why u wana be a doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alikarimi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have my interview in a couple of weeks
and i was wondering what answer do interviewers like to hear in response to
"why do u wana be a doctor?"
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Your interview for med school? this is the wrong place to be asking that question!
Your interview for residency? in which field? you have posted in multiple places

and the "right" answer is: whatever is true for you

i wana b a doctor so i can learn 2 write like an adult. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
You want to give someone else's answer? If you can't come up with an answer to this question on your own, that suits you and your own reasons, there is probably an issue that goes beyond being curious about other peoples' answers.

You want to give someone else's answer? If you can't come up with an answer to this question on your own, that suits you and your own reasons, there is probably an issue that goes beyond being curious about other peoples' answers.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Man that was freakin' cruel!!! Kind of funny too.

Here's some stuff to NOT say:

- "The same 4 reasons you did: chicks, money, power and chicks", especially if the interviewer is a woman - borrowed from Scrubs and someone's signature around here somewhere

- "To help people" - this is redundant

- "To make money" - this is the unspoken fact of the medical field. Actually doing it for the money is fine...saying you're doing it for the money is a categorical disaster

- "I'm sublimating my desire to command people to undress at my whim." - typical creepy doc

- "To change the world." - tired, stupid, time to hang up the U2 CD's on your back porch and watch them throw rainbows at your cat.

- "It's a noble profession." - do you really want to be described as 'noble'? As in, "well, that neighbor over there is an accountant, he's pretty cool. That guy, he's a doctor...such a noble fella."

- "It's what my dad did" - not likely to work anywhere except Yale and Haavad if Pops sunk some huge cash there and is contemplating a run for Congress.