Working in AUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miler

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the process for being allowed to work on our student visa once in Australia?

Also, I've heard that the electronic outlets there have different plugs than here in the US. Is this true? If so, can I find adapters at a Radio Shack or store like it?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by miler
What is the process for being allowed to work on our student visa once in Australia?

Also, I've heard that the electronic outlets there have different plugs than here in the US. Is this true? If so, can I find adapters at a Radio Shack or store like it?
Thanks

1) Get the 422 medical practioner visa to be able to become an intern and look for an internship position. U will then need a PR to be able to do a "residency" or u can contiune working as an RMO with just a work permit.

2) Yeah go to walmart and buy the multiple converter..but don't waste extra space. When u get to Australia buy the multireverse adaptor at Dick Smith for $12 Aussie.

Originally posted by miler
Also, I've heard that the electronic outlets there have different plugs than here in the US. Is this true?
Yes, and the output voltage is 240 V, so don't fry anything.

Search the web for 'step down converter' if you want to use any 110v device requiring grounding.