Word from Dental Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmanUT

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from any dental schools? So far I have received one payment receipt in the mail. Anyone get any secondary apps?

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from Nova a couple of days ago and I heard from UNLV today. They both just told me to fill out the supplementary app, and pay the $ if I haven't already done so.

carpedm said:
I heard from Nova a couple of days ago and I heard from UNLV today. They both just told me to fill out the supplementary app, and pay the $ if I haven't already done so.
When was ur application mailed out????

Members don't see this ad :)
So word from Nova and UNLV. Anywhere else?

Today, I received a secondary from UPenn, as well as a application acknowledgement packet from Case.

My application was mailed out on June 30th. According to AADSAS, no schools have recieved my application yet...I guess it just shows how often they update their info.

I've heard from Ohio State, UOP, and Nova just asking for secondaries. Application was mailed out July 10 in 2nd mailing

My application hasn't been mailed, but what about secondaries? Do you get them if they are interested in you, or do they send em out to just about everyone?

Also post when you submitted and when your app was mailed out.

SpikeyMike83 said:
My application hasn't been mailed, but what about secondaries? Do you get them if they are interested in you, or do they send em out to just about everyone?

just fill them out. u can dl them from their website. i think generally everyone gets secs.

I submitted my application on May 16th, mailed out June 30th. I've recieved word from Nova, UNLV, and a packet from Marquette.

Members don't see this ad :)
carpedm said:
I submitted my application on May 16th, mailed out June 30th. I've recieved word from Nova, UNLV, and a packet from Marquette.

Did you get e-mails, actual letters or AADSAS updates?

Print out mailed out July 10th. Got e-mail from Tufts and Nova only so far

Printout not mailed out yet (submitted June 7th)... BUT I just recieved an email from Nova saying that they have my AADSAS application... this is sooooo confusing!

Oh wait... 5 mins after posting my original message, they update my application!!! I'm happy and pissed at the same time :smuggrin:

prez_al said:
Printout not mailed out yet (submitted June 7th)... BUT I just recieved an email from Nova saying that they have my AADSAS application... this is sooooo confusing!

That is strange. Maybe call Nova and AADSAS to see whats going on. Mine was mailed 7/13 and I have yet to hear anything. Hopefully soon!

i got emails from tufts and nova today, application mailed out the 13th.

gpa 4.0
DAT 30/30/41
i'm the best!!

:cool:

I got the Tufts e-mail

I have a friend that also received an e-mail from Nova. His app has not been mailed out either. However, Nova has access to AADSAS online.

i got a packet from case yesterday, it wasnt a secondary application, just a list of what they still needed from me and some nifty 'why case is sweet' information packages

As of today I've received email acknowldegements from UNLV, and Nova. I've also recieved paper statements in the mail from Creighton, Case, and Marquette. Haven't checked the mail yet today, but I'm starting to get behind in filling out the secondary apps.

carpedm said:

How were you able to submit May 16th, you aren't supposed to be able to until June 1st, to make it fair for everyone.

dmfDMD said:
How were you able to submit May 16th, you aren't supposed to be able to until June 1st, to make it fair for everyone.
You could submit your application as soon as the 2007 AADSAS application was up.

i heard from Stony Brook! WOOHOO... man i want to be called in for interviews already..

submitted may 26th.. and went out in first print out.. Stony brook is pretty good w/ AADSAS cuz they informed AADSAS rite away and it was updated on my site sayin it was recieved by them.

rchuloholla said:
i heard from Stony Brook! WOOHOO... man i want to be called in for interviews already..

submitted may 26th.. and went out in first print out.. Stony brook is pretty good w/ AADSAS cuz they informed AADSAS rite away and it was updated on my site sayin it was recieved by them.

I just got e-mail from Stony Brook as well, even through my print out is not mailed out yet for this school(just added to my list recently)

Also got package from Case and Penn yesterday.

Anyone heard from other schools lately? :rolleyes:

DDS:) said:
I just got e-mail from Stony Brook as well, even through my print out is not mailed out yet for this school(just added to my list recently)

The best dental school in the country ;)

DDS:) said:

I just got an e-mail from UCSF asking for their secondary application and processing fee! Also, waiting to get the Penn package.

rchuloholla said:

Stony Brook ROCKS!!! It's where I did my undergrad, and I'm so inlove with the place... :D

OSU via email for supplemental

Got a letter from Penn saying my application is complete.

Got e-mail from UCSF as well :D ~

Got a letter from NYU saying my application is being reviewed. App mailed out 6/30.

Got confirmations from Howard and Meharry, that's about it.

Do you guys think it is a bad idea to call the schools to confirm that they received your materials? I have only been contacted by 3 out of 12 schools I applied to and the app was sent 7/13.

Got a secondary from UCLA.

Looks like we have some Harvard e-mails. Anyone else?

RDHwife said:
I've heard from Ohio State, UOP, and Nova just asking for secondaries. Application was mailed out July 10 in 2nd mailing

UOP has a secondary?

got a confirmation email from OHSU saying they have my stuff, but won't really do anything until september since they are still finalizing the class of 2006

AADSAS hasnt recieved my LORs yet, nor they have mailed out my app. But I recieved an email from Nova askin for $.

got mail from michigan and NYU~

How did you hear from Case? I recieved their app. acknowledgment today and I was just wondering how long it took from when you recieved the packet until you recieved the invite. Did they notify you by mail? Thanks.

futrdentist said:
Was the UCLA secondary paper or online?

i got a postcard that said to go online to fill out the secondary

kokobean said:
i got a postcard that said to go online to fill out the secondary

when did u get the postcard

Yea, I got a postcard from UCLA on 7/24.

kokobean said:
same here 7/24

well looks like i got bitch slapped, from my own school, it freaking hurts. I guess I will get over it.

cbc32 said:
How did you hear from Case? I recieved their app. acknowledgment today and I was just wondering how long it took from when you recieved the packet until you recieved the invite. Did they notify you by mail? Thanks.

Just got interview invites today :D , got their package 10 days ago~