***official colorado c/o 2015 acceptance thread***

Hey so I have decided to commit to UC! Anyway does anyone know what they are going to do in regards to paying for school. Im going to look into the millitary, Wichie, and other areas. I was just wondering what my fellow classmates of 2015 were thinking. Its scary to think that we may be 250K in debt.... Gotta love dentistry i guess! ha ha ha! Any help or advice would be appreciated.

-country boy from New Mexico

Let's analyze the options:

Military
Pros: They essentially pay for your education and a monthly stipend for living expenses
Cons: The military controls your life and you have little input into where you live. Financially, this is a great option, but the actual military lifestyle is not for everyone and doesn't really give you the opportunity to enjoy your late 20's/early 30's all that much.

WICHE
Pros: Greatly reduced tuition (though not completely paid for like military)
Cons: You will still have to make up the rest in student loans and, again, your options post-graduation are extremely limited as a New Mexico state resident. Do you really want to go back to NM for 3-5 years AND not really have any input into where you're living? Seriously, how much would somebody have to pay you to live in Artesia?

Student Loans
Pros: You will be able to live wherever you want, practice wherever you want, and actually have the life that you want to live. Additionally, if Colorado allows you to become an in-state resident after a year or so, you will benefit from in-state tuition
Cons: Larger loans (but the government will essentially "right-size" your loans, meaning that they will adjust your payments to what you can afford based on your income)

What's important to you? Only you can answer that question. For me, I'd just take the loans and be able to do whatever I want with my life afterward. Think about how long you have to pay the loans back. It's tough to conceive of in the short term because the amount is so large, but is it really worth sacrificing some of the best years of your life and giving them to the military and/or some barely inhabited town in Nowhere, NM? Easy choice for me, but then again it's not my decision.

Members don't see this ad.

Let's analyze the options:

Military
Pros: They essentially pay for your education and a monthly stipend for living expenses
Cons: The military controls your life and you have little input into where you live. Financially, this is a great option, but the actual military lifestyle is not for everyone and doesn't really give you the opportunity to enjoy your late 20's/early 30's all that much.

WICHE
Pros: Greatly reduced tuition (though not completely paid for like military)
Cons: You will still have to make up the rest in student loans and, again, your options post-graduation are extremely limited as a New Mexico state resident. Do you really want to go back to NM for 3-5 years AND not really have any input into where you're living? Seriously, how much would somebody have to pay you to live in Artesia?

Student Loans
Pros: You will be able to live wherever you want, practice wherever you want, and actually have the life that you want to live. Additionally, if Colorado allows you to become an in-state resident after a year or so, you will benefit from in-state tuition
Cons: Larger loans (but the government will essentially "right-size" your loans, meaning that they will adjust your payments to what you can afford based on your income)

What's important to you? Only you can answer that question. For me, I'd just take the loans and be able to do whatever I want with my life afterward. Think about how long you have to pay the loans back. It's tough to conceive of in the short term because the amount is so large, but is it really worth sacrificing some of the best years of your life and giving them to the military and/or some barely inhabited town in Nowhere, NM? Easy choice for me, but then again it's not my decision.

It's no longer the case that you can qualify for in-state after a year.

Hey guys,

it looks like there are two people who received their acceptances yesterday (according to Predents.com). Does this mean the second batch for Colorado is already out? I thought they were having another review meeting some time in Feb...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I got a call yesterday, but was up skiing so I have not called back yet, but I am assuming its an acceptance. I most likely will be turning it down.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on an acceptance.

Has anyone heard anything New as far as the mid-february decisions form Colorado? I remember Barbara said She was going to be making calls around this time

Has anyone heard anything New as far as the mid-february decisions form Colorado? I remember Barbara said She was going to be making calls around this time

I'm curious as well. I know some others who haven't heard back either. Maybe this Friday? Using predents as a reference, acceptances are usually given out on Fridays or Mondays.

I'm curious as well. I know some others who haven't heard back either. Maybe this Friday? Using predents as a reference, acceptances are usually given out on Fridays or Mondays.

I imagine they're done with February. Their ADCom will meet again early March (and I believe early April) with acceptances usually a week or two later. So, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until mid-March and then mid-April (for that group).

I imagine they're done with February. Their ADCom will meet again early March (and I believe early April) with acceptances usually a week or two later. So, I wouldn't expect to hear anything until mid-March and then mid-April (for that group).

They specifically told us at the Feb 12 interviews that we will find out at the end of April. They have one interview date in Feb/Mar/Apr and will be sending out acceptances for all those groups at once.

Hmmm, maybe since they gave some acceptances 1/31, they might give some out on 2/28?

Waiting is such torture!!! I've gotten other acceptances but this is the one I really want!!! Fingers crossed for all of us that still want to get into CO!!!:xf: Oh, and congrats to all that have been accepted!!!

Last edited:
They specifically told us at the Feb 12 interviews that we will find out at the end of April. They have one interview date in Feb/Mar/Apr and will be sending out acceptances for all those groups at once.

Last edited:
Did they give you any indication of how full the class was? Or how many seats are left for IS/OOS?

Also, how may people interviewed that day?

For some reason Dr. Kluender wouldn't tell us how many spots were still available. He just told us they would interview ~250 total applicants for the 80 spots.

There were two sessions, I believe we had around 15 or so in the AM, probably the same for the afternoon.

If you interviewed before Jan 31 and weren't one of those accepted then, I have no idea what their plans are. You should check with Barbara and find out. My guess is they are waiting until they finish the Apr 9th interviews to pick their overall top choices. But maybe not...

I just saw on predents that someone got accepted on Feb 28th...congrats to them...anyone else hear any news?!!!

I just saw on predents that someone got accepted on Feb 28th...congrats to them...anyone else hear any news?!!!

It looks like some new students were added to the facebook group as well. Congrats to all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah a good friend of mine got the call on Monday, he interviewed in December.

Was he in-state? If so, do you know what his stats were? I wanted to compare as I interviewed on the December date as well. Thanks.

Was he in-state? If so, do you know what his stats were? I wanted to compare as I interviewed on the December date as well. Thanks.

Yeah he's in-state. I don't know his stats on GPA but I know he did a masters and I believe his DAT was very similar to mine, he had a 21 aa and had to take it twice.

Yeah he's in-state. I don't know his stats on GPA but I know he did a masters and I believe his DAT was very similar to mine, he had a 21 aa and had to take it twice.

Thanks! My DAT is close at a 20.

I heard from Barbara that they are still interviewing and that the adcom will meet end of March and again at end of April....that will be their final selection and you will know one way or another at that time...:luck:

Just got the call from Barbara! I'm in

I interviewed in September, I was getting more than a little worried

I interviewed in September, I was getting more than a little worried

Congrats Dismo!!! :)

It's good to know that they don't forget the earlier interviews. Wonder how many spots are left?

Congratulations!!!! :highfive:Time to celebrate!!!!

Yeah, she's in New Mexico right now with her mom, sister, and grandma celebrating her grandma's 80th birthday.

Next weekend, we celebrate! :)

Ps. Is 004508 the right code to use on the FAFSA?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a good number for the admissions office that either someone will answer or get back to you from? I am just seeing if they will let people know how many open spots there are.

Does anyone have a good number for the admissions office that either someone will answer or get back to you from? I am just seeing if they will let people know how many open spots there are.

I don't have a number...but let us know if you hear anything....:xf:Thanks!!

Does anyone know how to set up the Colorado account and email? I got the email from Mrs. Swedensky that has the attachments, but I still cant figure it out....

Does anyone know how to set up the Colorado account and email? I got the email from Mrs. Swedensky that has the attachments, but I still cant figure it out....

When did you get in? When did you hear?

Is it not letting you log in or are you having some other issue with it? It took me forever to figure it out too, but I just wasn't reading the username and password directions carefully enough. Make sure all your info is entered correctly for the password and for the username, the first letter of your first name goes after your last name (I kept putting it before haha).

Actually yes...it's not dental acceptance news, but I just found out I got accepted into CU's summer research scholars program for incoming dental students, which means I have to be ready to move to Denver in a little over a month...CRAZY, but I'm super excited!

Did anyone else here get into this program?

I was officially waitlisted 4/19. Anybody else here anything?

I was officially waitlisted 4/19. Anybody else here anything?

Wow you had the interview on March and heard back from them already?? I had the interview on February and did not hear anything yet. I don't know if that is a good sign or a bad, but it is just killing me. :mad: Hoping for the good :xf:

We will know the answer sometime this month as they said the final decisions are made in April. I would suspect calls to be made out on Fridays or Mondays as this has been the trend I have seen this year.

Best of wishes everybody!

I got the call from Barbara on Tuesday morning!!!! :love:

Good luck to all that are waiting to hear!!!

I am officially an alternate :) Does anyone know how many alternates CU has and if there is a difference between being an alternate and being wait listed?

Does your letter say you are an alternate or that you are wait listed? Thanks!

I didn't receive a letter. I was just checking my aadsas account on Wednesday and saw a status of waitlisted. This was the first time I had seen a status from colorado throughout the entire application cycle. I did call yesterday to confirm but had to leave a message. I haven't received a call back yet.

I interviewed in February and CU isn't even listed under school decisions on my AADSAS account... has this happened to anyone else?

I didn't receive a letter. I was just checking my aadsas account on Wednesday and saw a status of waitlisted. This was the first time I had seen a status from colorado throughout the entire application cycle. I did call yesterday to confirm but had to leave a message. I haven't received a call back yet.
My AADSAS status has never changed with Colorado. In fact, Colorado isn't even listed on my AADSAS school decision section.

I received a snail mail letter on Friday saying that I am an alternate. I don't know if there is a difference between being an alternate and being wait listed (I don't think so). Does anyone know how many alternates Colorado has?

I interviewed in February and CU isn't even listed under school decisions on my AADSAS account... has this happened to anyone else?

I also interviewed on February and my Colorado AADSAS status is not even listed. Did not hear anything from Colorado since February.

My AADSAS status didn't show anything for Colorado until I was accepted...so don't worry and don't give up hope!!!

My AADSAS status has never changed with Colorado. In fact, Colorado isn't even listed on my AADSAS school decision section.

I received a snail mail letter on Friday saying that I am an alternate. I don't know if there is a difference between being an alternate and being wait listed (I don't think so). Does anyone know how many alternates Colorado has?

I received my letter in the mail today. I had moved since I interviewed so the letter had to be forwarded so it took e few extra days to get to me.

I'm glad that you received your letter today :) When did you interview? I interviewed in February. I tried to call Barbara today but was unable to get through and had to leave her a message. Did you have any luck getting a hold of her?

I am going to see if I can find out more information; number of alternates, where I am on the list, etc. If she tells me anything I will let you know.

FYI...deposits for those that were accepted 4/19 are due on Monday, 5/2 so maybe those that are waitlisted will hear something on Tuesday? Good luck!!