Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
82
0
California
Status
Pre-Dental
dippedindettol said:
got my letter today: NOVA interview on october 4th
Not fair. :( So it just came via snail mail and had a number in it for you to call to set up an interview?
 

Leeuwenhoek

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
174
0
Status
Has anyone heard from BU yet? Seems odd that they are so late in requesting the secondaries. Especially compared with previous years.
 

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
82
0
California
Status
Pre-Dental
nope.
 
About the Ads
OP
E

EmanUT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
215
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
My update. I am complete at a little more than half of my schools. I have sent in all the secondaries I have received and awaiting some more. I have heard nothing from Maryland and BU.
 

RockstarDMD

sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
501
0
Accepted
Status
SRW26 said:
Anyone who was in the 7/17 mailing or later get a postcard from UCLA yet? I'm getting impatient, lol :p
Was in the 7/17 mailing. Received a yellow postcard from UCLA. :thumbup:
 

Snoopy903171

Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2006
40
0
Status
Pre-Dental
are we supposed to send a secondary or pay the fee for tufts or NYU once we receive their correspondance? because it didnt say to do so in the letter
 

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
82
0
California
Status
Pre-Dental
Finally got my UCLA postcard...I was in the June 30th mailing tho.
 

aurora507

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
113
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Snoopy903171 said:
are we supposed to send a secondary or pay the fee for tufts or NYU once we receive their correspondance? because it didnt say to do so in the letter
You pay the Tufts fee after they receive your application and send you an email requesting the $. NYU you should pay the fee the same time AADSAS sends them your app.
 

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
7,173
241
Status
Non-Student
So far I've got emails from: ASDOH, UNLV and NOVA, all with secondary requests. No mail yet b/c it's waiting for me at school (ack only a week away!!!)
 

SRW26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
179
0
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
aurora507 said:
You didn't get a really weird short email from Harvard containing a nonexistent link?
I wonder if the weird non-link is related to the "Special Notice to Applicants for Fall 2007" link on the admissions info page (http://www.hsdm.harvard.edu/asp-html/prospective.html), which does not work, lol. Now I'm curious what this special notice might be :p

Oh, Pacific's "Application Status" page now works for those of us applying the cycle. You can enter your ID number and such to check on your status. Though it appears all of our info isn't entered there yet (says they haven't received my fee, even though they sent me a receipt a few weeks ago). :)
 

SRW26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
179
0
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
RockstarDMD said:
Was in the 7/17 mailing. Received a yellow postcard from UCLA. :thumbup:
Ah well, I'll continue eagerly awaiting my mail each afternoon, hehe. At least I'm almost done filling out the form from their site, so I'll be able to send it promptly once I receive my beloved postcard *fingers crossed* :)
 
OP
E

EmanUT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
215
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
SRW26 said:
I wonder if the weird non-link is related to the "Special Notice to Applicants for Fall 2007" link on the admissions info page (http://www.hsdm.harvard.edu/asp-html/prospective.html), which does not work, lol. Now I'm curious what this special notice might be :p
Hmm...that might be a secondary application link. I guess only time will tell.
 
About the Ads

RockstarDMD

sUcCeSs iS mY OnLY OpTioN
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 17, 2005
501
0
Accepted
Status
SRW26 said:
Ah well, I'll continue eagerly awaiting my mail each afternoon, hehe. At least I'm almost done filling out the form from their site, so I'll be able to send it promptly once I receive my beloved postcard *fingers crossed* :)
Don't they send the postcard to all applicants? Or do they pre-screen?
 

SRW26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
179
0
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
RockstarDMD said:
Don't they send the postcard to all applicants? Or do they pre-screen?
Hmmm, I'm not sure. It appears UCSF did a screening of some sort, but I don't know about UCLA.
 

dippedindettol

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2006
145
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Lucass said:
Not fair. :( So it just came via snail mail and had a number in it for you to call to set up an interview?


no they sent justin timberlake to serenade me outside my house. i wanted rihanna. no fair ! i whined abbout it then :( !
 

utahdent123

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
377
0
Status
I received an invitation via the mail to interview at Nova today.
 

SFPredent

Member
10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
122
0
35
San Francisco
Status
Pre-Dental
So far I have and email from Harvard (no secondary, what?), email from UCSF with secondary, postcard about secondary from UCLA (high school transcript, really?), Penn secondary letter in snail mail, and UOP payment recept. Did anyone get a UOP or Harvard secondary? Anyone heard from USC? Good luck all!!!
 

SRW26

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
179
0
Visit site
Status
Dental Student
SFPredent said:
Did anyone get a UOP or Harvard secondary? Anyone heard from USC? Good luck all!!!
Nope.. I think Harvard doesn't ask for additional info until you're invited for an interview. I'm pretty sure UOP doesn't have a secondary?

Edit: Yay, my UCLA postcard arrived just a moment ago :) Oy, they want a high school transcript? :p
 

Leeuwenhoek

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
174
0
Status
utahdent123 said:
I received an invitation via the mail to interview at Nova today. The interview is for Septemeber 15th. Wohoo! My application was mailed out on July 10th for those wondering if they will be getting one soon.
Do you know when they received your secondary form which needed to be mailed in?
 

DDS:)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
452
0
Status
Dental Student
utahdent123 said:
I received an invitation via the mail to interview at Nova today. The interview is for Septemeber 15th. Wohoo! My application was mailed out on July 10th for those wondering if they will be getting one soon.

When u submit the secondary online??
 
OP
E

EmanUT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
215
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
SFPredent said:
So far I have and email from Harvard (no secondary, what?), email from UCSF with secondary, postcard about secondary from UCLA (high school transcript, really?), Penn secondary letter in snail mail, and UOP payment recept. Did anyone get a UOP or Harvard secondary? Anyone heard from USC? Good luck all!!!
I got a payment receipt from USC in the mail the first week of July.
 

Leeuwenhoek

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
174
0
Status
DDS:) said:
When u submit the secondary online??
I don't think it matters when the secondary payment was submitted online as you would still need to print off the confirmation letter and sign it for mailing. I believe after they receive this letter they begin to review your application and send out the invite.
 
About the Ads

utahdent123

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
377
0
Status
Leeuwenhoek said:
I don't think it matters when the secondary payment was submitted online as you would still need to print off the confirmation letter and sign it for mailing. I believe after they receive this letter they begin to review your application and send out the invite.
Application complete on July 20th, including secondary, signature page, and payment.
 

messenger

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
214
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
does nova tell you when they receive your signaturre page, or anything else? to make sure?
 

Mackerel

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
123
0
Status
Dental Student
I got an interview offer from Nova for Oct 4 also
 

utahdent123

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
377
0
Status
messenger said:
does nova tell you when they receive your signaturre page, or anything else? to make sure?
I haved received an email after they have received each item. AADSAS app, DAT Score, Signature page, etc.
 

Leeuwenhoek

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2004
174
0
Status
utahdent123 said:
I haved received an email after they have received each item. AADSAS app, DAT Score, Signature page, etc.
It's odd they don't update their website to correspond to the emails :confused: . My status online just says I've paid and the slots next to the official transcripts and LORs and VISA is blank. I received the emails for the AADSAS app, Signature page, LORs, but not the DAT scores. Hmm, I should call them up to see if they have received them.
 

munch22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
82
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Anyone else interviewing at Nova on September 14? Does anyone know anything about the application process there?
 

DDS:)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
452
0
Status
Dental Student
I submitted my nova online app. july 17th, and signature page was received july 20th as well, but still didnt hear anything from them yet. :(
 

jtsai256

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
32
0
Status
Dental Student
Submitted June 15, mailed out July 27. Sent in payments to USC, UoP, and NYU on June 15, Tufts on July 28 when they emailed me.

Received receipt from USC, letters from UoP and NYU acknowledging my application, and an email from Tufts. All checks cashed except Tufts.

No word on: UCLA, UCSF, LLU, BU

Also checked UoP's online tool. Shows that I have not paid yet despite the fact I received a letter from them... they probably just haven't updated yet.
 

messenger

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
214
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
those you have already received an interview from nova.....
did they have all your LORs and other stuff that is on the status page? or did they invite without the letters yet, but from dat scores, addsas app?
thank you. :)
 

munch22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
82
0
Status
Pre-Dental
Nova does not have all of my LOR...I am so irritated I cannot get my proff's to send them off even though I asked several months ago! But atleast it didn't hurt me at NOVA.
 
About the Ads

DDS:)

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2005
452
0
Status
Dental Student
Got letter from temple today, wants the money from me~
 

messenger

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
214
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
munch22 said:
Nova does not have all of my LOR...I am so irritated I cannot get my proff's to send them off even though I asked several months ago! But atleast it didn't hurt me at NOVA.
same here! i told them months ago to send, but nothing still, i write them all the time and tell them to hurry too!
but i hope to get an interview without out them for now, like you.

anyone else get interviews without LORs? :)
 

SugarNaCl

Dental Student
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2006
1,869
6
Akron, OH
Status
Dentist
Same for me concerning Temple... fork over the cash :) That makes Temple, Louisville, NYU, Meharry, Howard and Tufts that I have heard from... thinking if there were any others...not yet?
 

munch22

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2006
82
0
Status
Pre-Dental
messenger said:
same here! i told them months ago to send, but nothing still, i write them all the time and tell them to hurry too!
but i hope to get an interview without out them for now, like you.

anyone else get interviews without LORs? :)
Thats exactly what I have been doing. I mean how long does it really take if they are just willing to sit down and do it. I understand they probably have other students who need letters for what they want; but, I feel like our application process starts much earlier than most graduate schools etc. so we probably asked much earlier than the others. It is so frustrating, b/c I have done everything in my power to apply early. This is my life they are playing with.
 

aurora507

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 18, 2006
113
0
Status
Pre-Dental
a while ago, received letter from UConn saying application was complete and being reviewed
 

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
82
0
California
Status
Pre-Dental
messenger said:
those you have already received an interview from nova.....
did they have all your LORs and other stuff that is on the status page? or did they invite without the letters yet, but from dat scores, addsas app?
thank you. :)
got my interview for September 15th! they had all my stuff in--LOR's, DAT, etc. Anybody else have theirs on the 15th?
 

RDHwife

Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
162
3
Status
Pre-Dental
So are the only schools that have extended interview invites:

-Case Western
-Nova
-San ANtonio
-BAylor

ANY OTHERS?????
 

jorUW

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
233
0
Seattle
Status
Dental Student
I was out of town this weekend, but it looks like I recieved a supplemental from UW on saturday. Check your mail tomorrow if you're not in the area! It's looking like UW does their mailouts on fridays.
 

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
7,173
241
Status
Non-Student
jorUW said:
I was out of town this weekend, but it looks like I recieved a supplemental from UW on saturday. Check your mail tomorrow if you're not in the area! It's looking like UW does their mailouts on fridays.
I can't wait 'till I get back to Pullman next week, because I listed my address up there and had the post office hold all my mail.

It's like Christmas eve!
 

Mackerel

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2006
123
0
Status
Dental Student
messenger said:
those you have already received an interview from nova.....
did they have all your LORs and other stuff that is on the status page? or did they invite without the letters yet, but from dat scores, addsas app?
thank you. :)
I didnt have any LOR's in nor did I have my app fee paid at the time of the invite.
 

messenger

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2006
214
0
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
what is snail mail....and also, how long after you submitted your app did you get the invite from nova, mackeral?
 

jorUW

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2006
233
0
Seattle
Status
Dental Student
messenger said:
what is snail mail....and also, how long after you submitted your app did you get the invite from nova, mackeral?
snail mail is "normal" mail that you get in your mail box at home
 
OP
E

EmanUT

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
215
1
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Still waiting for interview invites and secondaries...I hate seeing the mailbox empty!
 

jtsai256

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
32
0
Status
Dental Student
Received UCSF Secondary today 8/7/06

see my previous post above for my AADSAS dates
 
About the Ads