Yada Yada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sloow

MedJunkie
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciate that you are trying to help, but again, your response does not answer my specific questions.

One of my question is if there is commuting outside of the dedicated training blocks (e.g. every tues/thurs there is didactics at Kaiser (I just made this up)). I have already read their curriculum extensively and know that 70% of their time is at UC Davis and the other 30% is at Kaiser.

While the vast majority of EM programs do what you say (EM has neck up ...), I want to know specifically about this program, not what most institutions do.

Good luck in the match, any program would be lucky to have you

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck in the match, any program would be lucky to have you

I don't understand why people such as yourself will spend their valuable time on forums to make a post that contributes nothing to the topic of this thread, which is evaluations about UC Davis EM residency. This forum is called StudentDoctorNetwork, as in for students who want to become doctors. I get that I'm asking for details you consider minutia and unimportant, but they are important to me and other readers who care about the little details.

We do 4 week blocks
R1 20. X 10 hrs
R2. 18 with most being 10s but 12s on weekends and in peds
R3. 16 shifts with same hours as R2s

Not stratified by acuity but most of the resuscitations go to c pod, and the more stabler patients to d pod but we've definitely had crics, chest tubes, etc in d pod.

Em runs the lower acuity trauma. Trauma surg runs the neck down for the other high acuity traumas. We get a ton of trauma and do a ton of procedures.

We work at south kaiser but also do a month at north kaiser in r3 yr. Minimal commuting. Max drive for me is 10 to 12 miles

Epic

Low scut

I don't know what percent are married but a lot.

Thank you winkleweizen for your time and help.