Is there a Resource available to check the stats for GAS programs?

Started by JoeLoni
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoeLoni

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am just wanting to know how many people applied to some programs and how many were excepted. In other words, I want to find out how competitive a few different programs are in anesthesia and how competitive anesthesia is in general.

Also, isnt there a list or something of all the residencies in the U.S. that shows whether or not they filled up there programs or not? If someone could help me with that also, I would be very thankful.
 
JoeLoni said:
I am just wanting to know how many people applied to some programs and how many were excepted. In other words, I want to find out how competitive a few different programs are in anesthesia and how competitive anesthesia is in general.

Also, isnt there a list or something of all the residencies in the U.S. that shows whether or not they filled up there programs or not? If someone could help me with that also, I would be very thankful.

FRIEDA website.
 
Also...

JoeLoni said:
I am just wanting to know how many people applied to some programs and how many were excepted. In other words, I want to find out how competitive a few different programs are in anesthesia and how competitive anesthesia is in general.

Read FAQ#2 at the top of this forum. You won't be able to tell how many people applied to programs because that information is not captured, but there is a lot of information, with cited resources, on the number of people "accepted".

JoeLoni said:
Also, isnt there a list or something of all the residencies in the U.S. that shows whether or not they filled up there programs or not? If someone could help me with that also, I would be very thankful.

That's actually the advanced tables on the NRMP website, again referenced in the FAQ. But, it is also separately available (the complete list) on Scutwork.

See also this article on recruitment trends from the ASA website.

-Skip