PennMed 2012 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How to respond?

a) "I always have a hankering for pickles"

or

b) "If only you had written pickles with a capital P..." :laugh:

I vote for the latter ;)

Members don't see this ad.

So you're in my time zone, right? (Is Michigan Eastern???) Do you ever sleep?

This is totally the second Penn thread that I've derailed!!

(granted this one was a little wonky to begin with)

Members don't see this ad :)
So you're in my time zone, right? (Is Michigan Eastern???) Do you ever sleep?

haha yea, we're eastern, and i'm actually about to go sleep now..you should too!

This is totally the second Penn thread that I've derailed!!

its 'k, soon decisions (hopefully) will come out soon and this place will be buzzing

go to bed!

Yeah it WILL be buzzing in "One or Two days more" (thanks to whoever posted Les Mis video!!!!:love:)

Good Night!

[fingers and toes crossed] Here's to hoping it's today!!
:banana::luck::banana:

Hi Penn thread! I just got home from vacation, and I spent about an hour reading through this thread. I have to say, this is THE BEST thread I have ever seen on sdn. If this is any indication of what Penn students are like, Penn is my first choice.

curse you penn!!!!! i lost my mojito bet. :mad:

is anyone else perversely tempted to click the "withdraw application" button just to end the aggravation of it all?!

anyone brave enough to call in today and ask?

curse you penn!!!!! i lost my mojito bet. :mad:

is anyone else perversely tempted to click the "withdraw application" button just to end the aggravation of it all?!
That link scares the crap out of me. I'm afraid I'm accidentally going to click it and it won't even ask for confirmation and they won't be able to undo it or anything. Nightmare fuel, that.

I think I'm losing my bet, too. But we're running out of days, so it can't be too much longer, right...?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone brave enough to call in today and ask?

I'd totally call! I didn't apply, so there's nothing that they can do to me!

(I'm stalking this thread because you guys are awesome and I love Peeps, not because I'm creepy)

and?

I'd totally call! I didn't apply, so there's nothing that they can do to me!

(I'm stalking this thread because you guys are awesome and I love Peeps, not because I'm creepy)

3/21 4pm nomoreplz: no bet, Wombat Jones: 3PM eastern, one can of Old Style FAIL
3/22 12pm SoxPatriots: Mad for Mex giant margarita FAIL
3/23 FAIL
3/24 9:30am j-weezy: 3 pitchers of shiner, 10am marctam: campari, 11am-12pm ziggy793: Red Duck FAIL
3/25 4:30pm OncDoc19: Buzz Aldrin, FAIL
3/26 8am Bluesmurf314: Maker's Mark Bourbon and a bag of Franzia, 8:01 AM SilkyDelicious: Flaming Dr. Pepper 9am normb20cw; 9am meowkat444, irish carbomb; 9:30a: pennquaker08, Shar Pei (White Dog Cafe ;)); 10am Textuality: El Vez blood orange margarita, 11am Ruz: Johnny Walker Black, 3PM Picklesali - Tokyo Iced tea, 6:03pm Ooch: Patron Silver, FAIL
3/27 8am Whoolietta: alma de cuba mojito! 9am Ben62734: Jack Daniels;
3/28 carwreck: Bombay Sapphire martini, 9 am DrX2099: Boilermaker, 10 am
3/29
3/30
3/31
4/1

Confession!!! I am stalking this thread, too. Also, I am ready to hit my head against the wall. What is taking Penn so long??? :scared:

Alrighty, I called. I noted that the main admissions page says that all decisions will be posted by March 30th. That's a Sunday. So, I called and asked if they could give me any more specific information, pointing out that March 30th is a Sunday. I was told that decisions will be posted sometime in the next few days (i.e. before the weekend), but that there's really no more specific information available. I'm guessing that they'll post stuff sometime on Friday afternoon.

Alrighty, I called. I noted that the main admissions page says that all decisions will be posted by March 30th. That's a Sunday. So, I called and asked if they could give me any more specific information, pointing out that March 30th is a Sunday. I was told that decisions will be posted sometime in the next few days (i.e. before the weekend), but that there's really no more specific information available. I'm guessing that they'll post stuff sometime on Friday afternoon.

Thanks SB, we owe you one.

decisions are UPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! I got in!

Haha, I love that you called solely because you like this thread. :bow:

That admissions lady LIED. Or maybe my call finally annoyed them into posting decisions. Congrats, jackson123, and GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :luck::luck::luck:

Yay, I can finally post this - accepted 3/20 via phone call from MSTP director and again today via status page!!!

Congratulations to all!

p.s. If you're holding an acceptance to Columbia or Duke and know that you'll pick Penn... pretty please withdraw? /self interest

Congrats to those who are in (if you didn't- congratulate yourself for interviewing at Penn and know that you're going to be a fantastic physician, no matter what Penn decides) and GOOD LUCK to those who haven't checked yet :luck::luck::luck:

Just got accepted!!!!:luck: SB, it's likely I'll be withdrawing from Columbia now!

Waitlist - Tier 1. :oops:

I guess its either Columbia or UCSF for me! Congrats to everyone that got in!!!! You all rock!

Hey everybody -- I just got the email -- decisions are up.... (oh, wait... :D)

Congrats to all who got in! I'm really envious-Waitlist Tier! Better than getting rejected outright, but I'm going to really hope and pray a few spots open up!

Holy cow! It seems like everyone on this thread got in!

I wasn't so lucky - Tier 1 Waitlist :( It's looking more and more like Vandy for next year...I loved it there, so it's not a bad choice!

Holy cow! It seems like everyone on this thread got in!

I wasn't so lucky - Tier 1 Waitlist :( It's looking more and more like Vandy for next year...I loved it there, so it's not a bad choice!

Yeah, this whole process makes no sense to me. I loved Vandy and had a great interview there, but got waitlisted.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! I got in, too!!! CONGRATS, EVERYONE!!!!

Did you ever put silly putty on the Sunday comics and peel it up to see the backwards comic on your silly putty? That was my favorite thing to do as a kid.

Also, Les Mis is one of my all-time favorite musicals!!! I greatly enjoyed the youtube video. I MAY have been singing along.

Yes of course I did that! And also, I totally agree about Les Mis. It's the best!

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!

ok...a Les Mis song to follow...as promised

This one is a little glib and fun & matches the celebratory mood i'm in :D
*mind you I didn't swindle my way into an acceptance...hahaha*

MASTER OF THE HOUSE
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gdavdTKfCo4[/youtube]

Waitlist Tier 1...what else is new :(

How about those Columbia withdrawals though...lets make it happen ;)

Congratulations to everyone!!!!!

Post 300!!!

ACCEPTED!!!!!! + Scholarship!!!

YAY PENN!

Waitlist Tier 1...what else is new :(

How about those Columbia withdrawals though...lets make it happen ;)

Here, here!
*attempts to look menacing, then fails.* The only things afraid of bunnies are cabbages and low shelves

So did anyone get NOT Tier 1 Waitlist? I wonder what that means and how good of a shot we on the waitlist might actually have. Very disappointing.

But congratulations to all that were admitted! You guys are awesoem and I'm really glad they chose you! Let me know if anyone has any information on the Penn Waitlist.

I was just checking out last year's thread. I guess some of the people on the "tier 1" waitlist also had a note that said "you are among the top of our waitlisted applicants" or something along those lines.

Anyone get that?

Mine just said, "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."

I was just checking out last year's thread. I guess some of the people on the "tier 1" waitlist also had a note that said "you are among the top of our waitlisted applicants" or something along those lines.

Anyone get that?

Mine just said, "The Committee on Admissions has a continuing interest in your application and we hope you remain interested in Penn."

I was wondering about that. Not me.