wondering what my chances are

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lola12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
canadian
GPA 3.71
MCAT PS 11

BS 11

VR 7 :(

WS Q

volunteering in hospital, community service work, tutoring, awards, deans list, Honors thesis: independent project

SUNY upstate
MCW
NYMC
Penn state
Case
Jefferson
Mt. Sinai
Albany
Albert Einstein
Rosalind F

i'm really worried. In my first MCAT I got 9 in VR...it dropped the second time. Do these schools take avg or the best scores in each or the latest scores

any help would be appreciated....please!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

From what I've heard, many schools screen out scores under 8. You may wish to check which schools do this and apply accordingly if you don't intend to retake. Your school list seems reasonable, but you might want to add a couple. Best of luck!

do u know where i can get that info?....anybody else....please do comment

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

From what I've heard, many schools screen out scores under 8. You may wish to check which schools do this and apply accordingly if you don't intend to retake. Your school list seems reasonable, but you might want to add a couple. Best of luck!
Just for the record, the screen under 8 thing is hearsay. It's hearsay from lots of independent sources but hearsay nonetheless. In any event, a 7 in VR isn't anywhere near as bad as a 7 in one of the other sections. A couple phone calls sure wouldn't hurt you, however.