X

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty5723

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
X - Answers received!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
A 70th percentile is roughly a 508. The research powerhouse schools typically expect a score a good deal higher than that as pointed out above.

You won’t get into a t20 with a 508, let alone with a scholarship.

Full rides at top schools go to students with everything perfect. You have everything perfect so far but you need the MCAT that fits with that profile. Don’t rush something as important as the MCAT and don’t apply on an artificial timeline.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do whatever you need to do, within reasonable limits, to get a score that does the rest of your application justice. You've done too much with the rest of your application to let the results of one exam be the thing that sets you back.

• Care
Generally, I think the rest of my application is as strong as could be.

Currently, I have my eyes on getting a full scholarship at a T20 which I feel is quite realistic.

Kudos to you for staying on top of your profile and putting in the effort to make your future application as great as can be! I did just want to point out, however, that sentences/phrases like these above point to a level of hubris that I don't think will be conducive to future success in the medical school process and beyond. No one is guaranteed or promised admission and I think it's near impossible for anyone to predict that they will get a full scholarship. I'm not trying to undermine your work and effort as I know how hard it is to reap success as a pre-med, but I do think it is always important to stay humble and remember that everyone has room for improvement. Best of luck in your future cycle!

Taking the MCAT when one is not fully prepared to take it is committing a form of self-sabotage..

And if you're below the floor of a school's minimum MCAT, then nothing perfect in your application will save you.

Status
Not open for further replies.