WW The Dark Side

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Official Lynch Tally

Kaydubs - 4 (LIS, BI, C-nubs, Gwen)
C-nubs - 5 (MJ, Dy, O grady, Kaydubs, HTML)
FFM - 1 (Wildzoo)
BI - 1 (FFM)
O Grady - 2 (cyndia, TP)
TP - 1 (DVMD)

Waffles: 1

Votes: 14/15

Gif of the day:
KJnk9.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch c-nubs

Well, I'd like to say that I don't pose a harm to anyone. I mean, really, I'm a noob at this game and I doubt that there's been a lot of new people that start as wolves.

I was told I was a villager, nothing more, nothing less. That's about it. ^^;

Official Lynch Tally

Kaydubs - 5 (LIS, BI, C-nubs, Gwen, devyn)
C-nubs - 5 (MJ, Dy, O grady, Kaydubs, HTML)
FFM - 1 (Wildzoo)
BI - 1 (FFM)
O Grady - 2 (cyndia, TP)
TP - 1 (DVMD)

Waffles: 1

Votes: 15/15

Lynch deadline: 6 pm

Gif of the day:
KJnk9.gif

Ooooohhh a tiiieeeee! I like ties ;)
upload_2014-10-16_16-43-21.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I'd like to say that I don't pose a harm to anyone. I mean, really, I'm a noob at this game and I doubt that there's been a lot of new people that start as wolves.

I was told I was a villager, nothing more, nothing less. That's about it. ^^;
Mostly, roles are RNG. That's the lamest reason in the book to not vote a noob.

Members don't see this ad :)
random number generator. meaning the roles are random and you could very well be a noob wolf.

Oh! I didn't realize it was randomly assigned.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can quote the mod's PM to me and post it here, or if that would be a breach of the rules.

I assure you that I'm not a wolf, though. Why would a wolf be actively talking with the group? Shouldn't we be looking for the quieter people?

Oh! I didn't realize it was randomly assigned.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I can quote the mod's PM to me and post it here, or if that would be a breach of the rules.

I assure you that I'm not a wolf, though. Why would a wolf be actively talking with the group? Shouldn't we be looking for the quieter people?
no and no.

You can quote the mod's PM per his rules (as noted originally).

The quieter people aren't always wolves. Wolves are often quite active.

no and no.

You can quote the mod's PM per his rules (as noted originally).

The quieter people aren't always wolves. Wolves are often quite active.

Alright, then here you go, everyone.

CONFLAGRATION Villager –You are the only “villager” in the game. Good luck trying to convince that to other’s in the game.

I guess the question is: who knows STL enough to know if she would really have put "other's" in that role description.

I guess the question is: who knows STL enough to know if she would really have put "other's" in that role description.
Do you mean if he would have mentioned others at all, or if he would have made that typo? Because I could see him doing both :p

To go with the theme of small write ups, I will keep it brief. Eventually I am sure I will maybe go back and rewrite them when I actually have time... maybe....

Anyway, you all decide that kaydubs is the person at fault here. As you are all debating the best way to kill her, a shadow comes up behind her, completely enveloping her. Kaydubs life seems to be sucked out of her, and soon her body dissipates within the darkness.

You have lynched KAYDUBS, The silencer, who could choose a person each night to block hence "silencing" them for a night.

There are 14 players left in the game. Lynch Deadline is set for 6 am tomorrow morning, but will close sooner if everything is in!

The Dark Forest
1. O Grady
2. MJ
3. Wildzoo
4. BI
The Light Cavern
1.tp
2. HTML
3. Conflagration
The Dark Wonderland
1. Dy
2. Devyn
3. LIS
4. DVM
The Light Shadow World
2. Gwen
3. FFM
4. Cyndia

The land between light and darkness (aka the area for the dead that are only MOSTLY dead)
1. Allieh
2. kaydubs

Do you mean if he would have mentioned others at all, or if he would have made that typo? Because I could see him doing both :p

I meant the typo. It was actually a serious question - I couldn't remember enough of STL's posts to think whether HE was a grammar stickler or less, uh, discriminating. :)

I meant the typo. It was actually a serious question - I couldn't remember enough of STL's posts to think whether HE was a grammar stickler or less, uh, discriminating. :)
That's actually a really good question. On the one hand I'd say he does usually pay attention to that, and I don't think he would make a grammatical error of that kind. On the other hand I could see him making a typo like that and not realizing it...he did throw this game together rather quickly.

Nice way of trying to save yourself, if that is in fact my description :p

And MJ, idk, I guess we have to see how evil I am :D

I just assumed she was a villager but I guess STL never said for sure. Please don't let this be yet another game with a delayed alignment reveal mechanic...
Well the delayed reveal in The Stand was his idea so I wouldn't be surprised. Plus there's the whole "mostly" dead thing.

That's actually a really good question. On the one hand I'd say he does usually pay attention to that, and I don't think he would make a grammatical error of that kind. On the other hand I could see him making a typo like that and not realizing it...he did throw this game together rather quickly.
Grammar cat.png

Reactions: 4 users
Real talk for a moment here: In the absence of evidence of wolfiness in either case, would it not have made more sense to break the tie by voting for Con, and not kaydubs? At worst we lose a vanilla villager with Con, but we knew nothing about kaydubs' role (she could have been important) and she has WW experience on her side, making her a more valuable asset to the village than a noob (no offense Con).

So @O Grady, please to explain your choice.

Oh? You seem awfully sure that our other leading candidate was definitely a villager. Sketch city.
I wasn't awfully sure, just saying, we had nothing to go on for kaydubs and we had a noob who is either a wolf or a vanilla villager. Seemed like a safe bet to lynch the noob.

So far as kaydubs, we still don't know if she's a villager because STL likes to make us suffer, so there's also a chance we got lucky and nabbed a wolf anyway. We'll have to see.

Real talk for a moment here: In the absence of evidence of wolfiness in either case, would it not have made more sense to break the tie by voting for Con, and not kaydubs? At worst we lose a vanilla villager with Con, but we knew nothing about kaydubs' role (she could have been important) and she has WW experience on her side, making her a more valuable asset to the village than a noob (no offense Con).

So @O Grady, please to explain your choice.
It was a combination of me believing that she is a villager, Kaydubs being fairly quiet thus far, and I just didn't want to give a noob the boot right away. Even if she is vanilla, she's still a villager regardless (assuming she was telling the truth).

I wasn't awfully sure, just saying, we had nothing to go on for kaydubs and we had a noob who is either a wolf or a vanilla villager. Seemed like a safe bet to lynch the noob.

So far as kaydubs, we still don't know if she's a villager because STL likes to make us suffer, so there's also a chance we got lucky and nabbed a wolf anyway. We'll have to see.
Plus someone using a random silencing ability can be very detrimental to the good guys (seers, protectors, etc).

I was a blocker during The Stand game, and I never really had much info to go on so I could have blocked a lot of helpful actions

Full disclosure I was about to switch my vote to Con to break the tie when I checked the thread and saw that OG had already switched his vote
d'awww.

a brief return to WW. maybe it will inspire me to unearth my games & start one after this one ends....

Reactions: 2 users
Plus someone using a random silencing ability can be very detrimental to the good guys (seers, protectors, etc).
Blockers can be key late game (or even early game if they luck out and block the killing wolf). Losing a blocker is never ideal on lynch 1 for pretty much any reason. Ah well, not like we knew, she didn't even defend herself.

Why a safe bet? We might have gotten a wolf with kaydubs too. Maybe we did. Odds were the same. Frankly, I'd rather have a vanilla villager - if the noob is one - than to have a silencer role. I hate that role, wolf OR villager. I don't view it as somehow a "worse" outcome to have lost a silencer than a vanilla villager.

I still call sketchville on your comment.

Meh. Contingent vote to:

****lynch MJ****

Tired of not listening to my gut.

It was a combination of me believing that she is a villager, Kaydubs being fairly quiet thus far, and I just didn't want to give a noob the boot right away. Even if she is vanilla, she's still a villager regardless (assuming she was telling the truth).
Kaydubs is always quiet. Every time. And that last part of your statement is a very big assumption to make...

I'm just saying if you have two people, one is either a vanilla villager or a wolf, the other is either a useful villager (if Con's role description is to be believed, it would suggest that all the other villagers have some kind of ability) or a wolf...and you don't have any real evidence to suggest that either of them actually is a wolf...idk, to me it seems like you made a poor choice :shrug:

Not saying the outcome is bad necessarily, silencing/blocking roles can be detrimental (though also can be useful) and there is a chance that we got a wolf anyway. But the decision making was done without any knowledge of kaydubs' role. That's my point.

Blockers can be key late game (or even early game if they luck out and block the killing wolf). Losing a blocker is never ideal on lynch 1 for pretty much any reason. Ah well, not like we knew, she didn't even defend herself.

Yer just plain on crack. Losing a blocker or silencer is about the next best thing to getting a wolf.