How did you decide on where to GO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What was the main factor that helped you decide on which Dschool to attend next fall?

• Total voters

beredsox2

The Anti Anti-Dentite
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I personally had taken all of these factors into consideration before I even started applying, however, growing up in Boston, I have always wanted to go to BU dental. It was my top choice, and therefore an easy decision. But not everyone had a clear cut top choice before they started applying, so I'm interested in knowing what others are basing their decisions on.

Members don't see this ad.

You forgot to put, "Flip a Coin" as an option. :laugh:

Interesting results thus far. I guess another factor I forgot to put up there is family reasons - like spouse's job or kids' school, but that could be grouped together with location.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's all about location, location, location.

you should have put a category about research interests.

natroncb said:
you should have put a category about research interests.

True. I wasn't thinking. :sleep:

Three things, location, great clinical and awesome facilities...

My reasons were that:
This is where I have always wanted to go
Amazing faculty
Will receive great clinical experience

But, of course, I could only select one.

BUFFALO!!!

My reasons were:
1. Amazing facilities
2. Great research and reputation
3. Cost

This is going to be a long and fun 4 years :eek:

And the winner is.......LOCATION. :cool:

If you're really stuck, flip a coin - heads for school A and tails for school B. If your initial reaction was slight dissapointment, say for school A, then you know that school B is probably your secret preference.

For me - location, student - faculty relationships, clinical experience, and just the general "this is where I'm supposed to be" feeling.

Well, I guess this is good for me, but I chose ULSD for every reason except the only school that accepted me. The one I ultimately went with was I'll receive great clinical experience.

This is where I have always wanted to go
Financial reasons
Amazing facilities (soon to be much better)
Amazing faculty
Will receive great clinical experience

Good participation on this poll. Want to keep it around as second rd acceptances will be rolling in.