Ok, now this is just absurd...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I guess Clarinex is now the preferred nonsedating histamine blocker for our state's medicaid formulary. They send us the usual array of crap celebrating the occasion, pens, donuts, gum, paper. But one thing felt a wee bit odd to me.

box.jpg

Yes, this, my friends, is Clarinex brand corn flakes.

meholding.jpg

Just look at how happy I am to have received free corn flakes! Of course this will hurt me in the long run because Clarinex is a bloody waste of my tax money, but, hey, free cereal is free cereal.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't care about the story behind that box of cereal ; you're so cute/hot.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Clarinex cereal :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
LOL

Got to admit that it caught your attention.

Wonder how long before it hits the local grocery. ;)

We got Risperdal popcorn.... it was sorta bland. :laugh:

lnn2 said:
He's gay! (not that there's anything wrong with it!)

I happen to know for a fact that he's not gay ;)

-WVURxGal, who is not dead, just rarely on the computer at home, and also his pimp/wife. Ladies, 15% off normal service fees if you mention this ad!

WVURxGal said:

-WVURxGal, who is not dead, just rarely on the computer at home, and also his pimp/wife. Ladies, 15% off normal service fees if you mention this ad!
Good for him! ;)

hesgay8ua.jpg

rofl!! you know...I really don't know whether to believe whether that cereal is real or not. It looks.....so.....well, fake.

LOL..i mean can you imagine the little kids.

"mommy, mommy, don't give me the cocoa puffs...I'm coocoo for clarinex cereal"

i wanted to insert more of the situation but won't for fear of it being too crazy.

WVURxGal said:

Woo! I didn't know you guys had gotten married. Congrats! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
WVUPharm2007 said:
Oh, I see your motives now. You're from that cesspool of a community college up north 80 miles. *shakes fist*
Don't be mad because Dave Wannstedt is a significant upgrade over Rich Rodriguez :D

Caverject said:
Don't be made because Dave Wannstedt is a significant upgrade over Rich Rodriguez :D
used to be the Dallas Cowboys' ! oh, the good ol days :(

WVUPharm2007 said:
Oh, I see your motives now. You're from that cesspool of a community college up north 80 miles. *shakes fist*
I see, you're checking me out ;) thought you were married! :)

crying moo said:
You're a hottie.
I'd like to share a bowl of Clarinex cereal with you the next morning... ;)

;) ;) Apparently WVUPharm is what allergy sufferers really want

I also thought the Risperdal popcorn bland and it didn't do a damn thing to quell the voices that plague me :confused:

WVUPharm2007 said:
*****Fast forward 1.5 months later*****

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! They lost to frickin' OHIO U.
yes...i was shocked! Go Bobcats! Funny how you rated them one of the best pharmacy schools with a football team!

I think I picked about 15 teams though.

They're better than you think, they just need to adjust to the new system - they basically have nothing but freshman on the field when you think about it.

I decided to eat some of this stuff this morning. It tastes like cornbread flavored wood panelling. Which, mind you, is somewhere in the region of 35-40% better than real corn flakes. I still has a runny nose a couple hours later, though.

WVUPharm2007 said:
I decided to eat some of this stuff this morning. It tastes like cornbread flavored wood panelling. Which, mind you, is somewhere in the region of 35-40% better than real corn flakes. I still has a runny nose a couple hours later, though.

Please tell me there is NO Clarinex on it...
Or you just blew my mind as to the new formulation! :eek:

It actually makes sense to have an antihistamine in your cereal, however, shouldn't it be unit dosed? lol :laugh: All too often people take their antihistamine when they start having symptoms and by then its already too late for this drug to work well.

WVUPharm2007 said:

Hmmm... you think the cardboard flavor has anything to do with the fact that it's 8 MONTHS OLD! hahaha .... or is this not your first box of tasty clariflakes? ;)

ndearwater said:
Hmmm... you think the cardboard flavor has anything to do with the fact that it's 8 MONTHS OLD! hahaha .... or is this not your first box of tasty clariflakes? ;)

The box says, "Best if used by 5/5/06." Haha, I'm not giving myself botulism, I win.

I'm disappointed nobody laughed at my clarinex/claritin dose equivalency joke. I shake my fist at all of you and your families.

WVUPharm2007 said:
If you bought the generic loratadine cereal, you'd save money and get to eat twice as much.

:laugh: feel better now? hee hee

WVUPharm2007 said:
The box says, "Best if used by 5/5/06." Haha, I'm not giving myself botulism, I win.

I'm disappointed nobody laughed at my clarinex/claritin dose equivalency joke. I shake my fist at all of you and your families.

Riley says, "Who are YOU shakin yer fist at, BOY???!!!???"
I think she might be giving you the finger!

20040508image00614vn.jpg

WVUPharm2007 said:

How can an anaerobe grow in a box of cereal?

dgroulx said:
How can an anaerobe grow in a box of cereal?

Disclaimer: When I begin rambling all laws of physics, thermodynamics, logic, and the federal government are suspended for the duration of said rambling. All laws not implictly granted to the federal gov't shall be given to the states.

All4MyDaughter said:
Riley says, "Who are YOU shakin yer fist at, BOY???!!!???"
I think she might be giving you the finger!

20040508image00614vn.jpg
OMG Riley is adorable!!!
Are yall redheads?

usi said:
OMG Riley is adorable!!!
Are yall redheads?

Thanks.

This is a picture from when she was really little. Her hair did have a bit of a reddish tint to it back then. It's more blond now (see my avatar). There are redheads in my family. My sister has red hair and my father had a red beard (but brown hair on his head). I had strawberry blond hair as a toddler but now my hair is pretty dark.

All4MyDaughter said:
Thanks.

This is a picture from when she was really little. Her hair did have a bit of a reddish tint to it back then. It's more blond now (see my avatar). There are redheads in my family. My sister has red hair and my father had a red beard (but brown hair on his head). I had strawberry blond hair as a toddler but now my hair is pretty dark.
Gorgeous color. I am jealous! I have brown curly hair.
I am happy that my daughter has straight hair and is considerably darker than mine. She looks like Snow White. I beg her each Haloween to dress up like SW, but she refuses. Too cool for Disney I guess....

usi said:
Gorgeous color. I am jealous! I have brown curly hair.
I am happy that my daughter has straight hair and is considerably darker than mine. She looks like Snow White. I beg her each Haloween to dress up like SW, but she refuses. Too cool for Disney I guess....

How old?

So I guess Clarinex is now the preferred nonsedating histamine blocker for our state's medicaid formulary. They send us the usual array of crap celebrating the occasion, pens, donuts, gum, paper. But one thing felt a wee bit odd to me.

box.jpg

Yes, this, my friends, is Clarinex brand corn flakes.

meholding.jpg

Just look at how happy I am to have received free corn flakes! Of course this will hurt me in the long run because Clarinex is a bloody waste of my tax money, but, hey, free cereal is free cereal.

I just can't believe this young gentleman wrote all those posts...:)

Pat White is not impressed with their growling...
[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=kZuO4LgvMdk[/YOUTUBE]
damn...that was funny :laugh:

It's all good...the big east sucks anyway now that the 2 major powerhouses have left...Of course both of those programs are going to suck major ass this year but look for Miami contenting for the National Championship next year...

damn...that was funny :laugh:

It's all good...the big east sucks anyway now that the 2 major powerhouses have left...Of course both of those programs are going to suck major ass this year but look for Miami contenting for the National Championship next year...

I'll grant you Miami, but Boston College and Virginia Tech were not and are not powerhouses. Michael Vick was a long ass time ago.... and they can't even win the ACC....c'mon...THAT conference sucks. Their one and two teams were slaughtered by Louisville and beaten by a WVU team without Slaton, their top WR, a starting OT, and Pat White without the ability to run or throw due to injury. The Big East is better than you think. I wish there was a playoff.....UL and WVU could cause a ruckus...

I'll grant you Miami, but Boston College and Virginia Tech were not and are not powerhouses. Michael Vick was a long ass time ago.... and they can't even win the ACC....c'mon...THAT conference sucks. Their one and two teams were slaughtered by Louisville and beaten by a WVU team without Slaton, their top WR, a starting OT, and Pat White without the ability to run or throw due to injury. The Big East is better than you think. I wish there was a playoff.....UL and WVU could cause a ruckus...
Don't go barking up the Vick Tree...He may have a spare pitbull or two to release on your ass!

When was the last time a BCS national champion came out of the Big East? How about anytime before that?

You will get your playoff in 2011...its a crappy format but it's a start

I think Miami in '01...maybe?

I'm not sure why that matters, anyway. This is now, that was then.
yes, Miami in 01, Virginia Tech played for the national championship in 2000 and Miami played yet again in 2002...other than those two, you never heard from the Big East...it still continues today

yes, Miami in 01, Virginia Tech played for the national championship in 2000 and Miami played yet again in 2002...other than those two, you never heard from the Big East...it still continues today

I've never seen anyone so proud of their conference....

Except for SEC who can back it up usually.

WVU has appeared in two MNC games, actually. Syracuse has won 6 titles, and Pitt 3, I think. But that's ancient history. It's 2007, folks. If winning old titles actually meant anything Yale would be the best team in the country, bar none.

WVU has appeared in two MNC games, actually. Syracuse has won 6 titles, and Pitt 3, I think. But that's ancient history. It's 2007, folks. If winning old titles actually meant anything Yale would be the best team in the country, bar none.

who cares about the titles of last century and before the vietnam war.

we care about experiencing it in your lifetime...and celebrating the win and enjoying the title for the year. I'm just glad I got to experience it in my lifetime.