Boston Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

inka868

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is the general ranking of the Boston programs? Would I be correct in assuming:

1. Brigham
2. Beth Israel
3. Tufts
4. BU

?

Members don't see this ad.

They all suck! I interviewed with all of them last year and was really disappointed.

Brigham - poor quality of clinical training; people are not very friendly; they have big name, but I think that knowing how to take care of your patients is more important.....

BID - malignant

Tufts - you have to rotate through 6 different hospitals and overall you won't receive good clinical training; residents were unhappy

BU- malignant; they loose at least 1 resident per year (out of 4!)

Good luck!

They all suck! I interviewed with all of them last year and was really disappointed.

Brigham - poor quality of clinical training; people are not very friendly; they have big name, but I think that knowing how to take care of your patients is more important.....

BID - malignant

Tufts - you have to rotate through 6 different hospitals and overall you won't receive good clinical training; residents were unhappy

Good luck!

wow. anyone want to confirm or deny?

Members don't see this ad :)

BID - malignant

Good luck!

I do not have any personal experience with any of these programs but based upon what I have heard from other people and knowing residents at Brigham I agree with most of above. The only thing I disaqgree with is the above opinion on BID -- I have heard very good things about this program and have been told by more than one person that BID is really the most desirable program in Boston (even though Brigham may have a "bigger" name).

As an Ob/Gyn resident at the Brigham I cannot imagine why anyone would think my program sucks. I could go off about how much more likely it is that YOU suck but that would be unbecoming of a physician from such a fine institution. Our clinical training is superb, our faculty top notch and the residents (of course) are the best this country has to offer. To those interested in our program, disregard the immature rants you see here. We are a cool, down to earth, friendly bunch....check us out for yourself.

As an Ob/Gyn resident at the Brigham I cannot imagine why anyone would think my program sucks. I could go off about how much more likely it is that YOU suck but that would be unbecoming of a physician from such a fine institution. Our clinical training is superb, our faculty top notch and the residents (of course) are the best this country has to offer. To those interested in our program, disregard the immature rants you see here. We are a cool, down to earth, friendly bunch....check us out for yourself.

I have a friend who is a resident there and he says it "BLOWS". That is direct quote!

B and W has a great name, and the faculty are at the top of their game....you may get good clinical training there, but however I think your surgical training would lack...too much competition with 4ths and fellows.

Tuft's is a good program...NEMC is huge, but they do rotate you around a bit, and during those Boston winters..it can be a real drag.

My choice of the two would be Tufts.....the others don't compare...also try considering a community program somewhere....better surgical volume.

Matt

PhysicianLiving (online magazine)