other book suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
man. maybe you will stop adding more books?? this list already contains 50+ books and for some reason someone added about 20 posts ago books about William Osler and some other serious book about medicine and they're no longer in the list..

it is no more helpful if you discuss the books in this list. because i certainly wont be reading all 50 of them.

Members don't see this ad.

Mr.Tweed said:
Because the pressure of the application process has subsided, I've been doing a lot of casual reading about medicine. I've discovered some very entertaining books, and I'm eager to read more. Please share your suggestions.

I recently read "When the Air Hits Your Brain: Tales of Neurosurgery" an autobiography about a neurosurgeon's residency experiences and "A Case of Need," which is one of Michael Crichton's first books. It has more science and less fiction than his other books. Much of it centers around the Boston medical community.

"Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown is a good book.

HI Everyone,

I'm new to SDN... so a big hello to everyone. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed to this reading list. It is quite helpful.

Are there anymore suggestions on titles...also could you please describe the book briefly as others have done?!

Thank you so much. xox

Members don't see this ad :)
"On Call" - Dr. Emily Transue :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's a collection of scenes (paraphrasing the jacket here) from her three years in residency. It's pretty light and quick reading, but it's thematically dense if you're into that. Lots of interesting stories, and it gives great insight into the transformation doctors go through during their residency. I'd put it right up there with Complications by Gawande.