :) its nice to know if i get in I will be surrounded by such compassionate and caring classmates further staying true to Tufts reputation as a school with a class that really cares for eachother :)

I'm trying to really stay positive and convince myself that I'm not 100% for the wait list but looking at the trends of last years that's just how it seems. :( but I am going to give the interview my everything and hopefully get in :xf:

just turned down Tufts acceptance today. It was a very hard decision, but we know there is a spot opened now :) I really hope you get that spot! :)

Good Luck!

just turned down Tufts acceptance today. It was a very hard decision, but we know there is a spot opened now :) I really hope you get that spot! :)

Good Luck!

thank you! :) i wish you the most success at the school you chose and hope to be a colleague someday! thank you so much!

i volunteered with a guy that interviewed in march and he got accepted in early july

If you dont mind can you please tell me your score and gpa and when you applied. Thanks

I'm sorry I don't give out that information online. But I'm sure it won't help you either way. Focus on your stats..in the end they are all you have adn I'm sure they are fine :)

on the other hand...I really need to do something to calm me down. I am unable to focus on my classes and I really want to get in!

I'm sorry I don't give out that information online. But I'm sure it won't help you either way. Focus on your stats..in the end they are all you have adn I'm sure they are fine :)

on the other hand...I really need to do something to calm me down. I am unable to focus on my classes and I really want to get in!

wow thats pretty rude. Some people expect others to help them but not help others...nice...way to go.. bet they would be great dentists and with this attitude I wish you luck. Relax everyone here wants to get in, your not alone trying to get in and take classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow thats pretty rude. Some people expect others to help them but not help others...nice...way to go.. bet they would be great dentists. Relax everyone here wants to get in, your not alone.

Denturefairy not wanting to give her stats out is not rude. That is a personal choice. It's inappropriate for you to attack her. It's very understandable that she may not want to share them, and she is under no obligation to do so. She is also correct, as I see no benefit to you knowing her stats. The averages for competitive applicants to the school are out there on SDN. Doc Toothache has made many different excel charts with all of these numbers. You can also go to predents to view the profiles of people that are comfortable showing you their numbers.

Someone that throws a tantrum when they don't get what they want also may not be a great dentist.

Denturefairy not wanting to give her stats out is not rude. That is a personal choice. It's inappropriate for you to attack her. It's very understandable that she may not want to share them, and she is under no obligation to do so. She is also correct, as I see no benefit to you knowing her stats. The averages for competitive applicants to the school are out there on SDN. Doc Toothache has made many different excel charts with all of these numbers. You can also go to predents to view the profiles of people that are comfortable showing you their numbers.

Someone that throws a tantrum when they don't get what they want also may not be a great dentist.

I actually agree with Rocky. We're all on this forum sharing our information, giving advice, trying to help each other out, etc. I'm sure Denturefairy has benefited from other people's information. It may have encouraged her or helped gauge where she stands if she were to apply to a certain school.

Is it really that big of a deal to share stats? It's not like he or she was asking for a SSN or phone number or facebook account.

Denturefairy has to right to refuse to give out any information she doesn't want to, and we have to right to call her rude for doing so.

I actually agree with Rocky. We're all on this forum sharing our information, giving advice, trying to help each other out, etc. I'm sure Denturefairy has benefited from other people's information. It may have encouraged her or helped gauge where she stands if she were to apply to a certain school.

Is it really that big of a deal to share stats? It's not like he or she was asking for a SSN or phone number or facebook account.

Denturefairy has to right to refuse to give out any information she doesn't want to, and we have to right to call her rude for doing so.

We're all here sharing stats by choice. She is under no obligation to share her information. Denturefairy may have benefited from others sharing their stats, but that is the choice of those people to do so. It's not a huge deal to me to share or not to share, but I can understand why she may not feel comfortable giving out her numbers. What is a big deal is attacking someone that is uncomfortable is doing so. I ask that you be reasonable and respect that some people may not be as comfortable as you with giving out what they consider to be personal. I'm sure you have known people that were not comfortable sharing their grades with you and considered it private.

I agree that she is under no obligation to share her information. Rocky nor I are pushing her or attacking her personally. He asked once, she refused, and he said that was rude. End of story.

I agree that she is under no obligation to share her information. Rocky nor I are pushing her or attacking her personally. He asked once, she refused, and he said that was rude. End of story.

He said: "wow thats pretty rude. Some people expect others to help them but not help others...nice...way to go.. bet they would be great dentists and with this attitude I wish you luck. Relax everyone here wants to get in, your not alone trying to get in and take classes."

He did say it was rude. I disagree that it's rude to not share, but that wasn't the issue. It was what he said after that that bothered me. I just saw no reason for it.

He said: "wow thats pretty rude. Some people expect others to help them but not help others...nice...way to go.. bet they would be great dentists and with this attitude I wish you luck. Relax everyone here wants to get in, your not alone trying to get in and take classes."

He did say it was rude. I disagree that it's rude to not share, but that wasn't the issue. It was what he said after that that bothered me. I just saw no reason for it.

Sorry guys, but that's a personal attack formed in a passive aggressive manner.

It's nice of people to share grades, even if they aren't proud of them. However it's their right to share or not. I can understand how it might feel awkward or frustrating if they blatantly say no, but in the end, it is their choice. You can always ask someone else.

I guess you're right. A personal attack is unwarranted.

I'm sorry my intentions were not to be rude at all rather to protect my privacy as I do have an upcoming interview. I don't mind sharing my stats after the interview but as for now I want to keep them private.

I completely agree we are here to help each other out but once again I do not feel that my stats will help you personally. As omnipodent pointed out...there are plenty of resources out there giving information about stats etc. I consider myself to be high on the list of being a team worker and helping others in situations but seeing as I am in a compromising situation right now I don't want to jeopardize my chances at my interview. I hope that makes sense. :)

I don't think it is rude at all. She could have lied and give wrong stats. We should need to respect each other. Sharing stats is a personal choice and she is under no obligation to share her information. There is no need to attack her. Lets all respect each other. Have a nice weekend!

does anyone mind letting me know how many deposits have been placed when they go to their interview this week? I'm dying for a spot at this school and really really hope I get it! I know I sound insane...but I'm sure you can understand my situation.

does anyone mind letting me know how many deposits have been placed when they go to their interview this week? I'm dying for a spot at this school and really really hope I get it! I know I sound insane...but I'm sure you can understand my situation.

I interviewed on Valentine's day. There are 110 deposits made so far. And that does not include the 80 acceptances that they have sent out the Friday before valentine's week. Those new acceptances have till 17th to make their decisions? It is most likely that at least 50% if not more will put in a deposit. That leaves about 40 seats maximum. They are reviewing the 2 weeks worth of interviews on the 24th and making their decisions. I know these numbers are quite depressing....but as long as you interview within the month of Feburary, the chances aren't too bad. According to a girl I spoke with during the interview, if you have an interview in march, you are fighting for a waitlist spot. Good luck! Sorry if this bad news. :(

I interviewed on Valentine's day. There are 110 deposits made so far. And that does not include the 80 acceptances that they have sent out the Friday before valentine's week. Those new acceptances have till 17th to make their decisions? It is most likely that at least 50% if not more will put in a deposit. That leaves about 40 seats maximum. They are reviewing the 2 weeks worth of interviews on the 24th and making their decisions. I know these numbers are quite depressing....but as long as you interview within the month of Feburary, the chances aren't too bad. According to a girl I spoke with during the interview, if you have an interview in march, you are fighting for a waitlist spot. Good luck! Sorry if this bad news. :(

:( oh this is so depressing :( im still going to try as hard as possible but I really hope that not ALL march interviews are for waitlist otherwise they should tell us it is that way. I have a hard time believing they are all for waitlist. I hope some acceptances are given out to march interviewees :xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::

We're all here sharing stats by choice. She is under no obligation to share her information. Denturefairy may have benefited from others sharing their stats, but that is the choice of those people to do so. It's not a huge deal to me to share or not to share, but I can understand why she may not feel comfortable giving out her numbers. What is a big deal is attacking someone that is uncomfortable is doing so. I ask that you be reasonable and respect that some people may not be as comfortable as you with giving out what they consider to be personal. I'm sure you have known people that were not comfortable sharing their grades with you and considered it private.

I agree that its a personal choice but I disagree that sharing stats has no use for others. It gives others the idea of how likely their chances might be by comparing it with others. If evreyone had this attitude this forum would not exist. I totally understand and respect someone not sharing their stats but then saying that it wont help you? This forum is all about sharing and helping. As for going to predents it gives you the overall average but it helps if someone who has applied and accepted giving you an idea of where you might stand. Anyways I totally respect someones aspect and I just hope there are not many who think that way. When I finished my test I actually came back and the first thing I did was give a breakdown of my scores and how I studied for it. I answered as many questions people had so that I can help anyone in need, since people helped me when I asked something and it was my time to return it back. But then not evreyone is the same.

Would this be an attack? Well anyways I had no intention to attack anyone. But I have seen people like this at school and believe me they are not the most popular ones as Dentists. And this is not a tantrum. Someone not wanting to share there stats is totally understandable but what I am saying is imagine if everyone thinks the same way, there would be no predent or this forum.The response could have been more polite but I understand that this is a tough situation for all of us. I do not want to hijack the thread and continue with something that does not matter. Gluck to all.