Anyone else with no interviews? o_O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crazy_cavalier

T3-Weighted
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am well. I have no interview yet though. Was wondering who else wants to join my "Cool People With No Interview Yet" club (CPWNIY). Anyway, I don't mind it too much.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any yet. I'm waiting for August MCAT scores, but I've gotten three secondaries so far.

yes, i will join your precious little club. yay for cpwniy!

Members don't see this ad :)
jtank said:
yes, i will join your precious little club. yay for cpwniy!

haha :D

man I had a brief SDN hiatus as I prepared to go back to school. I'm still not fully unpacked and we just finished our first week. *feels slobbish*

crazy_cavalier said:
haha :D

man I had a brief SDN hiatus as I prepared to go back to school. I'm still not fully unpacked and we just finished our first week. *feels slobbish*

oooohhhhh. i hope you submitted all your secondaries already. :)

jtank said:
oooohhhhh. i hope you submitted all your secondaries already. :)

no interviews here...finally started submitting secondaries last week.

crazy_cavalier said:
Hello all.

I am well. I have no interview yet though. Was wondering who else wants to join my "Cool People With No Interview Yet" club (CPWNIY). Anyway, I don't mind it too much.

around when did you submit your secondaries? shouldn't it depend on when you submitted your secondaries? *nervously biting fingernails*

No interviews here. I'm not even considered "complete" at any of the schools I am applying to because I am waiting for a pre-med committee interview before my LORs will be sent out. I can't even imagine how long it will take to actually receive invites after I am complete, but here's to hoping its not too long.

I'm in.
I've been waiting for a few weeks now, but I really cant spend too much time thinking about it with all the other things I have to take care of at work.
You young 'uns still in undergrad should enjoy the good times while it lasts :)

crazy_cavalier said:
Hello all.

Hey guys it's still WAY too early.

I didn't get my first interview until like mid october. . .my 2nd invite didn't come until mid DECEMBER. I am now an MS4.

So, STOP FREAKING OUT!
;)

Good luck to all!

dudes ... it's frickin AUGUST. don't freak out so much ... you'll get them.

I'm in. Can I get a whoa CPWNIY? :p

Count me in! No interviews yet... But lots of completes. This is so discouraging :(

Members don't see this ad :)
No interview invites yet for me but, as our MS4 friend pointed out, I think it's a little early to be worried.

No interviews, and my housemate submitted at the same time and has like 3 already. Probably because she scored 2 points higher on the MCAT... :(

No interviews yet. AMCAS just cleared my application after 1 month and a week of intensive review.

I'll join. Been "complete and under review" at quite a few schools for almost a month but haven't heard from any of 'em.

Pick me. Pick me! I want to join. :D

I don't have any interviews, but I have started the rejection collection (Wisc. Madison.)

Good times.

crazy_cavalier said:
Hello all.

it's august and you're worried about not having interviews yet???? whoa! calm down! I don't think i had a single interview until December and i ended up doing just fine.

Psycho Doctor said:
it's august and you're worried about not having interviews yet???? whoa! calm down! I don't think i had a single interview until December and i ended up doing just fine.

did you take your MCATs in august? maybe thats why your interviews were in december?

beponychick said:
Count me in! No interviews yet... But lots of completes. This is so discouraging :(

......in the exact same shoes :-(

RayhanS1282 said:
I'll join. Been "complete and under review" at quite a few schools for almost a month but haven't heard from any of 'em.

Don't worry. Since schools have been receiving a constant influx of secondaries for about a month and a half, expect a considerable delay from when your application was submitted until you get an interview invite. The majority of interviews occur after October. It is still early in the game.

bluedaisy said:
No interviews, and my housemate submitted at the same time and has like 3 already. Probably because she scored 2 points higher on the MCAT... :(

probably not
37: 97.8-98.6 percentile
39: 99.3-99.6 percentile
:)

jtank said:
probably not
37: 97.8-98.6 percentile
39: 99.3-99.6 percentile

Holy bajeezus! No wonder though...they went to CAL, the frickin pre-med making machine. :rolleyes:

none here either....*sigh*

Great idea, I want to join. been complete almost a month at about 5 schools and several weeks at 3 or 4 others, but no interviews and thankfully no rejections yet.

None here either...its hard not to get anxious when you see people getting interviews at the same schools I applied to also.

Still working on a few UC secondaries but otherwise about complete most everywhere else. Those interviews better damn well come soon.

No interviews yet, granted my AMCAS hasn't been verified yet either, but at this rate I will never be complete since my letters of rec are coming from Tulane and who knows when Tulane will be up and running enough to send out letters! They might have sent letters out to the two schools that I have secondaries from, but I have no way of finding out now if they were sent or not! I am really hoping my alma mater is still going to be functional after the damage can be assessed! Good luck to everyone, but not to worry, it is still early!

crazy cav, im officially kicking you out as president of cpwniy club since you have an interview ;) guess ill be the new pres for now :(

ok, you know when you start dreading the weekends (no nothing from anyone until monday??), you have gone officially insane.

i have become bitter and angry. i have a friend who scored lower than me on the mcat, comparable ec's etc, and she has 5 interviews....and i have NONE. oh and i've been complete at a handful of schools for quite some time...

i hate sdn. i think i might have to take a vacation from it. whatever you do, do NOT look at the interview invites thread!!! :( :(

SpeedRacer said:
i hate sdn. i think i might have to take a vacation from it. whatever you do, do NOT look at the interview invites thread!!! :( :(

you are soooo right about that. :scared:

SpeedRacer said:
i have become bitter and angry. i have a friend who scored lower than me on the mcat, comparable ec's etc, and she has 5 interviews....and i have NONE. oh and i've been complete at a handful of schools for quite some time...

I hear you. When I applied the first time two years ago, with a much lower MCAT score, I received 4 interviews, two by this time already. Now, with a higher MCAT score and graduate grades under my belt, I have zero. I really dont know what to think, except that it is becomming increasingly harder to get in these days. But dont give up hope... It is still early in the process.

Rebs said:
None here either...its hard not to get anxious when you see people getting interviews at the same schools I applied to also.

Still working on a few UC secondaries but otherwise about complete most everywhere else. Those interviews better damn well come soon.

We must now take Rebs off this NO INTERVIEW list, as he recently received two interviews recently. See the interview thread list.

:D :p

Good luck you all. Hope the rest of you join the others in the Interview thread list soon.

Basically nothing still.

I feel like I have already been rejected from a few schools and they just aren't telling me (GW, Pitt, AECOM)

I feel crappier and crappier as the days go by.

CuddlyKumquat said:
Basically nothing still.

I feel like I have already been rejected from a few schools and they just aren't telling me (GW, Pitt, AECOM)

I feel crappier and crappier as the days go by.

I completely understand what you're saying. I'm trying hard to stay positive, but I'm trying hard to figure out what's wrong with my application. Hopefully all of us with no interview will experience some (good) luck sometime soon!

Psycho Doctor said:

Ahh, a little PD Zen for us tweaky freaks. Thanks Psycho. :D

unfrozencaveman said:
ok, you know when you start dreading the weekends (no nothing from anyone until monday??), you have gone officially insane.

My mailman filed a restraining order against me.

still no interviews *sigh* i wish i could lay off sdn for a while to get rid of some unneeded anxiety, but im just too addicted :scared:

jtank said:
still no interviews *sigh* i wish i could lay off sdn for a while to get rid of some unneeded anxiety, but im just too addicted :scared:

i know. i really really do want to stop though, it's making me really depressed. i wish i could block the website or something. :(

SpeedRacer said:
i know. i really really do want to stop though, it's making me really depressed. i wish i could block the website or something. :(

Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and enter the following into the file:

127.0.0.1 studentdoctor.net

i am reviving this thread. is there anyone out there who STILL has no interviews?

:(

i like that face the best because it's so pathetically sad. that's how i feel. minus the purple face.

SpeedRacer said:
i am reviving this thread. is there anyone out there who STILL has no interviews?

:(

i like that face the best because it's so pathetically sad. that's how i feel. minus the purple face.

Just submitted the last of my 20+ applications, complete at 18, still no interviews anywhere. I really want to just crawl into a hole. Yes, i know its early and yada yada, but i just want ONE.

Still nothing here, but that is expected. I had my committee interview on Friday (does that count?) so they should be mailing out my composite letter and LORs soon. I'm not worried yet...ask me again in a month or two and I might pull out the sad face. It's still so early in the game. :luck:

jammin06 said:
Just submitted the last of my 20+ applications, complete at 18, still no interviews anywhere. I really want to just crawl into a hole. Yes, i know its early and yada yada, but i just want ONE.

yes, i think you'll be ok though. your extracurriculars make me want to stick my head in a blender.

on a side note, it is getting worse by the day. i'm so nervous i'm considering starting to apply to DO schools. i'm sweatin more than a prostitute in church!

i am joining this group!!!!

can it also be a "must've been my secondaries or grades. and since i got feedback from the primaries it must be that my secondaries suck" thread too? i'm feeling insecure about my secondaries now

ok, i need to admit to something. i did something stupid and instead of dealing with it, i'm pretending it doesn't exist.

so the first few schools i sent apps to, i called to inquire about the 1 year english requirement. i took 1 semester of english, but my major was extremely writing intensive - i wrote more essays for some of those classes than i did for the english class!

the few schools i called said it wasn't a problem, and that the requirements thing is brought up if invited for an interview. at that time i stopped calling schools and assumed it was the same everywhere. when an app asks for 2 english courses, i put "name of class" (writing intensive course) for the second one.

now instead of calling schools to verify if this is ok, i'm pretending it is ok, and that i don't have to deal with it.

SpeedRacer said:
ok, i need to admit to something. i did something stupid and instead of dealing with it, i'm pretending it doesn't exist.

so the first few schools i sent apps to, i called to inquire about the 1 year english requirement. i took 1 semester of english, but my major was extremely writing intensive - i wrote more essays for some of those classes than i did for the english class!

the few schools i called said it wasn't a problem, and that the requirements thing is brought up if invited for an interview. at that time i stopped calling schools and assumed it was the same everywhere. when an app asks for 2 english courses, i put "name of class" (writing intensive course) for the second one.

now instead of calling schools to verify if this is ok, i'm pretending it is ok, and that i don't have to deal with it.

If it makes you feel any better, I doubt anyone pays great heed to the english req. Sure, you need to have it done, but it's not as pressing as say, the orgo requirement. When reviewing your app they might want to look at the orgo grades and incorporate that into the review; with English, on the other hand, you could still finish up the requirement during your senior year and have it complete before you matriculate. As long as it's complete before you matriculate, you are in good shape.

Also, many schools have a policy regarding the writing requirements of an English class; at UVa, I take a series of engineering courses that are not quite English classes per se (in the traditional liberal arts setting); however with a 20+ page writing output in the semester, these classes satisfy English writing requirements and serve to satisfy my English pre-reqs at various schools (I can show you the emails I got from some of the schools I contacted regarding this). So I guess my general message is to help calm your nerves and let you know that the (writing intensive course) you signified is appropriate and will probably be accepted, even if you made the assumption that those schools are okay with it.

Sleep well tonight :)