Would Med school know if I took anger management therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makeitrain6969

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably a really weird question to ask but I just want to know. I want to take some anger managment classes to better myself but I am scared medical school will find out or look at me differently. Is this going to ruin my chances getting into med school?

Members don't see this ad.

I doubt they would find out. But Stan, where are you so mad?

I doubt they would find out. But Stan, where are you so mad?

I'm not mad at all right now....But i catch myself getting angry of over stupid stuff. I just dont want anger to get the best of me. SO i really want to control it better.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to get worked up over small things when I started college, but it quickly became tiring. When you say you get angry over stupid stuff, are you finding it hard not to project your anger outwardly? If it's noticeably affecting how you interact with other people, I suppose anger management would help. If not, I think a bit of time, maturing, catching yourself when you start to sweat the small stuff, etc. will do the trick.

Your screen name is inspired from a eventful night at the strip club where you were the life of the party, which was then followed by two acts of semi-deviant sexual intercourse with (presumably) strippers who couldn't resist your rain.

Why you mad bro?

This is probably a really weird question to ask but I just want to know. I want to take some anger managment classes to better myself but I am scared medical school will find out or look at me differently. Is this going to ruin my chances getting into med school?
Even if they do find out, I see it as a positive since you're trying to better yourself before you begin classes. I imagine they would be more weary of drug addicts and other criminals.

Unless you tell them or were counseled by them they won't know.

just keep it bottled inside until your high blood pressure causes your heart to explode.

Even if they do find out, I see it as a positive since you're trying to better yourself before you begin classes. I imagine they would be more weary of drug addicts and other criminals.

Adcoms like upward trends.

Gonna disagree with you on that one. Yes he's bettering himself and maybe on a personal level admissions officers may think its fine, but it seems like something you keep to yourself. Emotional stability is something they're looking for.

Start listening to death metal.:thumbup:

Do you take any recreational drugs? You're anonymous here, so you can tell me.