Questions about LECOM-Erie

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Corrupt200 said:
5 more business days left...LECOM, I want your verdict, hopefully before Friday, since it takes 2 days to drive to Erie form Boston. I have sacrificed too much to not get an answer from you. I have even prayed. Come to your senses and extend me an offer. I'm not getting any younger here.

if i were Erie and reading this, i'd probably think you're a little crazy, but might still accept you based on your passion alone.

good luck.. stay sane!

ps. accept this applicant already LECOM!

Members don't see this ad.

Sir Toalie said:
if i were Erie and reading this, i'd probably think you're a little crazy, but might still accept you based on your passion alone.

good luck.. stay sane!

ps. accept this applicant already LECOM!

Thanks for your support. Good thing I never revealed my real name on this site.

Yeah, actually saying that you went to the temple does not in any way divulge to us what religion you associate yourself with. Many religions have sanctuaries they call temples including, but not limited to, Buddihsts, Jews, and Mormons.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week ya'll... Good luck.

:luck:

Jezzielin said:
Last week ya'll... Good luck.

:luck:

Elaine knows my name too well now, hopefully in a good sense. I tell her my last name, and then she guesses my first. Admissions committee is going to meet everyday this week. I have also sent another message to the dean expressing my interest...sigh.

I wonder if she is actually reading it.

BTW I hope you enjoyed your trip.

Time to make some more phone calls...

I don't see how the last day to call can be Friday. Orientation doesn't start till Saturday (?) and classes, what, 3 days later. If people drop or don't show up they will have to call others.

Just a thought. I am glad it is a rainy day here in SW Michigan. I am in the mood for it.

Come on LECOM - Call me, Call me, Call me! :scared:

Sounds like we've all called Cinda, Ellane and Colleene a million times. Has anyone heard how many of us are on the waitlist/how many (on avg) get a seat? I'm beginning to believe it's classified government info with all the secrecy surrounding it :) . So, some of you have e-mailed the dean? Have you heard anything back? Do you think it helped? Does anyone know who is on the admissions committee?

cavolley said:
Sounds like we've all called Cinda, Ellane and Colleene a million times. Has anyone heard how many of us are on the waitlist/how many (on avg) get a seat? I'm beginning to believe it's classified government info with all the secrecy surrounding it :) . So, some of you have e-mailed the dean? Have you heard anything back? Do you think it helped? Does anyone know who is on the admissions committee?

I e-mailed the dean twice. Got no reply. She probably gets a lot of these e-mails everyday.

Jezzielin said:
Time to make some more phone calls...

I don't see how the last day to call can be Friday. Orientation doesn't start till Saturday (?) and classes, what, 3 days later. If people drop or don't show up they will have to call others.

Just a thought. I am glad it is a rainy day here in SW Michigan. I am in the mood for it.

Come on LECOM - Call me, Call me, Call me! :scared:

Yeah, I remember my waitlist letter readinf specifically "Alternates are notified of acceptance up until August 1. What's is this BS about the last date being July 28 all of a sudden?

Corrupt200 said:
I am going the SUNY buffalo for chemistry grad studies (trying to get my PhD)...I don't think those profs will like it if I bring up the point that I may try for med school. I may not even get decent reccomendations from them.

I don't even know how I will do..I have found that many of the profs i have had in the past are flaky, uncooperative, and ecentric. And the truth is, as soon as these profs get their tenure, they become sooo bad. And they really hate pre-med, med students, or doctors.

PRobably LECOM's idea was, "Let's lead him on. We'll interview him, we'll just not accept him."

I graduated from SUNY Buffalo in 2005. If you are trying to beef up your application you should consider completing your graduate studies in Medicinal Chemistry (MCH). Professor Kalman is very receptive towards students pursuing careers in medicine and writes excellent letters for his students. In addition, you will be in a field that is far more applicable to what you will be learning in medical school (compared to O-chem, P-chem, A-chem ect...). Best of luck.

MSII
Lecom 2009

I just got a call from Elaine!!! Saying I am very high on the waitlist and might be pulled off in the next two days. She said the last day she can notify students is Friday the 28th.

Can't believe I just paid all that money to start the application process and studied all summer for the MCAT.

Good Luck Everyone... Keeping my fingers crossed.

PS - She said she is expecting some movement in the last two days.

ejpcuse said:
I just got a call from Elaine!!! Saying I am very high on the waitlist and might be pulled off in the next two days. She said the last day she can notify students is Friday the 28th.

Can't believe I just paid all that money to start the application process and studied all summer for the MCAT.

Oh my god, I called her and she did not tell me anything. She just said bluntly, "We'll call you if anything changes"

PS how frequently, have you called lately?

I don't think I'm gonna get in. :-(

ejpcuse said:

Congrats! :D That's great news!

I am sure that the list will keep moving for ya! At least one of us is getting in from SDN. No call for me so I am preparing myself for the Carribean I suppose after Friday. I bet today was the day for calling those who have a final shot.

But good luck! :luck: I'm real happy for you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Corrupt200 said:
Oh my god, I called her and she did not tell me anything. She just said bluntly, "We'll call you if anything changes"

PS how frequently, have you called lately?

I don't think I'm gonna get in. :-(

Ah ignore the last post. Time to listen to some Kool and the Gang.

I just got in! :cool:

Corrupt200 said:
Ah ignore teh last post. Time to listen to some Kool and the Gang.

Congrats again, hun! :) :thumbup:

Okay, is there anyone else on here waiting besides me now? :(

Honestly, Jezz, you've been so patient with LECOM! I hope to see you there!

ejpcuse said:

Hope to see ya there

haha..congrats corrupt..looks like the temple really helped ;)

Corrupt200 said:

Congrats, see you soon! :)

Corrupt200 said:

CONGRATS!!! :clap:

Congrats Corrupt! Enjoy this week, because next week you'll hit the ground running! ;)

Just wanted to let everyone on the waitlist know that I gave up a seat today...hopefully that helps you all out...GOOD LUCK :)

ejpcuse said:

DrMikeyLu said:
haha..congrats corrupt..looks like the temple really helped ;)

I can always count on that elephant-headed one.

JEZZELIN,

I tried to send you a PM...empty some messages so mine can get through :)

drcmhdo said:
JEZZELIN,

I tried to send you a PM...empty some messages so mine can get through :)

Woops, I did. Thanks!

2 days to go... :( I am still not understanding the process of how they are taking people off the list. Having talked to people who got off the list it seems like there is no pattern...

If I get a call today, I will go InSaNe! Please God, help me out! :love:

I just got another call from Elaine! She said to call her as soon as possible... it's urgent. Unfortunately she is not at her desk... guess I will try back later. Hope this is good news... they are really stringing me along here. :D

ejpcuse said:
I just got another call from Elaine! She said to call her as soon as possible... it's urgent. Unfortunately she is not at her desk... guess I will try back later. Hope this is good news... they are really stringing me along here. :D

I am predicting you are.... IN! :D

:clap: Yay! :clap:

Congrats ejpcuse! :thumbup: :) :thumbup:

ejpcuse said:

Yes that urgent phone call means you are in! Congrats!

DnB607 said:
Yes that urgent phone call means you are in! Congrats!

You guys were right... I'm in :)

I got in as LDP, I originally signed up for PBL but they couldn't offer me a spot in that pathway. Does anyone know about how easy it is to switch once you get there and how long until you are able to switch? Thanks for you help....

Good luck to anyone still waiting (Jezz... I'm hoping for you)

ejpcuse,

I'm pretty sure that you are stuck with LDP. Keep your ear to the ground during the first week in case a PBL'er drops out, but don't get your hopes up. The one thing about LECOM that you should be aware of is that flexibility is not one of their strong suits. However, you are in! congrats!

Jezz,

I've got my fingers crossed for you! Good luck!

ejpcuse said:
You guys were right... I'm in :)

I got in as LDP, I originally signed up for PBL but they couldn't offer me a spot in that pathway. Does anyone know about how easy it is to switch once you get there and how long until you are able to switch? Thanks for you help....

Good luck to anyone still waiting (Jezz... I'm hoping for you)

Congrats. I actually thought you were gonna get in b4 me, but it loks like i beat ya to it. Can't wait to meet you.

Thanks everyone! And also to everyone over the past almost 10 months that has let me vent about this school. It has really meant so much to me and been a blessing to be able to come on here and get so much advice and support. :oops:

I am still hoping for even these last few hours but I am going to begin to finish up my prep to get ready for Ross! Leaving in a few weeks with my mom so she can help settle me in on the Rock! :love: She's the best!

At least I still get to become a doctor...

:thumbup: :D :thumbup:

I really do love ya'll, thanks for everything!

Jezzielin said:
Thanks everyone! And also to everyone over the past almost 10 months that has let me vent about this school. It has really meant so much to me and been a blessing to be able to come on here and get so much advice and support. :oops:

I am still hoping for even these last few hours but I am going to begin to finish up my prep to get ready for Ross! Leaving in a few weeks with my mom so she can help settle me in on the Rock! :love: She's the best!

Hey, you should still keep in touch, even if you don't come here. we can always help out with medical misconceptions (except when in comes to OMM)

Good luck to you, and you have my AIM.

Corrupt200 said:
Congrats. I actually thought you were gonna get in b4 me, but it loks like i beat ya to it. Can't wait to meet you.

hey Corrupt! I'll see you there, where are you staying?... I'll be in the Days Inn for about a week. When are you getting there? I'm leaving in a few hours... long drive for me.

Jezzielin said:

I am gonna assume, I won't meet you here. Good luck with Ross.

Good luck with Ross. It's a good school. I have a friend from undergrad that's down there right now. He's a MSII. You're down there for less than 2 years then you'll be back in the States. Island living is not exciting but neither is Erie. I, like you, can not wait for the two years to be over with and get the heck out of this place. It's actually okay right now but being this far north isn't something I prefer.
Jezzielin said: