***official colorado c/o 2015 acceptance thread***

FYI...deposits for those that were accepted 4/19 are due on Monday, 5/2 so maybe those that are waitlisted will hear something on Tuesday? Good luck!!

I talked to barb last Friday 4/21 and she said those who haven't heard a yes or no still will know by the end of this week. But hopefully I won't have to wait until next week. This is killing me :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I talked to barb last Friday 4/21 and she said those who haven't heard a yes or no still will know by the end of this week. But hopefully I won't have to wait until next week. This is killing me :eek:

Waiting is torture but hopefully you will hear some good news soon!! Did you hear from MWU-AZ?

Waiting is torture but hopefully you will hear some good news soon!! Did you hear from MWU-AZ?

No news yet from either school and it is killing me. especially since I am working at CU in Aurora and overlooking the dental school I see it everyday and I know I should be there studying

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

Do you know how many spots they still have left?? Has anyone heard that has interviewed recently (Feb, March, April)?? This is killing me too!!!

Do you know how many spots they still have left?? Has anyone heard that has interviewed recently (Feb, March, April)?? This is killing me too!!!

I interview Dec 4th and haven't heard yet. I am just hoping all the open spots are for Colorado residents. I know selfish but at this point I want in regardless

I interview Dec 4th and haven't heard yet. I am just hoping all the open spots are for Colorado residents. I know selfish but at this point I want in regardless

Haha that's not selfish... I'm a Colorado resident too so that would be fine with me!

I just received my rejection letter from CU via email:mad:

You're not alone. Four of us who are UCD students/alums all just got the reject email too. So much for attending the same school as an undergrad...

You're not alone. Four of us who are UCD students/alums all just got the reject email too. So much for attending the same school as an undergrad...

I mean i work at anschutz researching oral cancer and i work with some of the dentists on the admission board and i have a 3.7 GPA and 19 AA 19 PAT in state how did I blow my interview that bad?

Got rejected too! Graduated from Boulder. Predental Club Officer. 3.75cGPA. 3.65sGPA. 19DAT. :confused: 8 Years working in the Field since I was 18! Awesome LOR's and a committee letter. Stumped!!

When did you apply? I know I applied late but still think I should have got in

I'm in the same boat too. My stats: Sci 3.86 NonSci 3.85 AA20/TS22/PA21

I'm just curious as to what it is. Well, time to move on. Congratulations to those accepted! For everyone else (including me), hopefully the future holds some wonderful surprises!

I just received my rejection letter from CU via email:mad:

I am giving up my spot at MWU-AZ...maybe you will get it!!! I loved that school, but can't pass up going in-state!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same boat too. My stats: Sci 3.86 NonSci 3.85 AA20/TS22/PA21

I'm just curious as to what it is. Well, time to move on. Congratulations to those accepted! For everyone else (including me), hopefully the future holds some wonderful surprises!

Don't give up!!! I know it is frustrating, but I think it is just so competitive nowadays...especially at state schools...I think a lot of it is also just plain luck...I will keep my fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the alternate list? I called Barbara last week and the only thing she could tell me was that the list is very short-same thing the letter says. From predents.com and including myself there are 5 people on the alternate list that I know about.

Anyone out there get an acceptance from Colorado who is not going to attend?

Does anyone know anything about the alternate list? I called Barbara last week and the only thing she could tell me was that the list is very short-same thing the letter says. From predents.com and including myself there are 5 people on the alternate list that I know about.

Anyone out there get an acceptance from Colorado who is not going to attend?

Hang in there!!! :xf: Sounds like the waitlist is pretty small and that's good!! Did you get accepted anywhere else?

It is all about CU for me-that is why I am so curious. If anyone has any info I would be happy to hear it :)

So I just missed a call from Barbara and haven't heard back from her but I have been denied so now I am worried and nervous about why she is calling

So I just missed a call from Barbara and haven't heard back from her but I have been denied so now I am worried and nervous about why she is calling

OMG!!! Could it be good news?!!! Keep calling her and let us know what's up!!! :xf:

Sadly it was nothing I just had questions about letters for next year application

Any one get accepted into the UC Denver Dental Post-Bacc program?

I was accepted today. Now I have to make a very tough decision.

it is cheaper to fly or drive from colorado to wyoming, then it is from arizona to wyoming. I say you choose CU.

BTW im on the waitlist for MWU lol

it is cheaper to fly or drive from colorado to wyoming, then it is from arizona to wyoming. I say you choose CU.

Congrats! When do you have to tell them by? Hopefully you have the weekend to think it over.

I wouldn't mind it if you picked Arizona- I'm on the waitlist for CU :)

Congrats! When do you have to tell them by? Hopefully you have the weekend to think it over.

I would say pick CO since I am on MWU waitlist :)

Go to CU!! :)

I would say pick CO since I am on MWU waitlist :)

I do have the weekend to weigh my options. So, fellow sdners. Aside from being on the waitlist at mwu for what other reasons would you choose cu? To be candid I'm still leaning toward mwu because I really loved the atmosphere there. I also feel I will have more success as a student with mwu's schedule and curriculum. Besides, I have already put all the pieces together (apartment, vaccinations, background check, last day at work, financial aid etc) for mwu.

After I found out yesterday I asked my dentist his opinion and at first he said go to the less expensive option. But he back tracked a little and said to go with my gut, meaning the one I felt best about initially.

My wife would love if your thoughts tilted the scale toward CU. She definately is more concerned about the location.

i dont think anyone can sway your decision bro. I think your dentist said it best, you have to go with your gut. If you feel MWU-AZ is the place where you can succeed then all means you must go there or vice versa. I think you need try to get the facts from dental students at these two schools, so I would create a post there. I wish you the best of luck with your decision and d school, and I hope you make the right choice for you and your family.

Last edited:
I do have the weekend to weigh my options. So, fellow sdners. Aside from being on the waitlist at mwu for what other reasons would you choose cu? To be candid I'm still leaning toward mwu because I really loved the atmosphere there. I also feel I will have more success as a student with mwu's schedule and curriculum. Besides, I have already put all the pieces together (apartment, vaccinations, background check, last day at work, financial aid etc) for mwu.

After I found out yesterday I asked my dentist his opinion and at first he said go to the less expensive option. But he back tracked a little and said to go with my gut, meaning the one I felt best about initially.

My wife would love if your thoughts tilted the scale toward CU. She definately is more concerned about the location.

MWU is a school with tremendous upside. The only down sides are that it has not graduated a class and has no reputation yet. Also, it is a conservative campus / state (I hope you are aware of the politics in AZ) and can be VERY hot.

i dont think anyone can sway your decision bro. I think your dentist said it best, you have to go with your gut. If you feel MWU-AZ is the place where you can succeed then all means you must go there or vice versa. I think you need try to get the facts from dental students at these two schools, so I would create a post there. I wish you the best of luck with your decision and d school, and I hope you make the right choice for you and your family.

+1. I think you need to go with what is best for you-stick with your gut feeling. I understand your wife's side as I am married with a family myself. But, if you are unhappy with your choice for 4 years it will affect your family and will just make a difficult time more difficult. Once you graduate you can always move back.

After you have thought about it and talked it over the right decision will be in front of you. Good luck- I await your decision!

I was seriously looking for a reason to attend Colorado but the pros in favor of colorado couldn't overcome the pros for mwu (for my situation). Good luck to you others who are waiting.

I was seriously looking for a reason to attend Colorado but the pros in favor of colorado couldn't overcome the pros for mwu (for my situation). Good luck to you others who are waiting.

thanks for letting us know, hopefully I will see you there

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck to you and your family at MWU-I'm sure you will get settled in nicely.

That opens a spot at CU. Has anyone heard from Barbara?

I'm also on the waitlist and I haven't heard yet, but I'm a CO resident. Doesn't CU have separate waitlists for resident, non-residents, and WICHE students? If that's true, then another WICHE student would take K9bestfriend's position to my understanding.

I'm also on the waitlist and I haven't heard yet, but I'm a CO resident. Doesn't CU have separate waitlists for resident, non-residents, and WICHE students? If that's true, then another WICHE student would take K9bestfriend's position to my understanding.

I have not heard of this but it makes some sense. But, if the applicant pool is small (like the letter said) then that leads me to believe that it is just one pool. And, I was informed once that they pick applicants from the waitlist who they think will best compliment the class.

Do you know if the AC has to meet again before another offer goes out?

I have not heard of this but it makes some sense. But, if the applicant pool is small (like the letter said) then that leads me to believe that it is just one pool. And, I was informed once that they pick applicants from the waitlist who they think will best compliment the class.

Do you know if the AC has to meet again before another offer goes out?
For our sake, I really hope that there isn't separate waitlists but I've always thought there was. I actually don't know if the adcom has to meet again, but I would guess so. I know that the waitlist for the med school at CU isn't ranked so the adcom meets every time there is movement from the list. I wonder if they do it in a similar fashion. If there was a true system of ranking, then why wouldn't we be allowed to know our position on the waitlist? I don't know any of this for certain, but it's kind of what I've gathered from everything.

For you who are waiting if it eases your mind at all the deadline for making the deposit is monday june sixth for those that were accepted last week so there may be some news after that.

For you who are waiting if it eases your mind at all the deadline for making the deposit is monday june sixth for those that were accepted last week so there may be some news after that.

Thanks for the info.

Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted to Colorado- great school btw. And for those of you that are on the WL, hang in there. There were people in my class that got accepted in late July, and one guy was actually called up from the rejection list a day prior to orientation in August. If any of you guys have any specific questions about CU, just ask away and I will do the best to answer them.

Congratulations to all of you that have been accepted to Colorado- great school btw. And for those of you that are on the WL, hang in there. There were people in my class that got accepted in late July, and one guy was actually called up from the rejection list a day prior to orientation in August. If any of you guys have any specific questions about CU, just ask away and I will do the best to answer them.

Congrats to everyone who got it but thanks to 63B2B for the encouraging post for those of us still waiting to hear good news. I hope the cycle repeats itself and that July is the month for me. :xf: