WVSOM Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KashmoneyII, I'm glad I'm not the only one bugging the admissions office all the time:)
Angie said exactly the same things to me yesterday....but we only have 2.5 weeks and everything will be in the clear:)

Members don't see this ad.

I call Angie all the time, Isa. Don't worry about bugging her. That's what she's there for. Good luck to everyone over the next two and a half weeks. If we don't see each other this year, definitely next year!

If we don't get invited this year, what do you guys plan to do on the year off? I was thinking of looking for a job at a research facility, continue shadowing, EMT, and/or applying to more DO schools closer to home and cheaper (i'm out-of-state: 50,000 a year...yikes.)

Members don't see this ad :)
If we don't get invited this year, what do you guys plan to do on the year off? I was thinking of looking for a job at a research facility, continue shadowing, EMT, and/or applying to more DO schools closer to home and cheaper (i'm out-of-state: 50,000 a year...yikes.)

I currently work at two medical offices as an assistant/receptionist/biller so I will most likely continue doing that for the next year. I will do some more volunteering, maybe take a photography class or two. I'm not planning on reapplying (this would be my third cycle and I don't feel like going through the stress again, even though I'm an out-of-stater as well), plus I really like WVSOM and Lewisburg.

Most importantly, I'm planning on doing lots of fun and relaxing things before the craziness of medical school begins next summer:D

Has anyone heard any good news? I just got back home from a vacation.

Well, I JUST got done speaking with Annette and it looks like there has been little to no movement. They're not sure what the next week will bring, but, it looks a little grim for those hoping to start next week. I asked if all those who were accepted had already laid down a deposit and she stated that most accepted students had already done so. So, good luck in this coming week guys. No one knows just exactly what will happen!

hang in their guys, i just got accepted today and she told me I was one of three people to get the call...so their is hope. she said this happens often as people get cold feet and open up spots for others. also, i was nervous about finding housing but after talking to angie she gave me the numbers of three landlords, who have recently contacted her about renting their places to wvsom students. so hang in their guys, you might be getting a call soon!!

hang in their guys, i just got accepted today and she told me I was one of three people to get the call...so their is hope. she said this happens often as people get cold feet and open up spots for others. also, i was nervous about finding housing but after talking to angie she gave me the numbers of three landlords, who have recently contacted her about renting their places to wvsom students. so hang in their guys, you might be getting a call soon!!

How quickly things can change!

Amazzoch, Congrats! I'm having palpitations because of your post and the funny thing is i'm not sure if it's because I haven't gotten the call or because I'm scared that I still might:)

Last edited:
Ps. I hope the other two future WVSOM students are also SDNers...Good luck you guys!:)

That's friggin' awesome! Congrats! I didn't mean to be a Debbie Downer on Monday, I was just trying to relay the info as it was laid out to me. This'll have me pumped up for a few days!

Congratulations, Amazzoch!!! How exciting!! Let's hope for a few more calls these next few days, guys.... :)

just got off the waitlist and accepted a seat.
Anyone looking for a female roommate?

how's orientation going, guys??

Should we move this discussion to 2009-2010 thread? How many of you are sticking with WVSOM for next year?

I for one, will be sticking with WVSOM. It's my first choice and I've already sacrificed two other spots (Pikeville and Lincoln Mem.) for this one. I MIGHT give VCOM another shot, but I'm pretty hell-bent on Lewisburg for now.

I will definitely be sticking with WVSOM--see you guys next August :)

Is there a 2009-2010 thread started yet?

That makes 3 of us:) And yes, there's a 2009-2010 thread.

I will definitely be sticking with WVSOM--see you guys next August :)

Is there a 2009-2010 thread started yet?

That makes 3 of us:) And yes, there's a 2009-2010 thread.

Great! I started posting over in their sector. Let's move things there :)...good luck to all the 2013ers (we'll need your much wiser advice next year), and congrats to all my fellow 2014ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.