Official 2008-2009 REJECTION Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
East Tennessee: phospho (OOS; presec)
EVMS: phenol312 (OOS; Presec 3.37/31), DH78 (OOS; PreSec), tourniquet1963 (OOS; PreSec)
IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country ; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec; 3.77/35), pjg (7/23; OOS; presec) runningdoc(7/23; OOS strong ties; Pre-sec), phospho (8/4; OOS; presec) dshnay(8/4; OOS Presec)
Heaven:Iduwanna (OOS) Maxwell Edison (Heathen)
Marshall: Andrew4010 (don't apply if you are OOS/pre-sec)
Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs); Dal2487 (OOS; Pre-LORs); tianac2 (OOS; Pre-LORs); eyang22286 (OOS; Pre-LORs)
Sanity: LET (OOS; post-secondary flooding), Shemarty (OOS; secondary app pileup)
UC Irvine DrJD (IS, presec)
UNM: Utjsm08 (OOS)
UW: Disorder (OOS; Presec)
VCU: rjpark2 (OOS;presec); StarStup (presec, OOS) RafaTech (presec, OOS); dshnay (OOS, Post Sec); DrJD (OOS,presec); sicboy188 (OOS, presec); sunnysnow7 (OOS, presec); why2kliu (OOS, presec)
Wake Forest: tianac2 (presec); DrJD (presec)
WVU: tianac 2 (presec)
Everywhere: MichiganEMTInt
That Girl In The Lab Across The Hall: ColKurtz (pre-fornication)

;_;

Members don't see this ad.

EVMS: phenol312 (OOS; Presec 3.37/31), DH78 (OOS; PreSec), tourniquet1963 (OOS; PreSec)
IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country ; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec), pjg (7/23; OOS; presec) runningdoc(7/23; OOS strong ties; Pre-sec), phospho (8/4; OOS; presec) dshnay(8/4; OOS Presec)
Heaven:Iduwanna (OOS) Maxwell Edison (Heathen)
Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs); Dal2487 (OOS; Pre-LORs); tianac2 (OOS; Pre-LORs); eyang22286 (OOS; Pre-LORs); JDoc13 (OOS; Pre-LORs; 8/5)
Sanity: LET (OOS; post-secondary flooding), Shemarty (OOS; secondary app pileup)
UC Irvine DrJD (IS, presec)
VCU: rjpark2 (OOS;presec); StarStup (presec, OOS) RafaTech (presec, OOS); dshnay (OOS, Post Sec); DrJD (OOS,presec); sicboy188 (OOS, presec); sunnysnow7 (OOS, presec); why2kliu (OOS, presec)

;_;[/QUOTE]

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country ; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec), pjg (7/23; OOS; presec) runningdoc(7/23; OOS strong ties; Pre-sec), phospho (8/4; OOS; presec) dshnay(8/4; OOS Presec)
Heaven: Iduwanna (OOS) Maxwell Edison (Heathen)
Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs); Dal2487 (OOS; Pre-LORs); tianac2 (OOS; Pre-LORs); eyang22286 (OOS; Pre-LORs); JDoc13 (OOS; Pre-LORs; 8/5)
UC Irvine: DrJD (IS, presec)

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) click quote on the most recent rejection list. This ensures you don't accidentally delete somebody!

2) delete the quote messages at the top and the bottom. Make sure you delete both the opening and closing quotes
3) find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
4) add your user name and any other pertinent info.
5) add the school's name to the TITLE of the post. This post is long, we need to know what you edited.
6) click submit

Members don't see this ad :)
Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs); Dal2487 (OOS; Pre-LORs); tianac2 (OOS; Pre-LORs); eyang22286 (OOS; Pre-LORs); JDoc13 (OOS; Pre-LORs; 8/5); LET (OOS; Pre-LORs)
Sanity: Shemarty (OOS; secondary app pileup)

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) click quote on the most recent rejection list. This ensures you don't accidentally delete somebody!

2) delete the quote messages at the top and the bottom. Make sure you delete both the opening and closing quotes
3) find the school of interest on the list. If it is missing, add it in alphabetical order.
4) add your user name and any other pertinent info.
5) add the school's name to the TITLE of the post. This post is long, we need to know what you edited.
6) click submit

Of course, I never wanted to go there in the first place. Duh.

OH NO! :( I'm sorry LET! I am sure you will have plenty of other acceptances to choose from, though. :thumbup: :luck:

Aw, thanks! It's ok, there are definitely some schools for which I'll have to turn off the lights and draw the shades and mourn for a few days, but luckily Mayo isn't one of them, so besides now having 26 chances of going to med school instead of 27, it's alright :)

Besides, now we're Mayo rejection buddies!

I'm bummed Mayo dissed some of my fave peeps. I was looking forward to rocking Rochester like a hurricane w/ y'all. Maybe after I get rejected we can just go anyway and throw the party outside the admissions office.

I'm bummed Mayo dissed some of my fave peeps. I was looking forward to rocking Rochester like a hurricane w/ y'all. Maybe after I get rejected we can just go anyway and throw the party outside the admissions office.

Haha OR we can go to another one of the schools to which we're all applying. Four years in the frozen tundra of Rochester? I think I'm alright without them. Even if I do love that hospital. Maybe residency?
Anyways, I say we throw a party somewhere else.

Haha OR we can go to another one of the schools to which we're all applying. Four years in the frozen tundra of Rochester? I think I'm alright without them. Even if I do love that hospital. Maybe residency?

Count me in! I'm with ya on the tundra thing too...Washington State was bad enough to acclimate to after growing up in SoCal...Where else are you guys applying?

Too bad I'm not applying to UCSD or Miami. :p

Count me in! I'm with ya on the tundra thing too...Washington State was bad enough to acclimate to after growing up in SoCal...Where else are you guys applying?

Well you can take a look at my mdapps, but pretty much all over the place...

And Breeak, there's always time to add an app to UCSD...I AM applying there and I do still want to meet your cats :D

I for one love the snow and cold weather, so I would have been right at home in Rochester. I guess it goes back to my family heritage - my paternal great-grandparents came over from Sweden back in the day. And I was born in Pittsburgh. Me + Frigid Cold & Snow = :hardy:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I actually prefer the cold to hot weather too, I'm more concerned by the tiny frozen town where everyone's a doctor thing. It's a little "The Shining" for me.

I for one love the snow and cold weather, so I would have been right at home in Rochester. I guess it goes back to my family heritage - my paternal great-grandparents came over from Sweden back in the day. And I was born in Pittsburgh. Me + Frigid Cold & Snow = :hardy:

I never have understood that...I mean colder climates tend to have prettier scenery, and Washington State is gorgeous, but the cold and wet still make me cranky...But I suppose that has something to do with me growing up near San Diego...

Hmm I actually prefer the cold to hot weather too, I'm more concerned by the tiny frozen town where everyone's a doctor thing. It's a little "The Shining" for me.

Good point. I do prefer a more urban setting as well. Small town, frigid conditions - Northern Exposure? I loved that show! There were some great characters on there...

Anyway, back on topic...

:laugh::laugh:

Although UCSD sounds tempting, I am already in sticker shock about the apps, especially worrying about the expense for interview travel (although, as I've said before, I realize that might not be an issue :p)

I'm down for Dartmouth. We can have a campfire and smores, get drunk on the king of beers, and burn some effigies. Since they don't interview until Sept we should have some time to collect some candidates for the fire. :hardy:

I never have understood that...I mean colder climates tend to have prettier scenery, and Washington State is gorgeous, but the cold and wet still make me cranky...But I suppose that has something to do with me growing up near San Diego...

I'm fine with cold, but the grey gets on my nerves. If the rockies were on the coast my life would be perfect. Dry, gorgeous, sunny, and a natural playground. I guess parts of CA are verging on that.

Although UCSD sounds tempting, I am already in sticker shock about the apps, especially worrying about the expense for interview travel (although, as I've said before, I realize that might not be an issue :p)

I'm down for Dartmouth. We can have a campfire and smores, get drunk on the king of beers, and burn some effigies. Since they don't interview until Sept we should have some time to collect some candidates for the fire. :hardy:

Sounds like a plan. Someone should bring a guitar, too, and we can just do the whole hippie college student thing. Even if some of us (ahem, breeak and I, ahem) have been out of college for a bit. We can feel young again!

Sounds like a plan. Someone should bring a guitar, too, and we can just do the whole hippie college student thing. Even if some of us (ahem, breeak and I, ahem) have been out of college for a bit. We can feel young again!

The Squirming Coil of sunset
I keep within my reach
Tried yesterday to get away
and hitchhiked to the beach

Too bad I'm not applying to UCSD or Miami. :p

don't say such hurtful things girl, I was hoping to see the lot of SDN people running amok with the interviewees next year ;)

That better be Duff

The Squirming Coil of sunset
I keep within my reach
Tried yesterday to get away
and hitchhiked to the beach

**bongo roll**

Deep man, that's way deep...

That better be Duff

I was going to let people fill that in with their beer of choice. I grew up in Canada, so I associate campfires with Molson and Players, but feel free to bring Miller Highlife, Schlitz (I feel weird even capitalizing that), or Old E. :-D

In other news, the reason I've had so much time for SDN lately is that I'm in a 2 week training class for crap I already know, but am required to take for certification. So, I've been surfing surreptitiously all day every day. 10 minutes ago someone walked around to my computer, and in my haste to switch to a window that doesn't scream "I'm totally not interested in my job!!" I knocked over my water and drew the attention of the whole class. I am such a freak. :oops:

I was going to let people fill that in with their beer of choice. I grew up in Canada, so I associate campfires with Molson and Players, but feel free to bring Miller Highlife, Schlitz (I feel weird even capitalizing that), or Old E. :-D

In other news, the reason I've had so much time for SDN lately is that I'm in a 2 week training class for crap I already know, but am required to take for certification. So, I've been surfing surreptitiously all day every day. 10 minutes ago someone walked around to my computer, and in my haste to switch to a window that doesn't scream "I'm totally not interested in my job!!" I knocked over my water and drew the attention of the whole class. I am such a freak. :oops:

I get caught by my hubby all the time...I run my own business from home and handle a lot of it through my website and email, so I'm on here a lot...

I get caught by my hubby all the time...I run my own business from home and handle a lot of it through my website and email, so I'm on here a lot...

Ugh, I feel your pain. I'm at work right now, and my boss isn't here, meaning I have zero motivation to get anything done. I don't really have much to do on most days anyway but today...I definitely don't. I'm also done with all the secondaries I had pending, so I'm pretty much just left to my own devices (meaning I spend the whole day refreshing status pages = not healthy).

Ugh, I feel your pain. I'm at work right now, and my boss isn't here, meaning I have zero motivation to get anything done. I don't really have much to do on most days anyway but today...I definitely don't. I'm also done with all the secondaries I had pending, so I'm pretty much just left to my own devices (meaning I spend the whole day refreshing status pages = not healthy).

:laugh: I so do that! Ohio State and UWSOM are driving me nuts too! Ohio updates your status page about interviews a couple of days before you get the email, and UWSOM is the only school that hasn't downloaded my letters (despite them being available for 2 weeks now)!

UWSOM is the only school that hasn't downloaded my letters (despite them being available for 2 weeks now)!

At least you're in-state and are in progress! UW is one of my top choices and they are ignoring me. Also, are they really the only ones sitting on your letters? Temple, Yale, and Wake are all sitting on my letters. :mad: Is it really so hard to click whatever button it is that gets them electronically from VE?</whine>

What I really should be spending my time doing this week is writing some sort of application that will go periodically ping the status sites for me automatically, and then ideally send me a text if there is a change. Of course, I wouldn't trust it and would still check it. Hopeless.

wow, I leave my computer for maybe an hour and it looks like 20 ppl got rejections. that kinda scared me...

and I completely agree that sdn is a great way to make useless time at work go faster (3 days of work left and done with my projects...I'll give you a wild guess what I do all day)

At least you're in-state and are in progress! UW is one of my top choices and they are ignoring me. Also, are they really the only ones sitting on your letters? Temple, Yale, and Wake are all sitting on my letters. :mad: Is it really so hard to click whatever button it is that gets them electronically from VE?</whine>

Yep, they're the only ones, although I didn't apply to Temple or Yale, and Wake already rejected me. I'm still waiting on the secondary of OHSU though...

I love UW too...I think that's why I'm so antsy about it!

What I really should be spending my time doing this week is writing some sort of application that will go periodically ping the status sites for me automatically, and then ideally send me a text if there is a change. Of course, I wouldn't trust it and would still check it. Hopeless.

Ooooh, that's a great idea! If you do write one, I want it! (Maybe I'll ask my computer super-literate sister if she can write one...)

wow, I leave my computer for maybe an hour and it looks like 20 ppl got rejections. that kinda scared me...

Yeah :hijacked: Oops. :D

Yep, they're the only ones, although I didn't apply to Temple or Yale, and Wake already rejected me. I'm still waiting on the secondary of OHSU though...

I love UW too...I think that's why I'm so antsy about it!

I'm waiting on OHSU too - that thread is weird, do you understand what the deal is with the deadline? UW is teh awesomeness. I have my fingers crossed for you!! :luck:

Ooooh, that's a great idea! If you do write one, I want it! (Maybe I'll ask my computer super-literate sister if she can write one...)

I'm actually sort of seriously contemplating it now. I might run into some problems with some sites' security models, but some would be more straightforward. All evidence to the contrary, I prefer being productive (at least marginally) to surfing all day. :D

That sounds awesome! I wonder how one would go about doing that... If only someone could point me in the right direction...

JARB

That sounds awesome! I wonder how one would go about doing that... If only someone could point me in the right direction...

JARB

You would do it by parsing the HTTP response from the sites, but of course the security stuff will vary.

Yeah :hijacked: Oops. :D

I'm waiting on OHSU too - that thread is weird, do you understand what the deal is with the deadline? UW is teh awesomeness. I have my fingers crossed for you!! :luck:

It sounds like they're sending secondaries gradually and that you get a little over a month from when they send yours to turn it back in.

I absolutely :love: UW! I did SMDEP there, I know half the admissions and cultural center staff...Ditto on the fingers crossed, hey if I interview first, I'll put in a good word, lol.

On a side note, any way we could get a :fingers crossed: smilie Mods...?

Mayo: chad5871 (OOS; Pre-LORs); Dal2487 (OOS; Pre-LORs); tianac2 (OOS; Pre-LORs); eyang22286 (OOS; Pre-LORs); JDoc13 (OOS; Pre-LORs; 8/5); LET (OOS; Pre-LORs)
Hospitalized (no pun intended) by adcoms: side effect

IU: Maxwell Edison (OOS; Presec), bozz (OOC;out of country ; Presec), chad5871 (OOS; Presec), JDoc13 (7/23; OOS; Presec), pjg (7/23; OOS; presec) runningdoc(7/23; OOS strong ties; Pre-sec), phospho (8/4; OOS; presec) dshnay(8/4; OOS Presec) cubssox2000 (8/5; OOS Presec by snail mail)
Hospitalized (no pun intended) by adcoms: side effect

East Tennessee: phospho (S-, OOS)
EVMS: phenol312 (S-, OOS, 3.37/31), DH78 (S-, OOS), tourniquet1963 (S-, OOS)
IU: Maxwell Edison (S-, OOS), bozz (S-, OOC), chad5871 (S-, OOS), JDoc13 (7/23, S-, OOS), pjg (7/23, S-, OOS) runningdoc(7/23, S-, OOS), phospho (8/4, S-, OOS) dshnay(8/4, S-, OOS) cubssox2000 (8/5, S-, OOS)
Marshall: Andrew4010 (don't apply if you are OOS/S-)
Mayo: chad5871 (L-, OOS), Dal2487 (L-, OOS), tianac2 (L-, OOS), eyang22286 (L-, OOS), JDoc13 (L-, OOS, 8/5), LET (L-, OOS)
UC Irvine: DrJD (S-, IS)
UW: Disorder (S-, OOS)
VCU: rjpark2 (S-, OOS), StarStup (S-, OOS) RafaTech (S-, OOS), dshnay (S+, OOS), DrJD (S-, OOS), sicboy188 (S-, OOS), sunnysnow7 (S-, OOS), why2kliu (S-, OOS)
Wake Forest: tianac2 (S-), DrJD (S-)
WVU: tianac 2 (S-)

|S+/- = Pre/Post-Sec| |L+/- = Pre/Post-LORs| |OOC = Out of Country|

Last edited:
IU: Maxwell Edison (S-, OOS), bozz (S-, OOC), chad5871 (S-, OOS), JDoc13 (7/23, S-, OOS), pjg (7/23, S-, OOS) runningdoc(7/23, S-, OOS), phospho (8/4, S-, OOS) dshnay(8/4, S-, OOS) cubssox2000 (8/5, S-, OOS)
Mayo: chad5871 (L-, OOS), Dal2487 (L-, OOS), tianac2 (L-, OOS), eyang22286 (L-, OOS), JDoc13 (L-, OOS, 8/5), LET (L-, OOS)
VCU: rjpark2 (S-, OOS), StarStup (S-, OOS) RafaTech (S-, OOS), dshnay (S+, OOS), DrJD (S-, OOS), sicboy188 (S-, OOS), sunnysnow7 (S-, OOS), why2kliu (S-, OOS)

|S+/- = Pre/Post-Sec| |L+/- = Pre/Post-LORs| |OOC = Out of Country|

You might want to edit that to make ti clear what's pre and what's post in terms of + v. - (obvious now, but after a couple posts it might not be). The way it's written you'd think S+ is pre-sec.

ahh yes i see what u mean, thanks scarlet

You might want to edit that to make ti clear what's pre and what's post in terms of + v. - (obvious now, but after a couple posts it might not be). The way it's written you'd think S+ is pre-sec.

|S-/+ = Pre/Post-Sec| |L-/+ = Pre/Post-LORs| |OOC = Out of Country|

Status
Not open for further replies.