You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
MSU-CHM decision today?
Started by tinker_rebel
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed on the 25th as well. I believe they call in the evening, but I'm not sure.
I have not received a call (yet?), though.
I have not received a call (yet?), though.

I'm so nervous! I have no call yet either and someone already called me this morning and got my hopes up. It was a hospital I applied to volunteer at! 😡 The lady probably thought I was rude because I'm sure I sounded dissappointed. Well
hopefully they have decisions tonight and we both get a call.
hopefully they have decisions tonight and we both get a call. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so!
...they usually call between 5pm and 10pm...so late...
Makes my stomach cringe thinking about it.
Ouch, that is harsh to take 3 months to get back with someone to waitlist them. It seems they are moving faster now, the students I had lunch with said they found out a week after their interview, but they also interviewed around Jan last year. Who knows? That whole 5-10 thing? That makes me sick just thinking about it. I thought I'd get lucky since I work until 5 and thought they would try to call my house and tell my parents.
The decisions will be released TOMORROW!!! Jan. 31st. I got an e-mail when they didn't get to my application in December saying that the next date for decisions to be released is Jan. 31st. So, hate to say it but it is probably going to be about 24 more hours. I also had to wait forever. I interviewed in November. Luckily, I have already gotten into a couple of schools so I am not dying to know. If this was my first one I would be pissed that it took so long. Best of luck to those of you waiting to hear!
The decisions will be released TOMORROW!!! Jan. 31st. I got an e-mail when they didn't get to my application in December saying that the next date for decisions to be released is Jan. 31st. So, hate to say it but it is probably going to be about 24 more hours. I also had to wait forever. I interviewed in November. Luckily, I have already gotten into a couple of schools so I am not dying to know. If this was my first one I would be pissed that it took so long. Best of luck to those of you waiting to hear!
Hmm. I believe Dr. Shafer had said Tuesday night to us when I interviewed on January 25th. However, I could be mistaken.
I'm pretty sure Dr.Shaffer did say tonight, but she said it was only tentative. I think it will be tomorrow since the other poster mentioned getting an email about the next decision day being Jan 31. Oh well, what is another day? This is torture none the less.
I interviewed in November and I got an email in December saying that they didnt get to my application at the last meeting and that a decision would be released on Jan 31.
Good luck to everyone!
Well... then I guess another day of worrying for me. Good luck to you too.
Ouch, that is harsh to take 3 months to get back with someone to waitlist them.
That's nothing: My state school makes most people wait until April to find out. Yes, they accept a handful along the way, but a huge % of people, interviewed or not, be it October, January - whenever - wait to hear.... now THAT'S torture!
Anyway - is everyone they accept called?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My friend got called at ~7:15 PM CST.
Seriously 715 CST? So I guess no call means bad news 😡
I got a 'wait list' email today.
Well, they say alternate... Oh well. The OOS tuition woulda killed me.
Well, they say alternate... Oh well. The OOS tuition woulda killed me.
Seriously 715 CST? So I guess no call means bad news 😡
Either it's bad news or they did not get to your (our) file(s) yet.
I was a Jan. 25 interviewee. I haven't heard from them and have no change in status on the AIS webpage. Is it safe to assume they didn't get to my file last night? I hope so at this point because I didn't get a good news call from Dr. Schafer, that's for sure.
I think last night was the most anxious I've been so far. Even more than waiting for MCAT scores. Hoping to get a call, but also not even knowing if they'd even get to my file. At least now I know I'll be in the next batch.
Did anybody from Jan. 25 interview day get any word? Good Luck
I think last night was the most anxious I've been so far. Even more than waiting for MCAT scores. Hoping to get a call, but also not even knowing if they'd even get to my file. At least now I know I'll be in the next batch.
Did anybody from Jan. 25 interview day get any word? Good Luck

I was a Jan. 25 interviewee. I haven't heard from them and have no change in status on the AIS webpage. Is it safe to assume they didn't get to my file last night? I hope so at this point because I didn't get a good news call from Dr. Schafer, that's for sure.
I think last night was the most anxious I've been so far. Even more than waiting for MCAT scores. Hoping to get a call, but also not even knowing if they'd even get to my file. At least now I know I'll be in the next batch.
Did anybody from Jan. 25 interview day get any word? Good Luck![]()
My interview was Jan 11th. The email was this morning.

I got in today. No email or phone call, I just checked my status online!
good luck to everyone else!
when did you interview
when did you interview
Middle of November. I received an email in like december saying a final decision wasnt made and that the committee would release a second round of decisions on Jan 31st. Thats today. I didnt receive an email or a phone call (and obviously not a snailmail letter) yet. I simply checked my status and there was a new windows with todays date and it said the following:
"Congratulations! You have been accepted to the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University. Confirm your place in CHM's entering class within two weeks of the date of your formal letter of acceptance by sending your written acceptance of admission to us by email and paying your $100 Advanced Enrollment Deposit online."
Good luck to everyone else applying!Middle of November. I received an email in like december saying a final decision wasnt made and that the committee would release a second round of decisions on Jan 31st. Thats today. I didnt receive an email or a phone call (and obviously not a snailmail letter) yet. I simply checked my status and there was a new windows with todays date and it said the following:
"Congratulations! You have been accepted to the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University. Confirm your place in CHM's entering class within two weeks of the date of your formal letter of acceptance by sending your written acceptance of admission to us by email and paying your $100 Advanced Enrollment Deposit online."
Good luck to everyone else applying!
Congrats!
I interviewed on January 25. Unfortunately, my status page doesn't say anything new. I'm guessing they did not get a chance to get to my file as of yet or I have been rejected. 🙁
Hey HamburgerHelper, I have no status change either. I think they didn't get to our files and we'll be getting an email saying so in the next few days. Who knows when the next decision day will be?
Did anyone here actually get a call from Dr. Shafer? (Other than NovemberWhiskey's friend) Just curious.
Bumpity bump. Does anyone know which day this month we may hear from MSU?
Anyone? 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I e-mailed and asked. It's February 28th. 

Haha. No problem. Thanks. You too!
Well, it looks like I won't have a decision on that date (2/28) because I just got an email telling me I need to do a 3rd interview due to discrepencies in the 2 I had. I felt like that would happen. My faculty interview went great, and my student interview I was an idiot in. I actually had to stop in the middle of an answer and rephrase I was just too nervous. Then I couldn't even talk about myself in a coherent manner. This must mean my interview scores were not average, one was good and one was bad. I hate this process, I do not feel like doing another interview. They claim it has no negative effect on the decision, but if I've got one terrible interview score how can that not be bad? 👎
Oh Tinker Rebel!! I am so sorry =( I know you have your heart set on the school but I imagine the interview process is draining. Well I'm glad you're still in the running, because if we both go there next year it would be great to see you. Hang in there..rooting for ya!
Well, it looks like I won't have a decision on that date (2/28) because I just got an email telling me I need to do a 3rd interview due to discrepencies in the 2 I had. I felt like that would happen. My faculty interview went great, and my student interview I was an idiot in. I actually had to stop in the middle of an answer and rephrase I was just too nervous. Then I couldn't even talk about myself in a coherent manner. This must mean my interview scores were not average, one was good and one was bad. I hate this process, I do not feel like doing another interview. They claim it has no negative effect on the decision, but if I've got one terrible interview score how can that not be bad? 👎
That's too bad. I do believe I remember reading that you were accepted to Wayne... so all hope is not lost. I'm sure you'll do fine!
And I'm nervous as hell waiting to hear from MSU!
Thanks shpamme, I really did like MSU when I went there. And yes, Hamburger I was accepted at Wayne so it takes presure off for sure. However, I was still interested in MSU. Maybe it will be ok, I'm just a bit disappointed with myself because the one interview went fantastic and the other not so much. Also, I don't know how much a phone interview will help because talking on the phone with someone is completely different than sitting in front of them (it's easier in my mind and I trust the admissions committee has to think the same. There is no pressure of having someone look at you and they also can't see good qualities such as eye contact, smiles, etc.). Ah well. I will hope for the best.
everyone.
everyone.I understand. I liked MSU, too. Good luck nevertheless!
Thanks shpamme, I really did like MSU when I went there. And yes, Hamburger I was accepted at Wayne so it takes presure off for sure. However, I was still interested in MSU. Maybe it will be ok, I'm just a bit disappointed with myself because the one interview went fantastic and the other not so much. Also, I don't know how much a phone interview will help because talking on the phone with someone is completely different than sitting in front of them (it's easier in my mind and I trust the admissions committee has to think the same. There is no pressure of having someone look at you and they also can't see good qualities such as eye contact, smiles, etc.). Ah well. I will hope for the best.everyone.
Sorry to hear you have to go again, but look at it as a big chance to prove they should accept you! Plus, it's great that you're already in at Wayne (congrats on that,btw) . Anyway - good luck with your second chance, I'm sure it will go great, and that's all you can do!
They claim it has no negative effect on the decision, but if I've got one terrible interview score how can that not be bad? 👎
Don't worry it really won't come into play with your decision. They are really cool about it. Plus you'll get one of the people that they think are really good interviewers...which means they know how to run a good interview (there are some piss-poor interviewers out there).
P.S. does anyone know of any other school that does re-interviewing if you f*ck up and have a bad interview? I never realized it until now but that's kinda nice of State (even though...yea it blows cuz interviewing sucksssss)
Good luck to those waiting to hear on February 28th. I know I'll need it! 

P.S. does anyone know of any other school that does re-interviewing if you f*ck up and have a bad interview? I never realized it until now but that's kinda nice of State (even though...yea it blows cuz interviewing sucksssss)
Loyola, but they do it on the same day, letting you know before you leave if the two interview scores aren't similar.
Good luck Hamburger Helper!! I'm sure it will go great..hang in there!!
Here, we have another thread going too at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359835
Really nice people over there too! =)
Here, we have another thread going too at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359835
Really nice people over there too! =)
Good luck Hamburger Helper!! I'm sure it will go great..hang in there!!
Here, we have another thread going too at
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359835
Really nice people over there too! =)
I hope the same for you!
I have seen that thread as well, but since I was posting on this one a few weeks back, I thought I would do a "bumpity bump." 🙂
Lets get this active again as we slowly wait for the 28th...
So have we decided the general time frame they will call within?
Anyone recieve an e-mail saying their application won't be reviewed for the february acceptances?
So have we decided the general time frame they will call within?
Anyone recieve an e-mail saying their application won't be reviewed for the february acceptances?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told to check the status page after noon. After 12, you either are accepted (which shows up on the status page), or if you are placed on the alternate list/rejected, you will get an e-mail.
Thanks! Except i just interviewed last thursday so i really don't know if i will even be reviewed, which just adds another element of uncertainty.
Thanks! Except i just interviewed last thursday so i really don't know if i will even be reviewed, which just adds another element of uncertainty.
Ah! Well, good luck!
Thanks! Hopefully everyone who gets accepted will post here when they hear the news!
Thanks! Hopefully everyone who gets accepted will post here when they hear the news!
I will definitely post if it is good news. If it isn't good news, you can assume I jumped into the Detroit River!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 672