how to avoid peeing on your scrubs? (for guys)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderkid

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there,
serious question. everytime im wearing scrubs and i have to pee standing up, i get some pee on my scrubs. any suggestions?
thanks,
a man

Members don't see this ad.

HAHAHAHAH, that totally happened to me today..........i had to hitch up my scrubs a bit (shirt untucked of course) and waited until it evaporated. I'm not sure if there is a fail-safe method buddy :D

wonderkid said:
hi there,
serious question. everytime im wearing scrubs and i have to pee standing up, i get some pee on my scrubs. any suggestions?
thanks,
a man

There is a whole thread dedicated to this subject (I think its in the clinical rotation forum). Just do a search under "pee pee on my scrubs".

Members don't see this ad :)
wonderkid said:
hi there,
thanks,
a man

-Let the scrubs fall to your ankles

-Cut a hole in the scrubs for your pelvic tube

-Pee like a woman, ie sitting down

-Carry a portable iron with you and dry the wet spot after you pee

-Get pee-colored scrubs so that any pee on it will just blend in

Reactions: 1 user
How about just giving a little shake... if you do it more than once your playing with it.

HAHAHA thats funny. :D For once its easier for girls to pee than boys. I never thought about that.

omg. this is sooo funny. i was so stressing before this, but reading made me happy. thanks yo.

okay. when i shake it, thats one of the biggest reasons the pee gets on the scrubs!

i refuse to sit down and pee...so much faster standing. pee color scrubs, no.

haha. i always have role it up and stuff. once i was shadowing a surgeon and it happened. in the or you have to tuck in the scrubs and no white coat...it took me a while to catch up with him....i was waiting for it to dry!

ukh, there has to be a solution.

Maybe it's time that some of us come up with a design for new types of scrubs . . . :)

macdown said:
How about just giving a little shake... if you do it more than once your playing with it.

Hey, I thought the official rule was 'more than three shakes is a w@nk'. :confused:

Wow, I'd never have guessed so many guys were having this much trouble draining the lizard. Perhaps they should give a little five minute class on it at the start of medschool. :laugh:

I'm on board with the three-shakes rule. Also, if you hustle to the sink afterward, you can make sure to carelessly splash some water drops on the front of your clothes. ;)

aphistis said:
I'm on board with the three-shakes rule. Also, if you hustle to the sink afterward, you can make sure to carelessly splash some water drops on the front of your clothes. ;)

:laugh: Ah yes, the ol' "it's just water" cover up. A lifesaver just in case. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
i take a peace of napkin before i pee and dry it so it wont get on the scrubs. if you shake it, it gets on the scrubs...thats one of the biggest problems.

wonderkid said:
i take a peace of napkin before i pee and dry it so it wont get on the scrubs. if you shake it, it gets on the scrubs...thats one of the biggest problems.

Ha ha :laugh: That's hilarious...if you're joking. :D If not then seek help..fast. :eek:

now HERE is a truly useful thread!

they should make scrubs with that water-proof coating, like in the dockers commercials. pee just rolls right off...

there's nothing worse than looking down and realizing your scrubs are wet... and you have to round with a really cute girl

wonderkid said:

I do the same.. quick dab with a paper towel...there is actually a medical term for the last couple of drops of pee after you think you are done.

Isn't this why the invented the long white coats... so only the med students look like they have pissed themselves.

ddmoore54 said:
Isn't this why the invented the long white coats... so only the med students look like they have pissed themselves.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

fortuantely, scrubs have a relatively quick refractory period

I just tuck mine in my sock, that's the only place that I get wet. What are you guys talking about getting it on your scrubs.

This is yet another reason why it rocks to be a grrrl!!! The world may be the men's bathroom, but at least we women don't get urine on our scrubs and look like idiots!

Also, why do I always hear about men sleepwalking and pissing on something other than the toilet?

lol! Everyones missing the best remedy yet. Simply be a little sloppy when you wash your hands (please do wash your hands) and splash a little bit of water on your scrub pants and shirt as well. That way it looks like you just got wet while washing your hands and/or shaking them dry.

Don't shake. Stroke. (With the fingertips) Think about it. What better way to drain the ol' ho-swatter than by compressing the urethra once or twice? Just don't use your whole hand cuz then it looks like you're jackin off. :rolleyes:

Simple Remedies:

1. Urinate in your scrubs rather than on them aka Billy Madison, "you aint cool unless . . "
2. Foley.
3. Sit down, why spend more time on your feet than you must?

Philo

hippocritis.com <-----medical satire site, run by residents for YOU!

Philo Beddo said:
Simple Remedies:

1. Urinate in your scrubs rather than on them aka Billy Madison, "you aint cool unless . . "
2. Foley.
3. Sit down, why spend more time on your feet than you must?

Philo

hippocritis.com <-----medical satire site, run by residents for YOU!

:laugh: Yeah, insert a foley with a collection bag, and then you will not even have to go take a pee pee break until its full

adrenal_medulla said:
lol! Everyones missing the best remedy yet. Simply be a little sloppy when you wash your hands (please do wash your hands) and splash a little bit of water on your scrub pants and shirt as well. That way it looks like you just got wet while washing your hands and/or shaking them dry.
Everyone but aphistis

...scroll up! ;)

bananaface said:
Everyone but aphistis

...scroll up! ;)

Oh, I didn't see that. I guess that means there are TWO geniuses on this thread...

adrenal_medulla said:
Oh, I didn't see that. I guess that means there are TWO geniuses on this thread...

how about a quick shake then wiping the urethra on your boxers to wick remaining fluid.

katrinadams9 said:
This is yet another reason why it rocks to be a grrrl!!! The world may be the men's bathroom, but at least we women don't get urine on our scrubs and look like idiots!

Also, why do I always hear about men sleepwalking and pissing on something other than the toilet?
since rational thinking is stored on the Y chromosome, i'll remind you that if guys sat or squatted every time we peed, we wouldn't wet our scrubs or miss the toilet either.

Pull your pants down BEFORE you pee.

I use the paper towel-friction drying method. Rub pee-ed on area vigorously to dry.

More importantly, what does one do when a spontaneous erection hits and you've only got boxers on under the scrubs? Ouch...

katrinadams9 said:

This usually only happens after a six pack and too many shots at the bar... ha ha!

just keep in mind, folks...no matter how much you wiggle and dance, the last three drops are always in your pants.

katrinadams9 said:

Yes. Penis envy is way over-rated. :)

I'm one of those who take a paper towel with me to the pee-trough...laugh, but it works...

LMAO!!! I use a stall (privacy) and then shake, stroke and blot. Once in a while, a drop doesn't want to come out until after you tie/button and it ruins you. The most uncomfortable feeling. Then, I guess the accidental splash while washing up could cover it up.

BTW, ladies, this thread is a joke. None of this is true. When you see a scrub wearing male with a few drops of water on his scrubs, it is water, not urine.

Just ask a nurse to blow you dry.

i know this thread is old, but i just found it.

anyway, i always carry one of those plastic lobster bibs and tie it around 'ol floppy whenever i have to go. it seems to work for me.

wonderkid said:
hi there,
thanks,
a man

Hi there,
I polled all of my male colleagues ( I am a general surgery resident). None of them seems to have this problem. Hmm, did you mother or siblings not toilet "train" you properly? If this continues to be a problem, I recommend Depends.
njbmd :confused:

cytoskelement said:
what does one do when a spontaneous erection hits and you've only got boxers on under the scrubs? Ouch...

Unfortunately, this happened to me the other day. I was walking towards the hospital cafe when Woodrow decided to stand up. Luckily, I had my backpack with me, so I pulled it around front, pushed down and pretended to rummage through it looking for something. There was a washroom nearby, so I ducked in there, took a pee and waited it out. This whole situation was made worse by the fact that it was a children's hospital. I can just imagine what the parents would think!

Ha ha ha...well you know, to be fair to the guys, at least pee dries quickly. You men are luckier than you think. I'd rather have pee running down my front than blood. Unfortunately for us women, our period stain shows through forever. It doesn't hurt to wear red scrubs around your cycle :D Or tampon. Or a maxi with wings. God I hate that time of the month!

katrinadams9 said:
This is yet another reason why it rocks to be a grrrl!!! The world may be the men's bathroom, but at least we women don't get urine on our scrubs and look like idiots! Also, why do I always hear about men sleepwalking and pissing on something other than the toilet?

PiccoloPlaya said:
Ha ha ha...well you know, to be fair to the guys, at least pee dries quickly. You men are luckier than you think. I'd rather have pee running down my front than blood. Unfortunately for us women, our period stain shows through forever. It doesn't hurt to wear red scrubs around your cycle :D Or tampon. Or a maxi with wings. God I hate that time of the month!

gurl...you kill me

:laugh: :laugh:

This thread is taking the wrong turn... :laugh:

wonderkid said:
ur amazing
just genius
... look at him boys..do what he says!