Worst interview answers/responses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If they were looking at the region of your body that your fly is covering and actually noticed it was down, maybe that in itself would bode well for an acceptance ;)

did u just come onto him

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewer: where do you see yourself in 5 years?
me: I hope to have graduated dental school, found a partner in life, have a car, be with the people I love and be happy
interviewer: yea, having a car is important

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 users
me: I hope to have graduated dental school, found a partner in life, have a car, be with the people I love and be happy

ugh...

shoulda said....

me: Well I'm not here to predict the future, I'm a dental school candidate, not Miss Cleo

Reactions: 2 users

ugh...

Phatigue (poor thing...those nerves man)

It's ok. You were well spoken in everything else and had a lot of good stories :)

Last edited:
Phatigue (poor thing...those nerves man)

It's ok. You were well spoken in everything else and had a lot of good stories :)
possibly a mix of the plane "phatigue" and nerves :dead: lol I called my mom after and told her I blanked; she consoled me a little bit as well lol

possibly a mix of the plane "phatigue" and nerves :dead: lol I called my mom after and told her I blanked; she consoled me a little bit as well lol

If it's any consolation, at least you didn't walk out of the room in the middle of the presentation lol

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewer: So you like to hike? Which hikes have you done in Hawaii?

Me: I've done a lot but my most favorite would have to be this hike called Stairway to Heaven because the view is absolutely amazing. (ps: this is an illegal hike and you have to sneak in during the middle of the night to avoid security to do it)

Interviewer: Isn't that the illegal one?

Me: haha, yes it is...

**** my life.

Reactions: 37 users

Me: I've done a lot but my most favorite would have to be this hike called Stairway to Heaven because the view is absolutely amazing. (ps: this is an illegal hike and you have to sneak in during the middle of the night to avoid security to do it)

**** my life.

what happened afterwards? depending on how it went after that, it might not be too bad...
unless you asked "have u gone on it before?" and the interviewer replies "no.. i dont break laws"

**** my life.

"Snitches get stitches, na'mean doc?"

Reactions: 8 users
what happened afterwards? depending on how it went after that, it might not be too bad...
unless you asked "have u gone on it before?" and the interviewer replies "no.. i dont break laws"
haha it was fine i think?

he just laughed and said "well sometimes you just gotta break the rules right?"

to which i replied "haha yeah, I guess so. But of course it depends on the situation"

and then he just asked the next question. haha so yeah idk

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have another one (yay)
Interviewer: So, why our school?
Me: well, I was looking for schools on the east coast, such as the north east, south east, middle east.
...wait
Interviewer (mumbling) : ya the middle east has some great dental schools
me: what?
interviewer: what?
interviewer: anyway

Reactions: 44 users
I have another one (yay)
Me: well, I was looking for schools on the east coast, such as the north east, south east, middle east.
...wait
I wouldn't worry too much! Seems like a simple slip-up...gets the best of us!

I have another one (yay)
...wait

LOL

i was in a group interview and one girl said:

interviewer: what is something quirky about you?
everyone else: shares something quirky but ties it back to dentistry and elaborates on how this quirky trait of theirs is important... when its the last girl in the rooms turn to share...
girl: i have hitch hikers thumb (sticks out her thumb for everyone to see):thumbup:
interviewer: ....what....:eyebrow:
girl: yeah and its both my thumbs (now sticks out other thumb too):thumbup::thumbup:
interviewer: *awkward silence in the room* okay on to the next question....

Reactions: 15 users

everyone else: shares something quirky but ties it back to dentistry and elaborates on how this quirky trait of theirs is important... when its the last girl in the rooms turn to share...
girl: i have hitch hikers thumb (sticks out her thumb for everyone to see):thumbup:
girl: yeah and its both my thumbs (now sticks out other thumb too):thumbup::thumbup:

Hey, the interviewer asked :lol:

LECOM interview? A guy in my room answered that he was a Brony

Reactions: 18 users
I'm not here to judge whether being a Brony is a good thing or not, but there are definitely appropriate times and places to bring it up, and your dental school interview isn't one of them... The two people interviewing us played it off well, while the other five of us just looked confused :confused::confused::confused: Haha oh well.

Am I the only one who had to look up what a Brony was?

Reactions: 17 users
Yeah I definitely had no idea. I think that alone is a sign its not something you should mention...
Oh don't worry. He explained his whole backstory for everyone beginning with when he watched his first episode and his initial thoughts, to joining a student organization at his university focused around MLP.

It's funny looking back on because he was a really nice guy and had interviewed at a few other schools already.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh don't worry. He explained his whole backstory for everyone beginning with when he watched his first episode and his initial thoughts, to joining a student organization at his university focused around MLP.

It's funny looking back on because he was a really nice guy and had interviewed at a few other schools already.

My response would've been:
upload_2015-11-14_18-33-32.png

I actually had a guy in my LECOM interview who said that his strength and weakness were both that he cared too much. BRUH X2

Am I the only one who had to look up what a Brony was?
i had to look it up

:hello:

I didn't want to say anything just in case it was supposed to be something I knew :lol:
Yeah I definitely had no idea. I think that alone is a sign its not something you should mention...
were you guys boycotting the internet between 2010-2013? I guess not knowing is a good thing, but still lol

and just to be safe, i'm not a brony

As bad as your think your response could be, just be thankful you're not this guy...

upload_2015-11-15_2-0-9.png

Reactions: 17 users
This happened a while back, but I only thought about it just now. So, during my first interview I revealed that it was indeed, my first interview. One of the professors then said, "Oh, starting out high I see". I laughed-and it wasn't one of those short, sincere laughs. I am not a smart man.

Last edited:
Went to Detroit interview, and if some of y'all don't know, the mission revolves the tradition of a Roman Catholic. At the end of the day, we were in a group where we can ask the dean any questions regarding the school. Before we did that, we introduced ourselves and mentioned a fun fact of ourselves. One guy, he told everyone that he loves singing, however his brother would hate his singing. The guy's example was my brother would say "Oh my G**! Quit singing!" I was surprise because he used the lord's name in vain. He's a great guy though, I am sure he will get in!

At Oklahoma there is a small section when you have a "fun" interview with some D4's and they are there to lighten the mood with silly questions. One guy was asked, "what's the thing you hate most about dentistry"...common question. The guys stops, scans the room and said, "well after observing my surroundings and seeing women here I can't say what I want to."
maxresdefault.jpg

The women were like, "oh my god" and the panel was a little stunned, especially the female D4.

Reactions: 5 users
Went to Detroit interview, and if some of y'all don't know, the mission revolves the tradition of a Roman Catholic. At the end of the day, we were in a group where we can ask the dean any questions regarding the school. Before we did that, we introduced ourselves and mentioned a fun fact of ourselves. One guy, he told everyone that he loves singing, however his brother would hate his singing. The guy's example was my brother would say "Oh my G**! Quit singing!" I was surprise because he used the lord's name in vain. He's a great guy though, I am sure he will get in!
Hahah, at our UDM interview one guy's "say something about yourself" was that he fixed his broiler the night before he came to the interview by himself. I thought it was funny (not in a mean way) and set a good tone for the end of day.

At Columbia some guy dropped the F bomb while eating lunch with D2s

Reactions: 10 users
At Oklahoma there is a small section when you have a "fun" interview with some D4's and they are there to lighten the mood with silly questions. One guy was asked, "what's the thing you hate most about dentistry"...common question. The guys stops, scans the room and said, "well after observing my surroundings and seeing women here I can't say what I want to."
maxresdefault.jpg

The women were like, "oh my god" and the panel was a little stunned, especially the female D4.

What was he implying???

maxresdefault.jpg

779d77c5ae6109628456b72dab7f8ad224b77bf200889e4f10ac4edb47fab2df.jpg

At UNLV, the interviewer asked me why Dentistry. After giving so many reason why, I ended with "Maybe Dentistry is for me"-"Maybe?"-"Yes, maybe"

Not sure if it counts, But while i was interviewing @ Wake Forest for undergrad admission, my interview went a little like this (currently a college freshman)

Interviewer: (basic intro about student diversity) So, Clazo121, tell me about yourself

Me: Sometimes i like to write poetry. Overall, my friends would think of me as somebody who is quirky, informed, and sociable (What did i just say?)

Interviewer: So you mentioned your friends call you quirky, how so?

Me: Well, Ummmhh, Uhhhh, like i said i like poetry but sometimes i uhhh like to (6 seconds of silence) I don't know (GREAT ANSWER!)

Interviewer: Ok (begins writing a lot on her notepad)

Me: Well i guess I'm quirky because during my senior year, Im the person who thought of our senior prank for everybody to skip class at the same time (Nods head, and writes even more)

Interviewer: So Clazo121, Wake Forest receives thousands of applicants every year around the world, Tell me why your application is unique

Me: Im sorry i didn't understand your question, could you repeat it?

Interviewer: Why should we accept you to join the Wake Forest community?

Me: Well Wake isn't my number 1 choice, its like in my top 10 though. I would like to get accepted to BC, sorry i mean Wake because i know that if i enroll, i will excel in my courses and beat the curve

Interviewer: Do you have any questions for me?

Me: Yes, actually, Wake Forest is nearly 60,000$ per year. In your opinion, do you think Wake Forest is worth the tuition price??

Interviewer: That is a personal discussion you have to have with your parents

[After the interview] My dad approaches me and the interviewer and asks if it I was very good, and if i would get accepted

Interview: Sorry but interview evaluation results are strictly confidential. Rejection/Acceptance letters will be mailed by April 1st.

Rejected ;)

OHH ALMOST FORGOT!

As I was leaving the building, I winked at my interviewer and gave her a thumbs up!!

Reactions: 9 users
Not an answer per say but I saw this video today (some of you may have seen it, if you haven't WATCH IT)

There was a interviewee at my Columbia interview this year that sounded JUST like this woman. All of us were nice enough that no one said anything about it out loud but we definitely did a lot of eye contact sending silent 'is this girl for real' looks to each other. At Columbia you all interview at the same time in the same big room and she was across the room and I could still hear her :0

PS I am sorry if I am talking about you, you seemed really nice but yeah

Reactions: 1 users
Not an answer per say but I saw this video today (some of you may have seen it, if you haven't WATCH IT)

There was a interviewee at my Columbia interview this year that sounded JUST like this woman. All of us were nice enough that no one said anything about it out loud but we definitely did a lot of eye contact sending silent 'is this girl for real' looks to each other. At Columbia you all interview at the same time in the same big room and she was across the room and I could still hear her :0

PS I am sorry if I am talking about you, you seemed really nice but yeah

I can see her as a dentist now:
"So today's filling is going cost two hundreeeeed. Then if you come back next week for the second one it'll be another two hundreeeeed. And don't forget to keep brushing and flossing or it's gonna be a few more hundreeeed"

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if it counts, But while i was interviewing @ Wake Forest for undergrad admission, my interview went a little like this (currently a college freshman)

Interviewer: (basic intro about student diversity) So, Clazo121, tell me about yourself

Me: Sometimes i like to write poetry. Overall, my friends would think of me as somebody who is quirky, informed, and sociable (What did i just say?)

Interviewer: So you mentioned your friends call you quirky, how so?

Me: Well, Ummmhh, Uhhhh, like i said i like poetry but sometimes i uhhh like to (6 seconds of silence) I don't know (GREAT ANSWER!)

Interviewer: Ok (begins writing a lot on her notepad)

Me: Well i guess I'm quirky because during my senior year, Im the person who thought of our senior prank for everybody to skip class at the same time (Nods head, and writes even more)

Interviewer: So Clazo121, Wake Forest receives thousands of applicants every year around the world, Tell me why your application is unique

Me: Im sorry i didn't understand your question, could you repeat it?

Interviewer: Why should we accept you to join the Wake Forest community?

Me: Well Wake isn't my number 1 choice, its like in my top 10 though. I would like to get accepted to BC, sorry i mean Wake because i know that if i enroll, i will excel in my courses and beat the curve

Interviewer: Do you have any questions for me?

Me: Yes, actually, Wake Forest is nearly 60,000$ per year. In your opinion, do you think Wake Forest is worth the tuition price??

Interviewer: That is a personal discussion you have to have with your parents

[After the interview] My dad approaches me and the interviewer and asks if it I was very good, and if i would get accepted

Interview: Sorry but interview evaluation results are strictly confidential. Rejection/Acceptance letters will be mailed by April 1st.

Rejected ;)

OMG. I cringed at this interaction. I don't think it is a good strategy to tell a school they are your top TEN, and then proceed to call them boston college

Reactions: 3 users
OMG. I cringed at this interaction. I don't think it is a good strategy to tell a school they are your top TEN, and then proceed to call them boston college

Undergraduate for $60,000/year? I would save that for my professional school instead!

Reactions: 1 users
I have one now!

Me (finishing answering a question about conflicts): So basically we confronted the one roommate who doesn't do her dishes about washing them. She said she didn't realize we were all supposed to do our own dishes.
Interviewer: ......who did she think was going to do them?
Me: No idea
Interviewer: Ok......
Me: ya....

So glad I decided to bring that up haha
Result: ACCEPTED :biglove:

Reactions: 14 users