would adcom think that you fluked the mcat if some of your prereq are Bs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was entering prereq grades for my last secondary and realized that all of my inorganic and physics are Bs, kinda an eye sore
would they think that you fluked your physical science section if you have a good score?

Members don't see this ad.

i was entering prereq grades for my last secondary and realized that all of my inorganic and physics are Bs, kinda an eye sore
would they think that you fluked your physical science section if you have a good score?

Do you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe you worry too much?

I got a B in Gen Chem I and in Physics I- and a 12 in PS.

I got a B in both intro bios and in ochem I the first time and got a 11 in BS.

I got B's in 3 of my 4 University Honors (like history + english, our only VR like classes) and got a 10.

Based on that, Im a fluke. I did rock my upper div classes (3.3 1st 2 to a 3.98 the third year). I dont feel Im a fluke. Quit worrying.

Members don't see this ad :)
good, because I got a B in Ochem 2 and I was wondering about that.

Ditto, but I wasn't worrying about it. I'm human. They're human. It's ok. I guess a 10 in BS isn't so out of the ordinary for that B in orgo II, but still, I wouldn't sweat it if I'd pulled off a 13 or 14 either. I'd be darn proud, actually.

And I got As in chem and physics, but an 8 in PS. Que sera sera.

A fluke is a 4.0 and a 20 on your MCAT. Your case, you have your jammies in a bunch!

Adcoms don't need to go that far to eliminate you as an applicant thankfully.

I got A's in all my biologies, organics, biochem and got a 9 in BS...

these questions can't possibly be serious? :-\ Maybe a bunch of C's but...

I got A's in all my biologies, organics, biochem and got a 9 in BS...
I'm your evil twin. B-/C+ in upper bio / organic chem / biochem but I got a 12 in BS.

I think adcom's have to know there's going to be a ton of discrepancies. I was a politics major, got A's in all of the writing and politics class, read and write hours a day, and only got a 9 on VR and P on the writing. As for science, got mostly B's and B+'s (and a C!), but a 12 on the BS. I'd say these scenarios are very common.

As long as your overall stats are good and there isn't a huge difference b/w your GPA and MCAT, they won't think it's a fluke.

A fluke is when your science GPA is 4.0 and your MCAT is <25....then people may suspect a bit of grade inflation at your school. Or a 3.0 and a 35, then they may suspect a bit of slacking off in college (or a really, really, really hard undergrad ;)).

But a B here and there and a "good" MCAT score (~10)? No, that's not a fluke, that's pretty normal.

true eh, i think i just tend to scary myself once in a while
i guess it also depends on the program and the difficulties of the courses

Members don't see this ad :)

I think a better question is this: does it matter at this point? You got what you got. It's history, and no (legal) force in the universe is going to change that. You simply have to roll with it.

"You gotta roll with it
You gotta take your time
You gotta say what you say
Don't let anybody get in your way
'Cause it's all too much for me to take"

No, they'd think you went back and learned the material. Why the hell would a good MCAT score be worse than a lower one?

I sure hope they do. Cause if that's the case, then all my C's will look just fine thanks to my 11 in PS. Seriously, it just depends on how hard the class was. I worked harder for those C's than for any other class, and I think I learned more too.

B-/C/B+/C+ in Orgo I / Orgo II / Intro Bio / Developmental Bio ---> 14 BS

DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT! At least you don't have a 4.0 bcpm with 7's or something...

Do you guys ever think that maybe, just maybe you worry too much?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

seriously, not to be mean, but some of the questions ppl are asking on this forum are just ridiculous~

well I got an A in all of mine so I really don't have to worry about that ......:laugh: it's just a joke don't get upset