Transcripts found to be incomplete one month after; need advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertyyy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am so mad and so lost that any advice would be helpful; so here's my story:
i had my college send transcripts to amcas and a week later amcas tells me that transcripts were received and application is ready for review. that was one month ago. fast forward one month and now they tell me that my application is now put back on hold because my transcripts are missing one semester (fall 2005) ..... i contact my college and they say that they sent my entire transcript and that it does not make sense to have only this one semester to be missing because fall 2005 on the same page with several other semesters .... i contact amcas and they say that their verifiers are very thorough and that fall 2005 is in fact missing; they also told me to resend the transcripts ......

i don't know what to do; my college says with certainty that my transcripts were complete; amcas says they're not ... if i resend them, who's to say that come october they'll just tell me again that fall 2005 is missing (since it took them month to fugure it out this first time) ... also, how unfair is it that they wait one month to tell me that "oh, we made a mistake, your transcripts were in fact incomplete" ... i know it is the applicant's responsibility to submit things in a timely manner, but how am i suppose to know that my transcipts were incomplete when they told me that transcripts were complete ...

so does anyone have any numbers i can call aside from the one on their website because all the customer service representatives tell me that they can't access my transcripts from their computers .....

Members don't see this ad.

c'est la vie

qwertyyy said:
i had my college send transcripts to amcas and a week later amcas tells me that transcripts were received and application is ready for review. that was one month ago. fast forward one month and now they tell me that my application is now put back on hold because my transcripts are missing one semester (fall 2005) ..... i contact my college and they say that they sent my entire transcript and that it does not make sense to have only this one semester to be missing because fall 2005 on the same page with several other semesters .... i contact amcas and they say that their verifiers are very thorough and that fall 2005 is in fact missing; they also told me to resend the transcripts ......

i don't know what to do; my college says with certainty that my transcripts were complete; amcas says they're not ... if i resend them, who's to say that come october they'll just tell me again that fall 2005 is missing (since it took them month to fugure it out this first time) ... also, how unfair is it that they wait one month to tell me that "oh, we made a mistake, your transcripts were in fact incomplete" ... i know it is the applicant's responsibility to submit things in a timely manner, but how am i suppose to know that my transcipts were incomplete when they told me that transcripts were complete ...

so does anyone have any numbers i can call aside from the one on their website because all the customer service representatives tell me that they can't access my transcripts from their computers .....

AMCAS sucks. I know how it is to deal with them. They know they are the monopoly in this process and they act like it. Send your transcripts again and kindly request AMCAS to fast-track the verification process.

Members don't see this ad :)
qwertyyy said:

Go to this link posted below. Here was someone with a similar situation yesterday. Good luck!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=306328

Hey I'm feeling your pain I have a similar story. I sent in my transcript on june 1st and amcas told me they received it a week later. Then I submitted my app on june 28th. I was placed in line for review for almost a month until july 24 when I was put under review. And two days later they sent me an e-mail stating they needed another transcript from a school that I took 3 courses at transiently. The sad part about the whole situation is that I took the 3 courses at a cc that is on my university campus just to save some money because I was paying out of state fees. And the whole point of taking courses transiently is so they are put on your university transcript. So amcas has a transcript with the 3 grades on it, but they want another transcript with the same 3 grades on it from the cc. So I got this sent on the july 27 and my status is that my app is on hold until they receive the transcript. I called in today and they told me that I will have to be placed back in line (ready for review) and the latest possible date that I will be verified is sometime in mid september. So no secondaries for me. Sucks to be me. Sorry I put my sad story on your thread. :( :(

qwertyyy said:

qwertyyy -

know this - you are not alone. so you're now a month late, what exactly do you want AMCAS to do to fix it? Come up with some reasonable things you want AMCAS to do, then call them, keep asking the person if they will do these things. If they say no, then keep asking for the person's supervisor, until you've gone up the chain of command to where the people will actually get things done for you. Visit the link someone posted above for what should be happening for me, and what I asked them to do.