ece

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Athene

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi.....................when do we hae to get ece done...........
do we send the form with the NDBE form or we send evaluated GPA along with the form........
what is the last date for ADA to recieve my ECE..........
thanks in advance..............

Members don't see this ad.

meetlife said:
hi.....................when do we hae to get ece done...........
do we send the form with the NDBE form or we send evaluated GPA along with the form........
what is the last date for ADA to recieve my ECE..........
thanks in advance..............

hey meetlife,
the ECE general report must be done by the deadline date of the NDBE part 1 exam. for the written exam i think it is the 1st week of june. if they do not receive it by then u will be unable to give the written exam in july. its high time u got one done anyway.

what took u so long :confused:

lasjy

Hi meetlife
you just have to send the ece application. In that they ask to provide the second address on the right hand side lower corner so there you have to fill up the NBDe address. the ece will send one copy to you and second one to the address mentioned in the form. Dont worry it does not take much longer for the evaluation so once they receive it takes around 15 days to complet the evalaution. One more thing do not go for general evalaution, because later when you have to apply in schools you need to get the course by course evaluation done ...so go for course by course now itself.

I think most of these things you must be knowing but incase if you dont then.........here you go

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey meetlife!
i joined sdn 3 days back,
i m very new in this group of forums............
i m BDS from india ,want to know what paper work should be done before
appling NBDE part 1.
i have started studing 2wks back,and planning to crak the exam in july /aug
comp based,
i don't have much idea @ evaluation,and the last date of ADA. :mad:
will u guide me :confused:

dent_ist

1.you have to contact:
www.ece.org
download an application form over there.
fill it and check in the a general report section.
send the application form+fee+the paper required from you on the 4th page.
they will prepare you a general report,they will send one copy to you and another one to the ada when you specify it.
the upper procedure takes a month.
2.go to the :
www.ada.org
ask them for an application pamphlet.
fill the application form out and send it with the fee.

ketu229 said:
Hi meetlife
One more thing do not go for general evalaution, because later when you have to apply in schools you need to get the course by course evaluation done ...so go for course by course now itself.

I think most of these things you must be knowing but incase if you dont then.........here you go

hey ketu

r u absolutely sure u don't have to make a general report before u make a course by course report?????

the JCNDE asks specifically for the general report and not for a course by course report. if they go by their sticky rules they may not accept a course by course report. :idea:

wouldn't it be better to send a general report and be safe rather than sorry
:confused:

lasjy

thanks to all for the information...................................do i need to send in for express service.................if i send in next 2-3 days...how long does it take to reach US...i mean the post............thanks

toothlord said:
1.you have to contact:
www.ece.org
they will prepare you a general report,they will send one copy to you and another one to the ada when you specify it.
2.go to the :
www.ada.org
hi toothlord..thanks alot........
well can i fill online form for exam............................????

toothlord said:
1.you have to contact:
www.ece.org
2.go to the :
www.ada.org

hi toothlord..Thanks alot!!!!!

lasjy said:
hey ketu

r u absolutely sure u don't have to make a general report before u make a course by course report?????

the JCNDE asks specifically for the general report and not for a course by course report. if they go by their sticky rules they may not accept a course by course report. :idea:

wouldn't it be better to send a general report and be safe rather than sorry
:confused:

lasjy
even i think its necessary to have a general report before the course by course. i personally dont know any1 who didnt get their general report for the part1 exam.i think it would be safer to first contact the ece and ask thm abt it if u planning for course to course directly.
meetlife, it takes more than 15days to get the report sometimes they r very slow. so send ur application immediately. for me, general eval took atleast 4 weeks and course by course 5 weeks. u r fine if u send in ur application now.
make sure u ask one ece eval copy to be sent directly to joint commision.for part1 exam.

meetlife said:
hi toothlord..thanks alot........
well can i fill online form for exam............................????
u can definetely register online, which wud save u a lot of time.

Ann 03 said:
even i think its necessary to have a general report before the course by course. i personally dont know any1 who didnt get their general report for the part1 exam.i think it would be safer to first contact the ece and ask thm abt it if u planning for course to course directly.
meetlife, it takes more than 15days to get the report sometimes they r very slow. so send ur application immediately. for me, general eval took atleast 4 weeks and course by course 5 weeks. u r fine if u send in ur application now.
make sure u ask one ece eval copy to be sent directly to joint commision.for part1 exam.
i think a course by course is fine too. a course by course is basically a more detailed evaluation. infact doing the course by course is better as u save money ( u wont have to do the general seperate). i am sure about this, but maybe u want to reconfirm by e-mailing nbde.

meetlife said:
thanks to all for the information...................................do i need to send in for express service.................if i send in next 2-3 days...how long does it take to reach US...i mean the post............thanks
hi meetlife,
u cud fax ur credentials as that might save u the time involved with mailing. (I had called them [to find out for a friend of mine]if it was possible to fax the documents from india and they said we could), maybe u wanna check again if u wanna make sure.
u cud also contact them online with ur Question and they will reply back.

Members don't see this ad :)
you can't evaluate your documents at the ece online.
registeration for the exam ,yes.

Ann 03 said:

hi

i got my course by course done and sent that for registering for part 1 last december. they accept both as valid proof of credentials to take the part 1. all they are saying is that u can get a general one done and thats the basic stuff they require to let u take the part 1.

meetlife said:

hey meetlife

if u send it from the post office in india ask for international speed post to the US

it costs 425 Rupees and takes 4 to 5 working days to reach the US

its good and cheaper when compared to services like DHL and UPS, etc.

i sent it this way and had no problems
lasjy

thanks a lot to all...................for all the concern and valued suggestions.....i am sending for the report today....................

its nice to know .......so many people care.....................three cheers to the spirit of SDN and thanks....

hi meetlife

I am very much sure they will acccept course by course evaluation. Also if you are coming to USA soon then give the address of USA for report to be send may be it will reach you soon. Plus keep mailing ECE people asking how far is your report?
making it go faster

meetlife said:
its nice to know .......so many people care.....................three cheers to the spirit of SDN and thanks....

What did I tell you ;) , glad you found the answer.

Henna said:
What did I tell you ;) , glad you found the answer.
yes henna................................sure SDN....is the most :clap: :clap: :clap:reliable and caring family..........................

hi all....................sending all the documents by fax.................
thanks a lot to all................................................ :thumbup:

Hii all...

For requesting a Course-by-Course ECE report (Indian BDS degree), what documents need to be Faxed/Mailed to ECE ???

Only the Mark-sheets for all 4 years ....??

Or any of the following too ---

1. Higher School/Pre-University Certificate.
2. Degree Certificate.
3. Attempt Certificate.
4. A Plan of studies or Curriculum.
5. Others ....

Thanks !!! :)

Check on the ECE website and check on India. They'll list the documents needed for each indivudual country.

Hey buddy....

I am from India and have got the course-by-course eval done.....I sent the following...

1)SSC marklist and passing certificate:was not sure if this is really needed or not...but sent it just in case!

2)HSC marklist and passing certificate:needed!everything from now on is surly needed!

3)Marklists of Ist to IVth BDS

4)Final BDS passing certificate:if your univ has granted you one.....most do!

5)Internship completion certificate from college:

6)I had not received by Degree Certificate from the Univ so I took a letter from my associate dean stating that I have completed all the requirements for the course leading to the degree of BDS under the auspices of the said university.That I have submitted the necessary documents to the Univ and this is being issued as the degree certificate will take some time.

7)Transcripts from college:the ones stating no of hours for theory and practical for each sub for all 4 years!

8)Demand Draft

9)ECE form:Duly submitted

Covering letter:This is the most important document.State
-all the documents attached
-the course for which you are going to apply
-the adresses you want the copies you want to be sent
-the type of evaluaion(C-by-C)

I am not sure but I think you need to send 1/2 pics......

I had sent originals of the transcripts and the denas letter and NOTARIZED copies of the rest.

Also keep in touch with them through [email protected] are very prompt in replying.

Use DHL.....not Indian post!

Tooth_wize said:
Hii all...

For requesting a Course-by-Course ECE report (Indian BDS degree), what documents need to be Faxed/Mailed to ECE ???

Only the Mark-sheets for all 4 years ....??

Or any of the following too ---

1. Higher School/Pre-University Certificate.
2. Degree Certificate.
3. Attempt Certificate.
4. A Plan of studies or Curriculum.
5. Others ....

Thanks !!! :)

If you are not sure if you have to send any particular certificate, just send it with the rest of the stuff anyways ( that way you are safe).
They know exactly what they need and they'll just disregard the rest.

toothmail said:
hi

i got my course by course done and sent that for registering for part 1 last december. they accept both as valid proof of credentials to take the part 1. all they are saying is that u can get a general one done and thats the basic stuff they require to let u take the part 1.
thanks itsme and toothmail ,
i will recommend getting a course by course done instead of general eval tomy friends henceforth. it saves a lot of money tht way.

Thanks for the tips, Henna and gpg !!
Most appreciated !!!

Transcripts from college:the ones stating no of hours for theory and practical for each sub for all 4 years!

whats this.........do we have to send this..........................wel i have not... :scared: :scared: .

Hii all ...

Apparently the "General v/s Course-by-Course ECE Report" issue has come up time and again. Let's put it to rest for once and all.

I called up the Joint Commission on National Dental Examination and they do accept the C-by-C report. So obviously latter is the best choice.

Tip for late birds like me : Instead of mailing in, Fax your application and documents (unless the originals have been requested by ECE, as in case of certain nationalities).
( http://www.ece.org/ece_1_2_3.html )
Yes, you would need a credit card for payment. But then, don't you have an Uncle/Cousin/Friend who's got one !!!

If you're an Indian Dental Graduate, don't sweat over the 'TRANSCRIPT' word. Marks cards/Mark sheets are good. Caution : Don't send consolidated marks cards !!! (see Link below)

Cheerz :thumbup:

Psssst Meetlife, I just read your posting. Don't sweat. Check this out http://www.ece.org/cgi-bin/country.pl?viewRecord&country=INDIA&text=
For indian graduated, 'Transcripts' has not been mentioned. Official statement of marks (Marks sheet/Mark cards) is required. So you're okay :cool:

Tooth_wize said:
Hii all ...

Apparently the "General v/s Course-by-Course ECE Report" issue has come up time and again. Let's put it to rest for once and all.

I called up the Joint Commission on National Dental Examination and they do accept the C-by-C report. So obviously latter is the best choice.

Tip for late birds like me : Instead of mailing in, Fax your application and documents (unless the originals have been requested by ECE, as in case of certain nationalities).
( http://www.ece.org/ece_1_2_3.html )
Yes, you would need a credit card for payment. But then, don't you have an Uncle/Cousin/Friend who's got one !!!

If your an Indian Dental Graduate, dont' sweat over the 'TRANSCRIPT' word. Marks cards/Mark sheets are good. Caution : Don't send consolidated marks cards !!! (see Link below)

Cheerz :thumbup:

Addendum : Meetlife, I just read your posting. Don't sweat. Check this one out http://www.ece.org/cgi-bin/country.pl?viewRecord&country=INDIA&text=
For indian graduated, 'Transcripts' has not been mentioned. Official statement of marks (Marks sheet/Mark cards) is required. So you're okay :cool:
thanks a zillion......all the best.......
do well
may GOd bless u......

Hiya all..I got my ECE General report..
However, I dont see any GPA..Just plain text that I have the equivalent of Completion of 4 ys +1 yr intrnship.....
I had asked for the general report...
Also, I got a letter frm ADA dated 1 day before ths from the ECE that my applicatio has been held for not getting a letter from the ECE..
SO do I need to mail ADA that they will get it in due course of time?
Help plzzz

AjayDas said:
Hiya all..I got my ECE General report..
However, I dont see any GPA..Just plain text that I have the equivalent of Completion of 4 ys +1 yr intrnship.....
I had asked for the general report...
Also, I got a letter frm ADA dated 1 day before ths from the ECE that my applicatio has been held for not getting a letter from the ECE..
SO do I need to mail ADA that they will get it in due course of time?
Help plzzz
hi ajaydas
in general report they do not give the GPA so for that you have to get ECE evaluation done once again and mark course by course this time.
Dont worry about the ADA letter just contact the ece and ask them when did they send your report to the ada...ada will wait for your report to reach them.

Hiya,

Thanks for the info....
After reading your post, I just checked my file and got the 'Instructions' page of ECE. They have specifically mentioned that General report includes
1. Each educational credential and it's U.S equivalent
2. Grade average if the purpose is further education

I am stating the exact words printed on their page...

And my friends who took up part 1 had also got their general evaluation done and had got a GPA along with it...

Wondering now how to tell my dad I screwed up the Evaluation report :D

Hi Ajay,
u didn't screw up ur eval report :D .Note this....when u apply for Gen report...under the 3rd section i.e "Purpose of evaluation"...there are some boxes to mark.....in that section if u would 've marked for ''further education'' too along with the box for "ADA-joint commission on NDE"......then only u can get GPA.U just quoted it in ur post....
Actually when i got my ECE done...I marked for only 1 box i.e for "ADA" so even I didn't get my GPA.But a friend of mine who marked for both boxes...'further education' n for "ADA' got her GPA in the Gen eval report it-self.got my point buddy...?hope i din't confuse u further :D anyhow in the essence ur report is fine...no need to worry abt that :)

meetlife said:
Transcripts from college:the ones stating no of hours for theory and practical for each sub for all 4 years!

whats this.........do we have to send this..........................wel i have not... :scared: :scared: .

not necessary meetlife

when they evaluate ur xeroxes they will see which university u graduated from ...in ur case MAHE.....and they will already have a list of hours and credits with them as per ur university and the report will be prepared. anyway i think MAHE is definitely listed 'cause even pinktooth got hers done and she was from ur university. should not be a problem. ask her what her report looks like.

lasjy

meetlife said:

By this they mean in short , the syllabus sheet which shows the number of hours per subject.you can mail them at ece and find out if your application is complete.they usually respond immediately.If needed you can fax them the details.cool it.... :luck:

wiztooth said:
Hi Ajay,
u didn't screw up ur eval report :D .Note this....when u apply for Gen report...under the 3rd section i.e "Purpose of evaluation"...there are some boxes to mark.....in that section if u would 've marked for ''further education'' too along with the box for "ADA-joint commission on NDE"......then only u can get GPA.U just quoted it in ur post....
Actually when i got my ECE done...I marked for only 1 box i.e for "ADA" so even I didn't get my GPA.But a friend of mine who marked for both boxes...'further education' n for "ADA' got her GPA in the Gen eval report it-self.got my point buddy...?hope i din't confuse u further :D anyhow in the essence ur report is fine...no need to worry abt that :)
Hiya Wiztooth....
hmm.. well you are 50% right. I DID tick only the "ADA" on the application..Thanks for letting me know that. Actually I didn't know that I was allowed to tick on more than one option.
However, I DID spoil my ECE by wasting 85$.. Something tells me that they will not change it now and I will have to resend 85$ just for the GPA...What did you do by the way?
And God bless your friend's soul. I am sure you would have killed her for not letting you know that before sending you application to the ECE :D Otherwise, send me her address and I would gladly kill her for ya coz I am feeling sorta frustrated right now and feel like killing someone

AjayDas said:
Hiya Wiztooth....
hmm.. well you are 50% right. I DID tick only the "ADA" on the application..Thanks for letting me know that. Actually I didn't know that I was allowed to tick on more than one option.
However, I DID spoil my ECE by wasting 85$.. Something tells me that they will not change it now and I will have to resend 85$ just for the GPA...What did you do by the way?
And God bless your friend's soul. I am sure you would have killed her for not letting you know that before sending you application to the ECE :D Otherwise, send me her address and I would gladly kill her for ya coz I am feeling sorta frustrated right now and feel like killing someone
Hi Ajay,
why am I only 50% right..!!?? :smuggrin: Hey why do u want to resend 85 bucks again jus for GPA....wait lemme tell u 1 more thing...ADA doesn't require GPA n it just needs only gen eval report which states that u fulfilled their requirements of completing dentistry etc. when we apply to colleges we DO require course-by-course eval....!!!ADA accepts both gen eval n course-by-course.....so what ppl usually say is it's better to get the course-by-course done which we can use both for ADA n also for the schools when we apply..!Even I din't know all these before :( jus came to know all these recently....so am typing all this hoping it'll help the future applicants :idea:
p.s:nope...i can't kill my buddy....'cos she is the one who sort of introduced me to SDN :laugh: ......n we both were cluless when we applied for ECE...n she just marked 'further education' without knowing all these....so she's innocent :)
So now nothing can be done.....and we 've to get the course-by-course done later for applying to schools n then only I'll know my GPA :scared:
hope i cleared ur doubts 100% now :D cheers....take care..... :luck:

Hiya Wiztooth...
Well you are 50% right coz that 85$ has gone down the drain.. Just read the top of this page and you realize that General Evaluation report was never needed. A course by Course would have been enough for ADA...i.e we could have directly paid 135$ and saved 85$..

Ok..I have decided not to kill your friend coz shez innocent :) .But I have to kill my college Principal and Dr Tashie {my friend who is busy in Upenn right now making new friends :p } for not introducing me to SDN earlier...My Princi should have told us about SDN grrrrrr...

The problem now is that "Do we take part1 and then send our marks for evaluation..or send a fresh application for course by course..." coz they do take some time to do it.. And I have heard that there are a few colleges with deadlines pretty close to result announcement of part 1.

GPA is SCARY.. Wondering if i will give someone a heart attack with my 60% marks... :p

The problem now is that "Do we take part1 and then send our marks for evaluation..or send a fresh application for course by course..." coz they do take some time to do it.. And I have heard that there are a few colleges with deadlines pretty close to result announcement of part 1.

Hi Ajay,
I'd suggest you go in for a course by course eval done right away.(why wait till later what you can do now!)
You can ask them to directly send in your report to the school(s) of you choice even if you haven't yet sent in your application or any other thing whatsoever.Infact, you can also send in things like your toefl scores, reco letters etc depending on the requirements for each college given in their website.They keep a seperate file with all documents received for each and every student irrespective of whether your application has reached them or not, for 1 year.
Thus, when you do get your scores of NDBE you can just request them to send your scores to the schools.This will help save the time and also help you where an EARLY application can make the difference of getting into a school or not (considering the application deadlines of a few schools)!!!
As far as the eval report ...well, they just need to know whether you are eligible or not.I'd say the report that you got is ok.
If you are still in doubt you can always call them at ADA and tell them of your predicament and they will clear them (if any)..
All the best with everything :thumbup: ...
cheers,
elementz :luck:

Hiya Elementz.. Point! Why wait? I will send it rightaway. I didn't know that Colleges keep the forms for a year. Thankx for the info.

og gosh......this ece is killing me........
i marked just ADA OPTION AND NOT THE FURTHER EDUCATION..... FOR COURSE BY COURSE........ :confused:
will i get GPA.....or not???
what to do?????
:eek: :eek:

meetlife said:
i marked just ADA OPTION AND NOT THE FURTHER EDUCATION..... FOR COURSE BY COURSE........ :confused:
what to do?????
Congratulations to myself..Something tells me that I managed to confuse half of the world..
Well meetlife, don't worry, everything is all right..
You will get your GPA...
Had you gone for general evaluation and not ticked on "further education", only then, you wouldn't have got it...

meetlife said:
what to do?????

Regarding the course by course eval...the GPA comes as an integral part of it,as far as I know.still in case you want to be on the safer side...plz call/mail them and find out.It's still not late.

Hai ajaydas,

Ami glad u finally judged me to be innocent???? :eek: Frm past 3-4 days i've started goin out of my house.. :p
Also thanks wiztooth...for saving my life at the right time... :clap: :clap:

So ajaydas ,after scaring my wits..wat else r u'r plans?? :scared:

humbly asking for truce
GORUR :laugh: :laugh:

elementz said:
Regarding the course by course eval...the GPA comes as an integral part of it,as far as I know.still in case you want to be on the safer side...plz call/mail them and find out.It's still not late.

Well, I just read the Instructions page again just to be sure...Yup! They DO include the GPA irrespective of the fact that you didn't tick on "further studies"..So meetlife, I stand my ground.

And Hey Gorur.... I was SOOO excited when I realized that i had a PM. I was hoping it would turn out to be from my long lost girl. :( anyway,since you are Wiztooth's friend and he has become a good friend of mine, I think I wouldn't kill ya. lol..At present, I am trying to create a world record of being the fastest Dental Deck reader...and I feel I will make it!....only ignore the fact that i am counting just my locality.. ;)

p.s I somehow managed to lie to my dad that both the evaluations are needed. Good thing that he doesnt go through this thread. Wondering how would he have felt looking at his son burning his hard-earned 85$

AjayDas said:
And Hey Gorur.... I was SOOO excited when I realized that i had a PM. I was . :( anyway,since you are Wiztooth's friend and he has become a good friend of mine, I think I wouldn't kill ya. lol..At present, I am trying to create a world record of being the fastest Dental Deck reader...and I feel I will make it!....only ignore the fact that i am counting just my locality.. ;)
he he he......wiz is she............................................too bad ajay....... :laugh: :laugh:
b/w......hi wiz....how is it going dear.....all the best......... :luck: :luck:

AjayDas said:
Well, I just read the Instructions page again just to be sure...Yup! They DO include the GPA irrespective of the fact that you didn't tick on "further studies"..So meetlife, I stand my ground.

And Hey Gorur.... I was SOOO excited when I realized that i had a PM. I was hoping it would turn out to be from my long lost girl. :( anyway,since you are Wiztooth's friend and he has become a good friend of mine, I think I wouldn't kill ya. lol..At present, I am trying to create a world record of being the fastest Dental Deck reader...and I feel I will make it!....only ignore the fact that i am counting just my locality.. ;)

p.s I somehow managed to lie to my dad that both the evaluations are needed. Good thing that he doesnt go through this thread. Wondering how would he have felt looking at his son burning his hard-earned 85$

what is your dads...e-mail id?????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

elementz said:
You can ask them to directly send in your report to the school(s) of you choice even if you haven't yet sent in your application or any other thing whatsoever.Infact, you can also send in things like your toefl scores, reco letters etc depending on the requirements for each college given in their website.They keep a seperate file with all documents received for each and every student irrespective of whether your application has reached them or not, for 1 year.

Wondering if anyone has put up a thread of Website addresses of all the Colleges...or their requirements..Would be a great help

p.s Grrrr..Some people here are trying a new experiment on me "How to kill a guy by confusing him in 2 days" :( I feel the whole world is conspiring against me. Remind me to say "ASL PLZ" next time I call someone a friend of mine ;) lol