Would taking the MCAT affect my admission to Dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haissam

Uconn_predental
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to be a dentist, but I figure if I will be studying for the DAT and since about 75% of the MCAT is covered in the DAT prep material I would like to take it just for self satisfaction. Do you think this would be a problem with Dental schools who might think that I am not sure about my future career? please give me some views

Members don't see this ad.

Haissam said:
I want to be a dentist, but I figure if I will be studying for the DAT and since about 75% of the MCAT is covered in the DAT prep material I would like to take it just for self satisfaction. Do you think this would be a problem with Dental schools who might think that I am not sure about my future career? please give me some views

It probably won't be a problem if you show that you can do very well on both tests but you should be able to tell why you like DDS/DMD a little bit more than MD.

I've taught MCAT students and I know that if you have a strong science background you can do very well on both tests.

How would they know you took the MCAT unless you tell them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haissam said:

They are two totally different test. I believe both have very different ways of studying for it. But, thats me. I would practice multiple choice questions over reading a whole bunch of passages.