Open Research Position for 2007 Reapplicants in Houston, TX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr Tricks

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I will be leaving my job as a full-time research technician in the Baylor Neonatology Department at Texas Children's Hospital. We are looking for someone to replace me ASAP or no later than by May 2006, and so I wanted to see if there are any interested pre-meds/or otherwise interested candidates in the Houston area who might want some research experience. This may be an excellent opportunity for reapplicants to enhance their resume as it did for me during this past year.

I have really enjoyed this job and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going to medical school. I was a reapplicant myself this past year and I felt that this position has strenghten my application and played a huge roll in my gaining acceptance. A year ago I found this position through SDN through one of the Texas forums and so I wanted to pass it along to someone else as well.

The position is in a microbiology/immunology lab working with different rat and mouse models to test various means to treat/prevent various types of bacterial infections. I've had many opportunities to shadow teams of neonatologists in the NICU. Along the way I've had many vivid and meaningful experiences to share during interviews as a result of being exposed firsthand to some of the issues that we are working with in our lab. Also, I have been invited to attend countless pediatrics lectures at Baylor and have learned a great deal.

Availability: Can start ASAP or no later than by May 2006
Hours: 40/wk
Employer: Baylor College of Medicine
Requirements: No prior knowledge/experience necessary.

If you're interested, please either send me a private message on SDN or email me at [email protected] with your resume or any applicable information.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Mr Tricks said:
Hi Everyone,

I will be leaving my job as a full-time research technician in the Baylor Neonatology Department at Texas Children's Hospital. We are looking for someone to replace me ASAP or no later than by May 2006, and so I wanted to see if there are any interested pre-meds/or otherwise interested candidates in the Houston area who might want some research experience. This may be an excellent opportunity for reapplicants to enhance their resume as it did for me during this past year.

I have really enjoyed this job and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going to medical school. I was a reapplicant myself this past year and I felt that this position has strenghten my application and played a huge roll in my gaining acceptance. A year ago I found this position through SDN through one of the Texas forums and so I wanted to pass it along to someone else as well.

The position is in a microbiology/immunology lab working with different rat and mouse models to test various means to treat/prevent various types of bacterial infections. I've had many opportunities to shadow teams of neonatologists in the NICU. Along the way I've had many vivid and meaningful experiences to share during interviews as a result of being exposed firsthand to some of the issues that we are working with in our lab. Also, I have been invited to attend countless pediatrics lectures at Baylor and have learned a great deal.

Availability: Can start ASAP or no later than by May 2006
Hours: 40/wk
Employer: Baylor College of Medicine
Requirements: No prior knowledge/experience necessary.

If you're interested, please either send me a private message on SDN or email me at [email protected] with your resume or any applicable information.

Thanks

dang it. I wish I had seen this earlier in the year. I did my undergrad in Houston and was actually thinking about looking for jobs back there. But I ended up applying for research jobs here at Penn...now I will be staying here in philly.

That job sounds very interesting. Oh well for me....but best of luck to you in medical school.

Go OWLS!!!!!!

Martel College 2004

this is a testament to how great SDN is. i'd apply to this but i already have my current job in orthopedic research. i'll be reapplying next year as well.