MSU-CHM decision today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you get in they'll call between 5-9ish PM. Hopefully this will help some of you from sitting next to your phones all day :) . Hope some of you get "The Call" from Dr. Schafer!

Members don't see this ad.

If you get in they'll call between 5-9ish PM. Hopefully this will help some of you from sitting next to your phones all day :) . Hope some of you get "The Call" from Dr. Schafer!

Will she call even if one had interviewed a month ago?

Will she call even if one had interviewed a month ago?

HAHA...well if "one had" (meaning you I'm guessing) then yes, everyone that gets a :thumbup: vote from the committee gets "The Call".

They prolly just didn't get to you last time...Don't sweat it.

Good Luck tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHA...well if "one had" (meaning you I'm guessing) then yes, everyone that gets a :thumbup: vote from the committee gets "The Call".

They prolly just didn't get to you last time...Don't sweat it.

Good Luck tomorrow!

Haha. All right! Thanks! :scared:

Got a couple of friends here in the same boat as you all... good luck everyone!

IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the call 2 minutes ago. I'm gonna go roll around in the snow and yell like a child.

IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got the call 2 minutes ago. I'm gonna go roll around in the snow and yell like a child.

Congratulations! I didn't know they would be calling tonight as well. :)

I interviewed on January 25 as well, but no call. :( I guess this may mean bad news...

:D I got the call too--about an hour ago. Interviewed in early/mid January. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to everybody and I hope that people who are still waiting hear soon! :D :D :D :D

I interviewed on Jan. 25 also.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think I've heard in the past that they've finished up some calls on wednesday morning, so don't fret, maybe tomorrow will be a big day for a lot of you

At my interview last thursday she specificaly said to expect a call on wednesday night....So im not gonna worry untill tomorrow around 10:00

No call. :(

Well congrats to all you on the other side. :D

Congrats to those who got the call!!! Anyone know they are going there next year for sure???

For those who didn't, if you got the waitlist...don't despair too much, I know they are using it much more this year as opposed to recent years/other schools since they are expanding the class. They have been concerned about how exactly to fill the class correctly since they've never admitted this many at once. (From the mouth of the Dir. of Admin)

If you weren't reviewed...kick back, grab a beer, and know that you're still in the running!

If you got rejected...sorry. Life sucks sometimes.

Congrats to those who got the call!!! Anyone know they are going there next year for sure???

For those who didn't, if you got the waitlist...don't despair too much, I know they are using it much more this year as opposed to recent years/other schools since they are expanding the class. They have been concerned about how exactly to fill the class correctly since they've never admitted this many at once. (From the mouth of the Dir. of Admin)

If you weren't reviewed...kick back, grab a beer, and know that you're still in the running!

If you got rejected...sorry. Life sucks sometimes.

Kick back? You do realize you're on SDN right?
:laugh:

Kick back? You do realize you're on SDN right?
:laugh:

hahahaha...hey, it was worth a shot. I've got a guinness (in a bottle) in my hand right now. I must say though, I'm not a fan...too watered down compared to the real thing (and by real I mean imported keg charged with nitrogen)

What do you think that bead like thing in guinness is? Its a nitrogen packed if im not mistaken. Poeple get so picky with their guinness.

Anyways. drinking and SDN usually not a good combo

Blah. Placed on the alternate list. This whole process is starting to really break me down...

Blah. Placed on the alternate list. This whole process is starting to really break me down...

How'd you hear HH? I'm sorry. :( At our interview they said that if we were placed on the alternate list to make sure we sent a letter of interest if we really wanted to go there, so make sure you do that. Sorry you have to keep waiting but as they say...at least it wasn't a rejection. :oops:

My page didn't change. I think I'm out. Feel sick.

How'd you hear HH? I'm sorry. :( At our interview they said that if we were placed on the alternate list to make sure we sent a letter of interest if we really wanted to go there, so make sure you do that. Sorry you have to keep waiting but as they say...at least it wasn't a rejection. :oops:

Thanks. I am on 3 alternate lists at this time, though. I do not know what to do at this point. I sent a letter of interest this past Monday - I don't know if I should send another (and when).

I received an e-mail. If you get in, your status page should change at 12 pm. Or at least that was what I was told. If you were rejected, I think you would have received an e-mail already? My e-mail came in at 8:30 AM or so.

Good tip with the LOI...also if you have made a recent connection that would write a strong LOR that'd help out too. When did you interview Nomemory? They most likely didn't get to you or decided to put you back into the pile cuz your app was just toooo hottt.

The widget/nitrogen rocket is weird...i dont' like having solid things move around in my beer while drinking. Makes me think of Strange Brew and the mouse in the bottle. But last night I tried just drinking it out of the bottle and not pouring it into a glass, and i think that helped the taste. Supposedly the widget lets out a lil nitrogen each time you drink to help with taste and head.

Interesting. I always heard you were supposed to drink guinness out of the bottle.

Anyways, No call, no email, and my status page is down.

Not sure what to think....

Interesting. I always heard you were supposed to drink guinness out of the bottle.

Anyways, No call, no email, and my status page is down.

Not sure what to think....

Status page down seems good! Maybe they're updating it. :eek:

Mine on the other hand is totally and utterly the same. :(

Hey you guys..Congrats to everyone who got in (esp DocOB--I am so so happy for you!!)

Nomemory/Disinence/DrDrew/Hambuger, I got no call or email either and my status page did not change--I totally feel your pain. Definite bummer.. Hang in there.

Hey you guys..Congrats to everyone who got in (esp DocOB--I am so so happy for you!!)

Nomemory/Disinence/DrDrew/Hambuger, I got no call or email either and my status page did not change--I totally feel your pain. Definite bummer.. Hang in there.

This blows. :(

I just called MSU not to long ago. I interviewed on Jan 18th and my file has not even went to committee yet. I am trying to figure why. Can someone tell me why????

I am tired of checking my status page and still I see nothing. No changes of any kind. I am so irritated. +pissed+

Or i was rejected and deleated from the computer system

I'm sure they just didn't get to you/put you back in the pile...i know someone that had two review session go by before they heard they were in.

Here's still hope!

From CHM's applicant page

"Acceptances are offered throughout the year, but are staggered so that positions remain for applicants evaluated and interviewed later in the admissions process."

I'm not really sure what the deal is either. I interviewed on Jan 11 and have heard nothing. No status change online or update email.

I'm not really sure what the deal is either. I interviewed on Jan 11 and have heard nothing. No status change online or update email.

Well, its good to know I am not alone. I wonder if they review applications in some specific order.

Far from alone, lady di. I'm in the same boat as bhattnea; Jan 11 interview and nothing since then. I'll take nothing over than a no, but it sure would be nice to put this to bed. :sleep:

Shadoctor November accept 1/31
Tinker 1/25, reinterview Feb no decision 2/27
Juls Sept waitlist Dec
Salsera 1/10ish accept 2/27
Bhattnea 1/11 no decision 2/27
Furstenfeld 1/11 no decision 2/27
Lady Diamond 1/18 no decision 2/27
Hamburger 1/25 waitlist 2/27
Doc Ob 1/25 accept 2/27
Shpamme early Feb no decision 2/27
Nomemory early Feb no decision 2/27
Disinence Feb 22 no deicison 2/27

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind--I tried to cull as much info from the threads that I could. I have no idea what this means given Furstenfeld/LadyDiamond/Bhattnea's experiences, except perhaps that Feb interviewees were definitely not considered. Of course, not everyone who interviewed Feb is on SDN posting on this thread--so this is pure conjecture.

But it jives with what I was just told by the admissions office today. The lady who answered the phone said if your status page did not change at all, it means you were just not reviewed at all at the last meeting. If you were waitlisted or rejected, you would have gotten an email and your status page would have changed--which jives with what people are posting here.

Anyone else I overlooked, would you mind adding to the list when you interviewed?

Also (esp Dr. Drew), what does it mean if your app was put "back in the pile?" Does this mean that you were considered and put back in the pile, or just not reviewed at all? Why would they put someone back in the pile instead of just rejecting or waitlisting them right there?

And finally, for Feb interviewees whose status page didn't change--has anyone gotten an email from the adcomm telling them whether they were reviewed or not?

Thanks guys for all the support. You guys are too nice. If this is any indication of what class will be like next year, I'm stoked. Hang in there.. and congrats again to all the acceptances!

Juls Sept waitlist Dec
Doc Ob 1/25 accept 2/27

Hey guys, I hope you don't mind--I tried to cull as much info from the threads that I could. I have no idea what this means given Furstenfeld/LadyDiamond/Bhattnea's experiences, except perhaps that Feb interviewees were definitely not considered. Of course, not everyone who interviewed Feb is on SDN posting on this thread--so this is pure conjecture.

But it jives with what I was just told by the admissions office today. The lady who answered the phone said if your status page did not change at all, it means you were just not reviewed at all at the last meeting. If you were waitlisted or rejected, you would have gotten an email and your status page would have changed--which jives with what people are posting here.

Anyone else I overlooked, would you mind adding to the list when you interviewed?

Also (esp Dr. Drew), what does it mean if your app was put "back in the pile?" Does this mean that you were considered and put back in the pile, or just not reviewed at all? Why would they put someone back in the pile instead of just rejecting or waitlisting them right there?

And finally, for Feb interviewees whose status page didn't change--has anyone gotten an email from the adcomm telling them whether they were reviewed or not?

Thanks guys for all the support. You guys are too nice. If this is any indication of what class will be like next year, I'm stoked. Hang in there.. and congrats again to all the acceptances!

Hey Hella,

Thanks for your list. I am back in limbo....no status change, no email, no nada. I'd rather be in limbo than rejected though, so if not receiving an email means I'm still in the running then I guess it could be worse. :oops:

Good luck to those in my boat and congrats to all those accepted.

Juls Sept waitlist Dec
Doc Ob 1/25 accept 2/27

thanks nice to know i'm not alone.

Hey guys, nothing for me. No call, no emails, no status change. I somewhat expected this though with my reinterview. I don't know what the deal is with people interviewing in Jan and not hearing yet. Congrats to everyone who got in.

you can add me on to the list above...

i interviewed 2/22 and i have no status change/e-mail/call. i'm still hoping for a phone call tonight, since they said they would call in the evening and because others have said they meet pretty late. :luck:

Hi guys, I double-checked the date and it appears I lied. It was more mid-late January--the 18th. If it helps, I sent a LOI before they reviewed my file. Maybe that helps?

edit...no need to speculate I think they cleared it all up very well

If several of you from the same day haven't heard then it's just that they haven't gotten to you're day yet. Heed the advice i gave earlier about the beer, not much you can do now. They tend to be a little slower than other schools about reviewing your file.

Congrats to all that got in...it's a sweet place to be. To those that haven't hear or are on the WL, GOOD LUCK!

I nearly fainted....I thought it was the rejection email! :scared: :scared: :scared: It wasn't. So if you get an email don't freak out....yet. Here's what it said:

Dear CHM applicant:

This email is being sent to clarify your application status now that
you have interviewed at CHM.

The Committee on Admissions works very hard to get a final decision
made on a candidate's application in a timely fashion. However, the
Committee has a very large number of applications (50+) to review at each
meeting and it simply isn't possible to get through every applicant's
file. Additionally, files aren't reviewed in any particular order (i.e.,
there is no guarantee that someone who interviewed in January will get
a decision before anyone who interviewed in February).
As you can
imagine, decisions on some applications are able to be made fairly quickly,
while others require more discussion and analysis before a final
decision can be made.

Please rest assured that CHM values your interest in us, and the
Committee is working hard to get a final decision made on your application as
soon as possible. Final decision notification dates are March 21,
April 4, and April 11.
Our process is specifically set up so that the time
an applicant is reviewed is not a factor in the decision to admit, and
seats in the entering class remain available through the end of the
application cycle.
We ask that you do not call the office to inquire about your
application status
but instead check your status using the CHM AIS system. When
a final decision is made on your application, the information will be
posted on the CHM AIS system by 1:00 pm on the notification date. If
you check your status and there is no change, it means only that the
Committee has not yet made a final decision on your application. Office of
Admissions staff members are unable to provide you with specific
information about when a final decision will be made.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this long and
complex process.

woah... insanity. Good luck to all of you. Choose Wayne if you have a choice, though ;)

I got a reject email today. (I didnt interview though) So something's a cookin' over there ... good luck to all of you waiting to hear!

Hey everyone. I'm new to SDN but I've been reading through the posts related to MSUCHM. This is a great website!

Here's the deal. I interviewed back in early Feb (2/1 maybe). I thought for sure I'd find out yesterday, but no dice. I finally received an email this morning stating that the committee is overwhelmed with applications, and that I could expect to hear on April 4th after 1pm. If not then, April 11th is their last review day.

So, good luck to all those still waiting. If you haven't heard it's not the end of the world. Just another 35 days or so! Geesh. Keep your heads up everybody!

Remember the stats they showed on interview day:
last year:
4000 applications,
350 interviews, (huge cut--consider yourselves in good shape)
106 accepted.

They're increasing their class size by 50% this year and you know they issue way more acceptances than they have spots for. I got in at Wayne, so I'm not sweating too hard, but I'd rather go to MSU!