Official PCOM Class of 2011!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rub1003

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say congratulations to my prospective future classmates!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello. I didn't realize the PCOM 2011 thread had already been created. I started one on the pre-osteopathic forum because I thought that's where it would be.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=331325

Sorry I didn't see this one earlier, though. Nevertheless, I will be seeing you guys next year. Perhaps I will even meet many of you at the luncheon on Friday, December 8 at Evans Hall.

Congratulations to everyone on their acceptance. Can't wait to start!

Members don't see this ad :)
i just wanted to say congradulations from the class of 2010!

PCOM IS AN AWESOME PLACE TO BE! im a first year and i absolutely love it here... if you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

Michelle
PCOM 2010

Congrats guys! Hope to join you in a couple months (GPA just got calculated yesterday, so, I'm a little beind in the game). PCOM seems like an awesome school. Have fun!

hello,
congrats to everyone who is accepted and good luck to everyone applying. i got my acceptance letter last week and i am deciding between PCOM and UMDNJ-SOM. i've read through some threads of the past and it seems that it's a pretty common decision that people have to make. still have no clue what to do though...

:luck: :luck: :luck:
bigfatk

I'll be the 2nd person from the Class of 2010 to wish you guys congratulations. I can't wait to see everyone next year!!:thumbup:

Opened my acceptance letter today! I am looking forward to meeting all of you next year if not sooner!

you going to the luncheon in december? meet you there =)

I am planning on going to the luncheon since I live pretty close. I will see you all there!

Sean

Congratulations and welcome to PCOM.

Lookin forward to meeting all you fine people!

PCOM 2011

can a moderator combine the two pcom class of 2011 together? less confusing that way.

Thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if PCOM has anything for setting up roomates. i am coming from oklahoma and definatly don't know anyone in philly

does anyone know if PCOM has anything for setting up roomates. i am coming from oklahoma and definatly don't know anyone in philly

Next year sometime you will recieve a binder with your username/password to login to Nucleus.

Through Nucleus you can check your PCOM email, blackboard, chat with other students, and join clubs/groups. You will be automatically added to the PCOM class of 2011 group and you can post on the message board asking for a roommate or respond to other people's posts. (like SDN...haha...another addiction).

Oh yea, you will also be able to join the Housing group and that gives you more options for finding a roommate. (Getting an apt with a 2nd/3rd/4th year..or BioMed students)

If you have any other questions, just shoot me a PM.

Hey guys. I just got in on Sunday and I absolutely loved the school. Seems like an awesome place to be. Looking forward to meeting all of you next year.

Yay! PCOM!

What are you all wearing to lunch on Friday? Buisness-casual?
No more suits, right?

I called and asked and they said no suit was needed so I was going with business casual. See you there!

ladies--
did you decide what to wear on the luncheon on 12/8?

Rachael,

I'm just planning to wear brown dressier pants and a button down long sleeved shirt. It's going to be way too cold this Friday to wear a skirt! See you all there!

is there anything like the luncheon scheduled for next semster? finals start next week for us, and since im from oklahoma it would be a hell of a trip.

Rachael,

I'm just planning to wear brown dressier pants and a button down long sleeved shirt. It's going to be way too cold this Friday to wear a skirt! See you all there!

Good thinking--
I really want to wear a skirt, so I'll guess I'll wait and see how cold it'll really bed on Friday. I figure we won't be walking around that much, right?

Are there any current PCOM students who are reading this that went to a luncheon in a previous year? What will our day entail?

Good thinking--
I really want to wear a skirt, so I'll guess I'll wait and see how cold it'll really bed on Friday. I figure we won't be walking around that much, right?

Are there any current PCOM students who are reading this that went to a luncheon in a previous year? What will our day entail?

The december luncheon last year was canceled due to snow. Whats wild is that it is suppose to snow again this friday, unless the weather channel changed its forecast.

The april luncheon was fun. The luncheon itself is pretty short, maybe 3 hrs. You will hear the Director of admissions talk, President/CEO of PCOM, and Dean speak to you about PCOM and what to expect in the years to come. (At least thats what they talked to us about in April...i'm betting it is going to be roughly the same)
:rolleyes:

The december luncheon last year was canceled due to snow. Whats wild is that it is suppose to snow again this friday, unless the weather channel changed its forecast.

The april luncheon was fun. The luncheon itself is pretty short, maybe 3 hrs. You will hear the Director of admissions talk, President/CEO of PCOM, and Dean speak to you about PCOM and what to expect in the years to come. (At least thats what they talked to us about in April...i'm betting it is going to be roughly the same)
:rolleyes:

Okay sounds great--I hope it is not cancelled!!

Hey everyone! I got accepted to PCOM a couple weeks ago! Can't wait to meet everyone this Friday! :)

Hey guys, I just got accepted to PCOM, too. But I have a question...I just finished Organic II with a C. Will or can they withdraw my acceptance for that? I don't think so, but I'm just a little nervous.

Hey guys, I just got accepted to PCOM, too. But I have a question...I just finished Organic II with a C. Will or can they withdraw my acceptance for that? I don't think so, but I'm just a little nervous.

No.:sleep:

Ok, I'm confused. Why is someone who is going to LECOM posting on the PCOM acceptance thread, answering questions about what PCOM will or will not do in response to post-acceptance grades? :confused:

They can withdraw your acceptance based on your Senior grades. (just dont fail any classes and you will be fine)

So I just decided on PCOM and am sending my deposit in tomorrow!!! Im excited and nervous....and wish I could attend the luncheon tomorrow....but I waited too long to decide between UNECOM and PCOM and I live in Providence, RI.....I hope I made the right decision!!!!

YAY philly

So I just decided on PCOM and am sending my deposit in tomorrow!!! Im excited and nervous....and wish I could attend the luncheon tomorrow....but I waited too long to decide between UNECOM and PCOM and I live in Providence, RI.....I hope I made the right decision!!!!

YAY philly

same here!! I wish I could have come to the luncheon, but by the time I decided on PCOM vs UNECOM, it was too late for plane tickets (from NH). Maybe there'll be another luncheon coming up soonish... :) who went yesterday? how did it go..?

same here!! I wish I could have come to the luncheon, but by the time I decided on PCOM vs UNECOM, it was too late for plane tickets (from NH). Maybe there'll be another luncheon coming up soonish... :) who went yesterday? how did it go..?

They usually have one in april too.

Yay!, just found out I got accepted! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! Very excited about PCOM!

Congrats! See you next year...

Did you guys receive any confirmation or any other information after you sent in your $250 deposit?

Did you guys receive any confirmation or any other information after you sent in your $250 deposit?

cashing the check is your confirmation...... it also takes them a couple of weeks to do that

cashing the check is your confirmation...... it also takes them a couple of weeks to do that

I was hoping for something more official, but I can live with that :D

I was hoping for something more official, but I can live with that :D

they sent a reminder email out a week before it was due, and they said they would send a confirmation letter. I was close to the deadline though so I called to check (haven't gotten the letter yet, they had my check as of 12/15).

You'll get a one-page letter saying the usual "welcome" and that you'll be receiving more information (on things like housing/financial aid/etc) in early January. I think it also reminds you that the next deposit is due in April. Be patient :D

The school received my deposit on Tuesday, December 12th and I received a confirmation in the mail I think a maybe 5-7 days later.....no information except that they will need a copy of transcripts before matriculating! Seems all sooo far away...but I'm sure it will be here before we know it!

On behalf of the graduating class of OMM Fellows I congratulate all of you on your acceptance and eventual matriculation to PCOM.

I can assure you that the remaining OMM Fellows are intelligent, compassionate and willing to work hard to guide you in your OMM education.

If I may, let me offer some advice for a successfull time at PCOM...

Relax...many of you will go through some wonderful and some awful things while at PCOM. There will be marriages, divorces, births, deaths...all surrounded by a giant cloud of uncertainty. You will all get through it if you take it one step at a time.

Help...help eachother. You are all working towards the same goal, to become an excellent osteopathic physician. Getting to the top of the class means nothing if you need to step on friends and future colleagues to do so. Remember...they will be your partners, referalls and best advertising some day.

Absorb...the information will fly at you faster than you can catch it. Taking a drink from a fire hydrant is a common analogy and that is pretty damn accurate. Take in what you can and read as much as you can. Never stop learning...your professors are still learning too.

Listen...the upperclassmen know what they are talking about. TRUST me on this one. As much as you may think you know, the premed is NOT the top of the foodchain (wait for the gasp to end). You are all the "best of the best" from college...but only a few of you will be the best at PCOM. If you want to be the best, learn from the best...those who have come before you.

Humility...you are a medical student. You are not an attending. Nurses, PAs, NPs, CNAs, EMTs...all of them have something to teach you. Be an educator and be a student. Your role is no more important than the good people who work in the cafeteria (and believe me, at PCOM those folks will tell you that straight up if you get an attitude). You are going to be a doctor...act like it. Be the leader. Set the example. Be the physician that gets a smile and nod of respect as you walk off the floor...not the one who gets a head shake and the middle finger.

Family...not only your family but the PCOM family. I was once rotating with a spunky 3rd year (while I was a 5th year) who knew she was good, but she would give you the white coat off her back. One day on rotations a student from another school (who was a 4th year) started to talk down to her...give her a little attitude. This third year stood her ground. "At PCOM we treat eachother with respect...we're a family here and if you can't act properly, then you're not welcome here." She was right. We take care of our own at PCOM. We welcome visitors with open arms and treat them like we would want to be treated. It sounds corny and very "Lifetime Movie-ish", but its the truth. Take care of your classmates and they will take care of you.

Give..."ask not what your school can do for you, but what you can do for your school." I said that...no one else. ;) PCOM will provide you with the most powerful education in the world...the chance to become a physician. Give back to the school...doesnt have to be money or a new lecture hall, just your time.

Represent...remember that wherever you go you have the letters P-C-O-M on your coat. People will think better (or worse) of our school because of you. Wear the letters proudly and make your professors proud.

Just like the students who came before you worked to make things better for you by setting a positive example on rotations and in residency, you do the same.

With any luck I will have some small part in your education (as an intern and/or resident). It would be my pleasure.

If anyone ever has a question please feel free to PM me here. I will do my best to help in any way I can.

Again...you are now part of the PCOM family.

Congratulations and welcome.

Thanks for the info JimmiesChick and PCgirl!

And thanks for the advice JPH!