WVSOM unfair to Muslims??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, and I've also heard of times in our history when questioning innocent people was a way for government to flex their muscles and be a big-shot. If you want to get all philosophical about it, there's your analogy.

I maintain that this is an Internet message board where a group of people have decided to comment on a media article by judging -- and in some cases, attacking -- a woman we know nothing about. Someone is claiming to be the woman in question and has come out to defend herself. If questioning her in a way that makes her the target of even more criticism is your way of bettering society, then I guess that speaks to your motives, but it doesn't sit well with me.

My philosophy has always been to question what doesn't seem right in a tactful and considerate way, keeping in mind that just because it doesn't add up in my mind doesn't mean that others are being devious or conniving. I also subscribe to the notion of not piling on, not ganging up on someone or kicking them when they're down just because it's the cool thing to do, of understanding that the person you're speaking to is a human being and if she is who she says she is (and you have no way of knowing that she isn't), the things you say about her have the potential to do damage and no amount of grandstanding is justification for that.

My point is, your comments, in my opinion, have done much more harm than good, regardless of who the poster is.

But I guess we disagree.

Absolutely great example. However, you need to look at it from a historical perspective. Was it right at the time for the government to do that? No. However, we now use that experience as hindsight to prevent instances like that from happening again. I say "prevent" because it is impossible to think or to expect any society to be perfect.

I will again agree that this thread was created to discuss this situation, but I ask where these attacks are coming from? If you think about it, I can pull up a couple of quotes from people that agree that post was absolutely pathetic. In fact, I'll do it for you.

Looks like we have a celebrity in our midst. But look out for the next virgin post from ItsAllTheirFault54.

So please, good friend, send your slanderous words and attacks their way. Just because I'm being more vocal does not absolve them from their thoughts. And nobody here is attacking her. We are simply posting our thoughts on the situation. There is no "ganging up." It just so happens that everyone agrees. You even say:

My philosophy has always been to question what doesn't seem right in a tactful and considerate way, keeping in mind that just because it doesn't add up in my mind doesn't mean that others are being devious or conniving.

Obviously what the majority of the people here express adds up to us being rude, but that does not necessarily mean we're being devious or conniving. She absolutely is a human being. And so is anyone who ever committed a crime. In my opinion, and in the opinion of others in this thread, she failed, was dismissed, and now is making an excuse. It's just an agreement. Nobody is kicking her when she is down. And, if our theories are correct, then I think she deserves it. Making a lawsuit and attempting to degrade the morality of an institution simply because you could not pass is wrong. However, as I've been saying, I would love to hear more solid information, especially that which does not come from biased newspapers. I guess we all forget that part.
 
ext, your comment about LECOM-Bradenton is rather snyde, don't you think? Have you heard of LECOM before? If you haven't heard of their sister campus, well then that's enough. LECOM-B just graduated their first medical class this past June. Congrats to them. I'm sure they could care less about your awarness of the campus.


Now I understand. Small place inflated ego

Actually, sir, you're quite wrong. I'd take the time to summarize this for you, but it seems that neglecting your patients is your duty today. It's a light read, far easier than any of your textbooks. Enjoy!

http://www.lecom.edu/pros_about.php

EDIT: On the right you should click on "The History of the Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine." That would help you out!
 
If you think about it, I can pull up a couple of quotes from people that agree that post was absolutely pathetic. In fact, I'll do it for you.

So please, good friend, send your slanderous words and attacks their way. Just because I'm being more vocal does not absolve them from their thoughts. And nobody here is attacking her. We are simply posting our thoughts on the situation. There is no "ganging up." It just so happens that everyone agrees.

Yes, please don't absolve me. I'd like for it to remain an unadulterated fact that I believe the convenient influx of newbies posting about "the other side of this story" is complete garbage.

But Lumas, you're fueling the fire on which you stand by going back and forth with the other posters. I don't blame you--just stating a fact.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, please don't absolve me. I'd like for it to remain an unadulterated fact that I believe the convenient influx of newbies posting about "the other side of this story" is complete garbage.

But Lumas, you're fueling the fire on which you stand by going back and forth with the other posters. I don't blame you--just stating a fact.


I understand, ChocolateBear. I am not flustered at all. Thank you for the support 😀
 
This is official ranking of Medical schools by National institute of Health. Find your prestigous school


masthead_medschools.jpg
dotted_gray_740.jpg
Rank


Institution

City
State
Awards
Amount​

1JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBALTIMOREMARYLAND978$449,354,324 2UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA924$399,272,439 3UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN FRANCISCO SCHOOL OF MEDICINESAN FRANCISCOCALIFORNIA869$398,155,640 4WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINESAINT LOUISMISSOURI800$377,648,058 5DUKE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEDURHAMNORTH CAROLINA684$349,876,348 6UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON SCHOOL OF MEDICINESEATTLEWASHINGTON682$308,792,765 7DAVID GEFFEN SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AT UCLALOS ANGELESCALIFORNIA688$303,795,874 8YALE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINENEW HAVENCONNECTICUT749$298,311,773 9UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINEPITTSBURGHPENNSYLVANIA734$287,527,728 10UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN MEDICAL SCHOOLANN ARBORMICHIGAN666$265,022,135 11STANFORD UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINESTANFORDCALIFORNIA627$264,441,696 12CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINECLEVELANDOHIO620$260,455,403 13BAYLOR COLLEGE OF MEDICINEHOUSTONTEXAS585$256,809,346 14COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS & SURGEONSNew YorkNEW YORK560$248,098,281 15VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINENASHVILLETENNESSEE586$244,158,993 16UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO SCHOOL OF MEDICINELA JOLLACALIFORNIA486$238,030,687 17UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA SCHOOL OF MEDICINECHAPEL HILLNORTH CAROLINA527$217,440,740 18UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBIRMINGHAMALABAMA421$191,223,520 19EMORY UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEATLANTAGEORGIA491$190,304,608 20MOUNT SINAI SCHOOL OF MEDICINENEW YORKNEW YORK400$174,415,661 21UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTERDALLASTEXAS423$170,541,372 22UNIV OF COLORADO HEALTH SCIENCE CTR SCHOOL OF MEDICINEAURORACOLORADO424$170,318,266 23UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO PRITZKER SCHOOL OF MEDICINECHICAGOILLINOIS394$169,624,348 24OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEPORTLANDOREGON479$168,587,647 25UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBALTIMOREMARYLAND359$164,423,717 26HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOLBOSTONMASSACHUSETTS348$161,653,797 27ALBERT EINSTEIN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE YESHIVA UNIVERSITYNEW YORKNEW YORK341$156,297,727 28UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN MEDICAL SCHOOLMADISONWISCONSIN351$144,151,685 29UNIVERSITY OF ROCHESTER SCHOOL MEDICINE & DENTISTRYROCHESTERNEW YORK362$143,259,738 30UNIVERSITY OF IOWA COLLEGE OF MEDICINEIOWA CITYIOWA339$137,095,286 31UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA MINNEAPOLIS MEDICAL SCHOOLMINNEAPOLISMINNESOTA375$136,212,708 32KECK SCHOOL OF MEDICINE OF USCLOS ANGELESCALIFORNIA201$136,199,087 33UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA SCHOOL OF MEDICINECHARLOTTESVILLVIRGINIA360$133,656,153 34NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL SCHOOLCHICAGOILLINOIS338$123,778,270 35WAKE FOREST UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEWINSTON-SALEMNORTH CAROLINA261$122,685,142 36NEW YORK UNIVERSITY SCH OF MEDICINENEW YORKNEW YORK298$120,008,937 37WEILL MEDICAL COLLEGE OF CORNELL UNIVERSITYNEW YORKNEW YORK284$117,292,473 38UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS MEDICINE MEDICAL SCHOOL AT GALVESTONGALVESTONTEXAS247$114,609,698 39UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOLWORCESTERMASSACHUSETTS309$108,930,474 40BOSTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBOSTONMASSACHUSETTS241$102,807,185 41INDIANA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEINDIANAPOLISINDIANA275$100,291,845 42UNIVERSITY OF CINCINNATI COLLEGE OF MEDICINECINCINNATIOHIO240$98,938,144 43UNIVERSITY OF UTAH COLLEGE OF MEDICINESALT LAKE CITYUTAH236$87,061,612 44UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA DAVIS COLLEGE OF MEDICINEDAVISCALIFORNIA242$86,886,128 45OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINECOLUMBUSOHIO231$86,223,839 46MEDICAL COLLEGE OF WISCONSINMILWAUKEEWISCONSIN205$84,030,609 47UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF MEDICINECORAL GABLESFLORIDA218$83,738,765 48UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS COLLEGE OF MEDICINECHICAGOILLINOIS247$82,434,047 49UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE COLLEGE OF MEDICINEIRVINECALIFORNIA203$82,075,427 50UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COLLEGE OF MEDICINEGAINESVILLEFLORIDA225$81,787,097 51DARTMOUTH MEDICAL SCHOOLHANOVERNEW HAMPSHIRE183$80,365,441 52MED UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA COLLEGE OF MEDICINECHARLESTONSOUTH CAROLINA242$80,252,378 53UNIV OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CTR SAN ANTONIO MED SCHOOLSAN ANTONIOTEXAS209$74,757,066 54JEFFERSON MEDICAL COLLEGE OF THOMAS JEFFERSON UNIVERSITYPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA202$71,475,488 55UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA COLLEGE OF MEDICINETUCSONARIZONA158$68,666,035 56WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEDETROITMICHIGAN184$63,023,710 57UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY COLLEGE OF MEDICINELEXINGTONKENTUCKY182$62,796,801 58VIRGINIA COMMONWEALTH UNIV MEDICAL COLLEGE OF VIRGINIARICHMONDVIRGINIA185$62,707,781 59TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINENEW ORLEANSLOUISIANA85$59,128,228 60GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEWASHINGTONDIST OF COL182$58,907,122 61UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT COLLEGE OF MEDICINEBURLINGTONVERMONT150$58,479,980 62UNIV OF TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CTR HOUSTON MEDICAL SCHOOLHOUSTONTEXAS145$56,699,760 63UNIV OF CONNECTICUT HEALTH CENTER SCHOOL OF MEDICINEFARMINGTONCONNECTICUT168$56,366,387 64NEW YORK MEDICAL COLLEGENEWARKNEW JERSEY104$55,911,247 65SUNY STONY BROOK HEALTH SCIENCE CTR SCHOOL OF MEDICINESTONY BROOKNEW YORK164$54,595,286 66UNIV OF MED & DENT OF N J/ R W JOHNSON MEDICAL SCHOOLPISCATAWAYNEW JERSEY154$54,475,050 67UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO SCHOOL OF MEDICINEALBUQUERQUENEW MEXICO100$53,726,807 68UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE COLLEGE OF MEDICINEMEMPHISTENNESSEE133$49,883,701 69UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS FOR MEDICAL SCIENCESLITTLE ROCKARKANSAS115$49,199,042 70PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINEHERSHEYPENNSYLVANIA135$47,270,909 71BROWN UNIVERSITY MEDICAL SCHOOLPROVIDENCERHODE ISLAND131$45,777,830 72TUFTS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBOSTONMASSACHUSETTS147$44,925,806 73UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE SCHOOL OF MEDICINELOUISVILLEKENTUCKY138$44,594,805 74UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA COLLEGE OF MEDICINETAMPAFLORIDA53$40,566,549 75LOUISIANA STATE UNIV HEALTH SCIENCE CTR NEW ORLEANSNEW ORLEANSLOUISIANA95$39,030,054 76UNIVERSITY OF OKLAHOMA COLLEGE OF MEDICINEOKLAHOMA CITYOKLAHOMA81$36,472,342 77MEDICAL COLLEGE OF GEORGIA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEAUGUSTAGEORGIA112$34,916,505 78RUSH MEDICAL COLLEGECHICAGOILLINOIS56$34,595,208 79UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA COLLEGE OF MEDICINEOMAHANEBRASKA91$34,352,951 80ST LOUIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINESAINT LOUISMISSOURI82$33,995,130 81UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS SCHOOL OF MEDICINEKANSAS CITYKANSAS85$33,411,839 82MEHARRY MEDICAL COLLEGE SCHOOL OF MEDICINENASHVILLETENNESSEE34$30,332,145 83MOREHOUSE COLLEGE SCHOOL OF MEDICINEATLANTAGEORGIA38$27,000,979 84SUNY BUFFALO SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBUFFALONEW YORK89$26,716,279 85TEMPLE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA77$25,640,224 86UNIVERSITY OF PUERTO RICO SCHOOL OF MEDICINESAN JUANPUERTO RICO19$24,314,528 87DREXEL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINEPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA69$23,127,814 88NEW YORK UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEVALHALLANEW YORK54$22,621,817 89LOYOLA UNIVERSITY CHICAGO STRITCH SCHOOL OF MEDICINEMAYWOODILLINOIS76$21,632,861 90SUNY HEALTH SCIENCES CTR BROOKLYN COLLEGE OF MEDICINEBROOKLYNNEW YORK40$21,045,766 91UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII JOHN A BURNS SCHOOL OF MEDICINEHONOLULUHAWAII35$20,010,436 92CHARLES R. DREW UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE & SCIENCELOS ANGELESCALIFORNIA24$19,783,371 93TEXAS A & M UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINECOLLEGE STATIOTEXAS64$18,943,756 94UPSTATE MEDICAL UNIV COLLEGE OF MEDICINESYRACUSENEW YORK63$18,213,522 95HOWARD UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINEWASHINGTONDIST OF COL34$17,812,517 96MEDICAL COLLEGE OF OHIO AT TOLEDOTOLEDOOHIO42$15,956,877 97GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEWASHINGTONDIST OF COL44$15,715,685 98UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI SCHOOL OF MEDICINEJACKSONMISSISSIPPI36$14,674,999 99UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI COLUMBIA SCHOOL OF MEDICINECOLUMBIAMISSOURI43$14,314,883 100LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINELOMA LINDACALIFORNIA27$14,019,443 101UNIVERSITY OF NEVADA SCHOOL OF MEDICINERENONEVADA32$13,749,001 102LOUISIANA STATE UNIV HEALTH SCIENCE CTR SHREVEPORTSHREVEPORTLOUISIANA44$13,663,668 103WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEMORGANTOWNWEST VIRGINIA45$13,654,914 104MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF HUMAN MEDICINEEAST LANSINGMICHIGAN39$13,240,480 105UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEVERMILLIONSOUTH DAKOTA16$12,348,071 106ALBANY MEDICAL COLLEGE OF UNION UNIVERSITYALBANYNEW YORK42$12,143,996 107UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH ALABAMA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEMOBILEALABAMA32$11,104,657 108WRIGHT STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEDAYTONOHIO27$10,981,252 109UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MEDICINEGRAND FORKSNORTH DAKOTA16$8,486,042 110ROSALIND FRANKLIN UNIVERSITY CHICAGO SCHOOL OF MEDICINENORTH CHICAGOILLINOIS31$7,126,433 111SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINESPRINGFIELDILLINOIS26$6,587,217 112UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH CAROLINA SCHOOL OF MEDICINECOLUMBIASOUTH CAROLINA23$6,153,194 113MARSHALL UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEHUNTINGTONWEST VIRGINIA3$5,648,668 114PONCE SCHOOL OF MEDICINEPONCEPUERTO RICO10$5,296,788 115EASTERN VIRGINIA MEDICAL SCHOOLNORFOLKVIRGINIA20$5,004,473 116CREIGHTON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEOMAHANEBRASKA19$4,923,914 117TEXAS TECH UNIV HEALTH SCIENCES CTR SCHOOL OF MEDICINELUBBOCKTEXAS18$4,436,287 118UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI KANSAS CITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEKANSAS CITYMISSOURI16$3,933,675 119CENTRAL UNIVERSITY OF THE CARIBE SCHOOL OF MEDICINEBAYAMONPUERTO RICO4$3,370,840 120EAST CAROLINA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEGREENVILLENORTH CAROLINA15$3,274,572 121EAST TENNESSEE ST UNIVERSITY QUILLEN MEDICAL COLLEGEJOHNSON CITYTENNESSEE14$3,122,629 122NORTHEASTERN OHIO UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINEROOTSTOWNOHIO12$3,002,068 123MERCER UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINEMACONGEORGIA7$1,575,936
dotted_gray_740.jpg


transparent_gif.gif
 
This is official ranking of Medical schools by National institute of Health. Find your prestigous school

Well, my idiotic and asinine friend, should you look at the VERY bottom of you webpage you would see that you clicked "medical schools," which, in all your infinite wisdom about medicine and through your daily hardships as a physician, you seem to have forgotten usually constitutes Allopathic programs. It was even more glaringly obvious when, right next to the "Medical School" link you see "Osteopathic Schools" as an option. What makes me fall in stitches is the fact that after you click on that link you are brought to a page of only 12 schools when there are, in fact, 25 with 3 branches. Unfortunately for you, you must've forgotten that.

Now, if you'd like to comment that my particular school isn't on the top 12, well that's a whole different story. I still, though, and wondering what credentials you have to judge me, but I guess saying you're an "MD" is enough.

You bore me.
 
What is Osteopath A chiropractic with prescription previlages only in USA not even in CANADA OR UK
 
What is Osteopath A chiropractic with prescription previlages only in USA not even in CANADA OR UK

Yea, so I think you're done here, but it was nice talking with you. Good luck with your practice and thank you for coming onto these boards.
 
So this is list of Osteopathic Schools where is your school or sister school


masthead_osteoschools.jpg
dotted_gray_740.jpg
Rank


Institution

City
State
Awards
Amount​

1UNIV OF MEDICINE & DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEYNEWARKNEW JERSEY 9$3,253,9062MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITYEAST LANSING MICHIGAN11$3,049,9473UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTERFORT WORTH TEXAS10$2,679,2184MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITYDOWNERS GROVE ILLINOIS7$1,434,5455PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA4$705,6756A.T. STILL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESKIRKSVILLEMISSOURI3$601,9007OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY CENTER OF HEALTH SCIENCES TULSAOKLAHOMA2$384,7018NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OLD WESTBURY NEW YORK 1$307,1479OHIO UNIVERSITYATHENSOHIO2$208,31010UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLANDBIDDEFORDMAINE1$197,08611WESTERN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESPOMONACALIFORNIA1$70,40612KANSAS CITY UNIV OF MEDICINE/BIOSCIENCESKANSAS CITY MISSOURI0$59,405
dotted_gray_740.jpg


transparent_gif.gif
 
So this is list of Osteopathic Schools where is your school or sister school

I have already addressed this. Good day and have fun.

Now, if you'd like to comment that my particular school isn't on the top 12, well that's a whole different story. I still, though, and wondering what credentials you have to judge me, but I guess saying you're an "MD" is enough.
You bore me
 
Yea, so I think you're done here, but it was nice talking with you. Good luck with your practice and thank you for coming onto these boards.


Ground realities are very difficult to digest my friend. You can be Bill Gates on a blog but not in real life
 
I have already addressed this. Good day and have fun.


In the United Kingdom, courses in Osteopathy have recently become integrated into the university system. Instead of receiving a Diploma in Osteopathy (D.O.), with or without a Diploma in Naturopathy (N.D.), graduates now become Bachelors of Osteopathy or Bachelors of Osteopathic Medicine, or Bachelors of Science in either Osteopathy or Osteopathic Medicine, according to the institution attended:[2] but these degrees do not lead to prescribing rights and in this case Osteopathy and Osteopathic Medicine are synonymous. There is one "cross-over" institution, the London College of Osteopathic Medicine[3], which teaches osteopathy only to those already qualified in medicine. Before using the title of "osteopath," graduates have to register with the UK regulatory body by statute; the General Osteopathic Council.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally Posted by BCLumas
You bore me

Maybe bore a hole in your heart to deflate your inflated ego.
 
What is Osteopath A chiropractic with prescription previlages only in USA not even in CANADA OR UK

That would be false. But if it were true, who cares 99.9 will practice in the US. Also, If you are a doc why are you on the pre-med boards arguing a point off topic? Shouldnt you be managing a practice?:eyebrow:



:troll:
 
Yes, please don't absolve me.

Don't worry, I haven't 🙂

The only reason I addressed BCLumas was because he was the one who went to the trouble of outlining a litany of reasons the poster wasn't who she claimed and called for her to be banned and labeled a troll. I thought it was unfair and a bit over the top.
 
So this is list of Osteopathic Schools where is your school or sister school


masthead_osteoschools.jpg
dotted_gray_740.jpg
Rank


Institution

City
State
Awards
Amount​

1UNIV OF MEDICINE & DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEYNEWARKNEW JERSEY 9$3,253,9062MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITYEAST LANSING MICHIGAN11$3,049,9473UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTERFORT WORTH TEXAS10$2,679,2184MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITYDOWNERS GROVE ILLINOIS7$1,434,5455PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA4$705,6756A.T. STILL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESKIRKSVILLEMISSOURI3$601,9007OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY CENTER OF HEALTH SCIENCES TULSAOKLAHOMA2$384,7018NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OLD WESTBURY NEW YORK 1$307,1479OHIO UNIVERSITYATHENSOHIO2$208,31010UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLANDBIDDEFORDMAINE1$197,08611WESTERN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESPOMONACALIFORNIA1$70,40612KANSAS CITY UNIV OF MEDICINE/BIOSCIENCESKANSAS CITY MISSOURI0$59,405
dotted_gray_740.jpg


transparent_gif.gif

BCLumas, I personally salute you for your resilience and perseverance as you talk with this overly fake "MD".

I hate to just jump into this, but I'm not going to sit back and watch someone talk negatively in an anonymous public forum about osteopathic medicine. bnzf, for your own sake, the debate over the quality of care / prestige of DO versus MD will get you nowhere but completely shut down and *hopefully* emotionally ripped apart on these threads. I HIGHLY suggest you don't go there. You have obviously demonstrated a severe lack of knowledge about the medical profession, and selecting text + copy + paste does not count as knowledge.

Anyway, carry on. 😀
 
So this is list of Osteopathic Schools where is your school or sister school


masthead_osteoschools.jpg
dotted_gray_740.jpg
Rank


Institution

City
State
Awards
Amount​

1UNIV OF MEDICINE & DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEYNEWARKNEW JERSEY 9$3,253,9062MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITYEAST LANSING MICHIGAN11$3,049,9473UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS HEALTH SCIENCE CENTERFORT WORTH TEXAS10$2,679,2184MIDWESTERN UNIVERSITYDOWNERS GROVE ILLINOIS7$1,434,5455PHILADELPHIA COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDPHILADELPHIAPENNSYLVANIA4$705,6756A.T. STILL UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESKIRKSVILLEMISSOURI3$601,9007OKLAHOMA STATE UNIVERSITY CENTER OF HEALTH SCIENCES TULSAOKLAHOMA2$384,7018NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY OLD WESTBURY NEW YORK 1$307,1479OHIO UNIVERSITYATHENSOHIO2$208,31010UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLANDBIDDEFORDMAINE1$197,08611WESTERN UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCESPOMONACALIFORNIA1$70,40612KANSAS CITY UNIV OF MEDICINE/BIOSCIENCESKANSAS CITY MISSOURI0$59,405
dotted_gray_740.jpg


transparent_gif.gif


LOL.....What an inane clown this guy is. If he is who he claims you can bet the docs who have the misfortune to work with him would cringe if they could read his posts here. I just don't get the feel he is a doc though. I am not sure why.
 
BCLumas, I personally salute you for your resilience and perseverance as you talk with this overly fake "MD".

I hate to just jump into this, but I'm not going to sit back and watch someone talk negatively in an anonymous public forum about osteopathic medicine. bnzf, for your own sake, the debate over the quality of care / prestige of DO versus MD will get you nowhere but completely shut down and *hopefully* emotionally ripped apart on these threads. I HIGHLY suggest you don't go there. You have obviously demonstrated a severe lack of knowledge about the medical profession, and selecting text + copy + paste does not count as knowledge.

Anyway, carry on. 😀

😀 It was funny to read. I actually laughed out loud on a few occasions. It seems the slander has died down (for now). Let's conjure some more conjectures.
 
Man, if I was this guys chiropractor and I had just read his posts, I'd stick a tree through C4!
 
Instead of locking threads when they become overwhelmingly stupid, as this one has done, I think we should have another board on this site called "The Short Bus" where these threads can be moved, and continue to thrive.
 
Don't worry, I haven't 🙂

The only reason I addressed BCLumas was because he was the one who went to the trouble of outlining a litany of reasons the poster wasn't who she claimed and called for her to be banned and labeled a troll. I thought it was unfair and a bit over the top.

I'll give you that it might have been slightly over the top to ask for a ban, but looking at the crowd of birthday posters we have here today, I don't think might ideas are out of the realm of possibility. Not anywhere close to it, in fact.
 
Instead of locking threads when they become overwhelmingly stupid, as this one has done, I think we should have another board on this site called "The Short Bus" where these threads can be moved, and continue to thrive.

Ahahahahahaahahahaha!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting...
The ad at the top of the page right now is for a Muslim dating service.🙄
 
Were this case truly about intolerance I dont think there would be a single person on SDN not on this girl's side. However, it seems from what we know about the case, she has failed at least 3 courses (probably 4 since she had to repeat 1st year) and was dismissed for academic reasons. Her dismissal has little to do with her race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

I dont know what I would do if I were in her position but I would hope I would have the class not make it a race or religion issue when it clearly isnt.

This is the best post in this entire thread. Sums the situation up perfectly.



also ...

doesn't matter, I am a physician and you are not. All other things are BS

No you aren't. Physicians don't start frivolous battles with people half their age in pre-medical internet forums, nor do they have the grammar/typing skills of a drunken chimp.
 
What is Osteopath A chiropractic with prescription previlages only in USA not even in CANADA OR UK


What is person incapable of write correct sentence, while making claim of medical doctor? An impostor, an illiterate clown? Or both? What chance of graduate physician using word "previlages".

Sorry, what I meant was, what are the chances of a highly educated physician from the U.K. writing in a primitive syntax that reminds one of the "Me Tarzan....You Jane" dialogue in the Johnnry Weismuller movies of the 1940s. Not to mention an experienced physician, who would have used and read the word "privileges" innumerable times in a medical career, using the spelling "previlages".
 
I am proud to have started the "I'm an MD and you are jack" argument. It is almost up there with the "Don't make me get my big brother on you!"

I think for now on, I'm just going to bust chops and prod trolls.


On the short bus topic. I was on a short bus. Our swim team didn't have enough people for a full bus, so they gave us the van/bus hybrid thing. It was pretty awesome.
 
I am proud to have started the "I'm an MD and you are jack" argument. It is almost up there with the "Don't make me get my big brother on you!"

I think for now on, I'm just going to bust chops and prod trolls.


On the short bus topic. I was on a short bus. Our swim team didn't have enough people for a full bus, so they gave us the van/bus hybrid thing. It was pretty awesome.

Ironically, I was on a short bus when I was in the GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) program in elementary school.
 
When you get your acceptance letter from PCOM you are required to sign a technical standards form. So basically, your admission is conditional on you agreeing to all the terms.

I can't find the form, I feel like it used to be on the aacom website and explained "Technical Standards" that you must agree to prior to matriculation. Basically some of the points are saying you don't have a disability that preclude you from doing manipulation as that is a key part of being an osteopathic medical student/physician, agree to participate in manipulation as well as have others on you to facilitate learning, etc.....

We had a similar thing happen at PCOM when a student refused to wear the appropriate attire in OMM lab and all they had to do was pull out this form that she signed and that was the end of that arguement.
 
So Tex....are you going to live up to your claim? Things did go her way (in a manner of speaking) it seems.
 
I kind of got the same impression: that she was pulling the "religious discrimination card" in an effort to salvage her dying medical education. I also agree with the above poster in that, while it is a bit ridiculous for the professor to not allow her to switch, you have to do what is necessary to get through. Is she going to choose not to do abdominal exams on male patients during her IM clerkship? Would she not participate in open heart surgery on a male patient? And what about rectal exams? The patient has to come first.

While some things may be "uncomfortable," its what you have to do to get through medical school. I don't particularly like the idea of working 80 hours a week for three years, but I'll do it because it will allow me to get where I want to be.
 
Well since I have become the ever popular focus of a few individuals in this thread I will be brief as to answer all of my messages. First of all, I didn't care about your PM request because, as I said:



I have no problem with being wrong or incorrect, I'd just like some more proof than a simple quirk about her. If the chance that people correlate this information is "infinitesimally small," then how in the world were you able to come across it? It must've been equally as hard to locate as it was to connect to her.

Continuing, I am open to hearing more that would conclude that this person is, in fact, who they say they are, but one tiny fact about a person does not give them a direct correlation to their identity. If you want to look at your one fact, and I don't care if her SDN alias is the same as her AIM screen name or hotmail account, and make it the end-all argument, then do so. However, if you were able to find whatever it was on the internet with your limited proficiencies, then I am sure there are other people equally, if not more capable, as you.

Next, your comment about LECOM-Bradenton is rather snyde, don't you think? Have you heard of LECOM before? If you haven't heard of their sister campus, well then that's enough. LECOM-B just graduated their first medical class this past June. Congrats to them. I'm sure they could care less about your awarness of the campus.

Lastly, I don't see how this correlates to paranoia. Questioning the world and being paranoid are two different ways of perceiving the way things are. If you think about it, your medical analogy is exactly what I am doing, but I am just using as many facts as I can, and you're still lingering on one miniscule fact that happened to find on the internet.

Maybe, after this is all said and done, I'll create an alternate alias and pretend to be Dustin Hoffman. I'm sure there's plenty of information about him on the internet that can give some insight as to how he would act online.

Dude, how likely is it that someone totally random would create an identity to defend the person in the lawsuit?!?! It's overwhelmingly the unpopular position. Almost everything that has been said about this case has been *against* the plaintiff, and the only person who would in their right mind claim to BE that person is she herself. Plain common sense suggests this. Motive -- and gain (primary, secondary, tertiary -- which you'll learn about in psychiatry) -- is very much an important factor in this situation. Actually, all of this is moot, because I just received a PM from that person giving me definitive proof of identity.

Also, you called someone "idiotic and asinine", and even though that person was a clear troll, that was beyond the boundaries of professional decorum and arguably violated the rules of SDN on personal attacks. I would suggest that the way you've unfolded your statements borders on "idiotic and asinine".

Re: my "awareness" of LECOM-Bradenton, sadly I have not heard of any sister campus either. I'm sure it's a fine school.


edit: oh wait, I remember reading that it was the school made infamous for gaudy statues of its founders and not paying its preceptors. Immaterial to this situation though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow. people need to calm down, its only the internet. 😉

i do not believe that a doctor from new york would write way as wayyyyyy, sounds a bit to childish for me.

the redrose screenname can be plausible, esp. since the last two numbers end in 83, which could be 1983.

its easier to do an ip search of the area the ip address is registered and see if it is in west virginia, or wherever she is doing her clinicals. How is she doing clinicals if she failed a year and two systems? Wouldn't they have dismissed her way before allowing to retake the last two systems? I thought you could only do clinicals after finishing first two years successfuly.

you guys should be relaxing then getting all stressed up on a forum. school starts in a month or so... RELAX.

refrain from using '******ed', that used to be a common word in my vocab maybe till freshman year when i met some people that made me regret ever using that word.
 
refrain from using '******ed', that used to be a common word in my vocab maybe till freshman year when i met some people that made me regret ever using that word.

Eh. People make words nasty. Its really not a bad word. Just the meaning people put behind it. One of my best friends growing up had down's syndrome, and there is someone in my family, so its not like I'm some callused douche that is insensitive to the issue. I guess I just have the Carlin viewpoint on word usage. We give words the power. The word itself doesn't have any. "******" as a noun is still a word that means a person of subnormal intelligence. The political correctness here and the dubbing the word is negative is the problem. The vast majority of people here wouldn't say anything with malice towards a person that is truly mentally or developmentally handicapped. I had a friend call me a "****" while joking around, and I didn't really care. That meaning significantly changed when someone put a gun to my head and called me a "****". I know it is kind of a moot point, but some reason I get bothered by people perpetuating the horrible word stereotype because a few people get their feelings hurt.
 
Dude, how likely is it that someone totally random would create an identity to defend the person in the lawsuit?!?! It's overwhelmingly the unpopular position. Almost everything that has been said about this case has been *against* the plaintiff, and the only person who would in their right mind claim to BE that person is she herself. Plain common sense suggests this. Motive -- and gain (primary, secondary, tertiary -- which you'll learn about in psychiatry) -- is very much an important factor in this situation. Actually, all of this is moot, because I just received a PM from that person giving me definitive proof of identity.

Also, you called someone "idiotic and asinine", and even though that person was a clear troll, that was beyond the boundaries of professional decorum and arguably violated the rules of SDN on personal attacks. I would suggest that the way you've unfolded your statements borders on "idiotic and asinine".

Re: my "awareness" of LECOM-Bradenton, sadly I have not heard of any sister campus either. I'm sure it's a fine school.


edit: oh wait, I remember reading that it was the school made infamous for gaudy statues of its founders and not paying its preceptors. Immaterial to this situation though.

I spent about 15 minutes typing up a really long response to you, and then I realized something: I don't care. I don't care if that is or is not the student in question. I don't care what you think of the words that I chose (although I've heard far worse slung between two prominent members of the SDN community). I don't care if you've not heard of LECOM-Bradenton, or either of the other two schools I was accepted to.

I gave up on this thread yesterday. I am going to re-give up on it now. If you wish to claim victory, go right ahead. I'm rather done discussing this topic.
 
Is there anything that muslims are ok with? I've come to think of them as an entire religion of bubble-boys.

LINK
 
Status
Not open for further replies.