Is there a Resource available to check the stats for GAS programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeLoni

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wanting to know how many people applied to some programs and how many were excepted. In other words, I want to find out how competitive a few different programs are in anesthesia and how competitive anesthesia is in general.

Also, isnt there a list or something of all the residencies in the U.S. that shows whether or not they filled up there programs or not? If someone could help me with that also, I would be very thankful.

Members don't see this ad.

JoeLoni said:
I am just wanting to know how many people applied to some programs and how many were excepted. In other words, I want to find out how competitive a few different programs are in anesthesia and how competitive anesthesia is in general.

Also, isnt there a list or something of all the residencies in the U.S. that shows whether or not they filled up there programs or not? If someone could help me with that also, I would be very thankful.

FRIEDA website.

Also...

JoeLoni said:

Read FAQ#2 at the top of this forum. You won't be able to tell how many people applied to programs because that information is not captured, but there is a lot of information, with cited resources, on the number of people "accepted".

JoeLoni said:

That's actually the advanced tables on the NRMP website, again referenced in the FAQ. But, it is also separately available (the complete list) on Scutwork.

See also this article on recruitment trends from the ASA website.

-Skip