***official colorado c/o 2015 acceptance thread***

condog51

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got the call this morning from Colorado! This is a great day!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call this morning around 9:30 am WI time...I was SO excited to hear from them!!!!! Still in complete shock:)

Congratulations!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
got the call from Barbara a bit ago! AWWWW YEAHHH

I got my call this morning too! Congrats everyone!

When did they say they were going to send us official letters of acceptance?

I forgot my phone for 1 minute this morning and of course, that's when Barbara calls! Finally got a hold of her to find out I'm in :) CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO GOT A COLORADO OFFER!! Hope to see you next fall

Congratulations on the acceptances I have an interview on Saturday and was wondering if someone could pm me and give a little insight on the interview process? Thank you so much

I just cancelled Dec 4th interview, hoepfully someone can use it
congrats to all

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call from my interviewer today personally congratulating me. Everyone out there is SO nice!:)

Got a call from my interviewer today personally congratulating me. Everyone out there is SO nice!:)

That's nice of him or her. Congrats!

Does anyone know when they plan to meet again? I think there were about 40 students who interviewed on the 4th of this month. Did anyone ask?

That's nice of him or her. Congrats!

Does anyone know when they plan to meet again? I think there were about 40 students who interviewed on the 4th of this month. Did anyone ask?

They are meeting again in February:( Most schools meet again in January!! More waiting for me...

Does anyone know how many accpetances they offered so far??

They are meeting again in February:( Most schools meet again in January!! More waiting for me...

I was told less than 1/2. And you have to assume that some of those students received multiple acceptances and may not go.

That long?! I was hoping they would have some more acceptances before winter break. In the past, they have made decisions in January, according to predents.

Were you there on the 4th and are you in-state?

That long?! I was hoping they would have some more acceptances before winter break. In the past, they have made decisions in January, according to predents.

I interviewed on the 4th, about half of the people there were instate. They said no news until at least January 15th, and most likely not until early Feb.

I interviewed on 11/20 and I am in-state. However, I took my DAT in November so they did not have my official DAT score on Dec 1. I am pretty sure this is how it goes:

If you interview prior to Dec 1 and you do not get accecpted on Dec 1 then you have to wait until the adcom meets on specified dates in order to be accepted. Like their next date in February. They will not look at you again before then:eek: This is what is referred to as a rolling admissions process. Unless you get rejected before then. If you don't get accepted in February then you must wait until March...

However! If you interview after Dec 1, then can accept you at any point after your interview:love: 2 days later. A week later. Or when the adcom meets and looks at everyone else.

So, there are pros and cons to being interviewed both before and after Dec 1. The reason you see people accepted in Jan on Predents is because they most likely had an interview in January and most definitely after Dec 1.

Does my rambling make any sense? :thumbup:

I interviewed on the 4th, about half of the people there were instate. They said no news until at least January 15th, and most likely not until early Feb.

Do you know how many people were interviewed on the 4th? Hopefully you will hear before then:xf:

Did Dr. Kluender say that they gave out less than 1/2 acceptances on Dec 1? Or who said that?? Just wanted to make sure that was reliable:)

There were about about 35ish people interviewing. They broke it into morning and afternoon sessions. He said that he didn't know what % of the class will be filled, and that he wouldn't know until deposits are due. He also said that the trend over the years was that about half of the class is filled by those accepted December 1st. Also remember, they are increasing the class size this year to 80, so I don't know if that will change anything.

Sooooo I just got my acceptance letter in the mail and it says that you have to maintain your current GPA or get higher...how strict do you think they'll be on this? Mine will literally drop by 0.018 because of an AB in physics:( I realize this might be a ridiculous thing to worry about, but I REALLY want to go to Colorado and I hope this won't be a big deal:xf:

Thank you for the replies Predent 007 and bracedoc. The wait will be fun!

Sooooo I just got my acceptance letter in the mail and it says that you have to maintain your current GPA or get higher...how strict do you think they'll be on this? Mine will literally drop by 0.018 because of an AB in physics:( I realize this might be a ridiculous thing to worry about, but I REALLY want to go to Colorado and I hope this won't be a big deal:xf:

If you are also Predent11 on predents.com, then I'm doubtful that you'll get your acceptance revoked because you when down from a 4.0 to a 3.982. I would call or send an email though just to clarify. Colorado is a good choice! :thumbup:

[QUOTE If you are also Predent11 on predents.com, then I'm doubtful that you'll get your acceptance revoked because you when down from a 4.0 to a 3.982. I would call or send an email though just to clarify. Colorado is a good choice! :thumbup:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your response! I am PreDent11 on predents, and I realize how silly this is, but I just don't want to lose my place on a tiny technicality.

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting to hear...I hope to see you in the fall!

Anyone out there get a recent acceptance?? There are 17 members in the FB group... certainly room for more ;)

Anyone out there get a recent acceptance?? There are 17 members in the FB group... certainly room for more ;)

Agreed! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting for an acceptance:)

Last edited:
I would be willing to join the facebook group if that would get me accepted! :rolleyes:

The next round, hopefully, will be rolling out in the next two weeks!

:confused: What makes you think this? They don't meet again until early next month to discuss the next round of acceptances...

A SDN'er above mentioned that they might meet mid-January, although more likely early February. Hopefully it'll be this month.

Do you have any confirmation though that it will be next month?

A SDN'er above mentioned that they might meet mid-January, although more likely early February. Hopefully it'll be this month.

Do you have any confirmation though that it will be next month?

I was told from Barbara herself that they do not meet again until early February and will not likey send out acceptances until mid February.

Does anyone know of any good places to live near the school? It would be nice to find an affordable place within walking/biking distance of campus.

***Also, if any current dental students are reading this, your feedback would be appreciated:)***

I was told from Barbara herself that they do not meet again until early February and will not likey send out acceptances until mid February.

I guess my hopeful side was too hopeful.

Does anyone know of any good places to live near the school? It would be nice to find an affordable place within walking/biking distance of campus.

***Also, if any current dental students are reading this, your feedback would be appreciated:)***

Copper Flats are across the street. http://www.carmelapartments.com/copper-flats-apartments

It's been a while and there's still a little left. How's the wait for the 2nd round been going for everyone?

I have an interview coming up at Colorado, and I'm wondering if any of you know if out-of-state students can get in-state tuition after a year?

I have an interview coming up at Colorado, and I'm wondering if any of you know if out-of-state students can get in-state tuition after a year?

If you start paying OOS tuition, you continue to pay that amount for the next 4 years. If you're from a WICHE state that doesn't have a dental school, your state will pay the difference in tuition though. I'm not sure how that works exactly though.

Best of wishes on the interview!

That is lame. If that's for sure the case, I'll probably be turning down their invite.

It is no longer available. I visited my brother-in-law this weekend for the express purpose of getting his opinion about Colorado. I wanted to compare Colorado to MWU-AZ. He just finished his 4 years + residency there this past June.

He said they ended the in-state after a year opportunity while he was attending. He was fortunate enough to have wiche funding, however, I won't be able to count on wiche funding since it is not funded in WY currently.

On a side note. One of my big concerns was the costs. Seems to me there OOS tuition and fees is in the mid $80k's. Add cost of living to this and it will cost more than MWU estimates.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/student-ser...ges/SchoolofDentalMedicineTuitionandFees.aspx

It is no longer available. I visited my brother-in-law this weekend for the express purpose of getting his opinion about Colorado. I wanted to compare Colorado to MWU-AZ. He just finished his 4 years + residency there this past June.

He said they ended the in-state after a year opportunity while he was attending. He was fortunate enough to have wiche funding, however, I won't be able to count on wiche funding since it is not funded in WY currently.

On a side note. One of my big concerns was the costs. Seems to me there OOS tuition and fees is in the mid $80k's. Add cost of living to this and it will cost more than MWU estimates.

http://www.ucdenver.edu/student-ser...ges/SchoolofDentalMedicineTuitionandFees.aspx

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be cancelling the interview, hopefully that'll help out someone else. By the way K9, are you going to Midwestern?

Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be cancelling the interview, hopefully that'll help out someone else. By the way K9, are you going to Midwestern?

Most likely. I really loved MWU. Like you I really got a good feeling about the school during my interview and tour.

My wife would really prefer Colorado since it is closer to our families and friends. Plus my brother-in-law had a excellent experience at Colorado. Of course getting accepted is the first step then we can make that decision.

I will be attending the interview and tour to really get a feel for the atmosphere at Colorado and the tution and fees.

It may come down to cost though.

Hey Osity I think you should take that interview. Colorado would be your 8th school to get into. You could take that offer and free up a seat for me at Creighton! What do you think?:xf:

Hey Osity I think you should take that interview. Colorado would be your 8th school to get into. You could take that offer and free up a seat for me at Creighton! What do you think?:xf:

If you can get them to give me in-state tuition I'd be more than happy to! I loved Creighton though, and I bet they'll still have some spots open up along the way. It just probably wont be mine! I saw you have an interview coming up there soon, good luck!

Hey so I have decided to commit to UC! Anyway does anyone know what they are going to do in regards to paying for school. Im going to look into the millitary, Wichie, and other areas. I was just wondering what my fellow classmates of 2015 were thinking. Its scary to think that we may be 250K in debt.... Gotta love dentistry i guess! ha ha ha! Any help or advice would be appreciated.

-country boy from New Mexico

Hey so I have decided to commit to UC! Anyway does anyone know what they are going to do in regards to paying for school. Im going to look into the millitary, Wichie, and other areas. I was just wondering what my fellow classmates of 2015 were thinking. Its scary to think that we may be 250K in debt.... Gotta love dentistry i guess! ha ha ha! Any help or advice would be appreciated.

-country boy from New Mexico

Since you're from New Mexico, can't you be sponsored by your state? That'll cut tuition halfway.

Ya it will, but im not sure if i want to come back to New Mexico. If you do the Wichie contract you must come back and practice in the state for a certain number of years.