Zanki Before UWORLD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmarkgreene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Need your advice on something. I'm an fourth year US allopathic set to graduate in May who is in the final three weeks of study for Step 2 CS, taking it three weeks from today. I did below average on Step 1 and would not mind an okay score this time around on Step 2, would like to break 235. My shelf typically ran from mid- 70s to mid 80s, with the lowest being 63 (surgery and first one) and 89 (psych). I am trying to match psychiatry at this time.

I took a different approach to studying for step 2 this time since I'm offcycle and actually had quite a bit of time since ending clinical third year and now. Basically, I went through Zanki, completely, with some outside material for about 2 month hammering home concepts. At this point now, I'm about 40% through UWorld and my scores are ranging anywhere from 75-85% on randomized 40 question blocks with a random outlier (low 60s and mid 90s) every now and then. Obviously, I realized my score is inflated because I pretty much have gone through the Zanki deck already so some of these questions are a bit of gimmies. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this technique before and how they ended up going on Step 2 CS? Truthfully, knowledge wise, I think I have learned a tremendous bunch by doing it this way. But it's a bit unnerving looking at my scores knowing I had a bit of an advantage going in to UWorld.

Members don't see this ad.