Official PCOM Class of 2011!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PCOM Class of 2011!!!!! Woohoooooooooo. OMG what a relief!:D

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm about 99.9% sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I'm about 99.9% sure.

Congratulations and welcome from the Class of 2008!!! :)

Go PCOM! Anybody else from South Jersey? Or go to a private liberal arts school??

Go PCOM! Anybody else from South Jersey? Or go to a private liberal arts school??

Yes, do keep the name of that school confidential. Heaven help you if that gets out. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Congrats to everyone accepted into the class of 2011!!!

Wow, thanks for the advice JP! now i'm even more excited! Happy New Year everyone!

wow, we're an awfully quite bunch!

see you all in the fall :)

I guess its about time I say hello. I will also be joining the PCOM class of 2011. I received my "Getting Started" binder today. It was way exciting! Anyone else get it?

I guess its about time I say hello. I will also be joining the PCOM class of 2011. I received my "Getting Started" binder today. It was way exciting! Anyone else get it?

still waiting for mine... eager to get it :) when did you send your deposit in?

no I didn't get mine yet! I'm jealous!

Members don't see this ad :)
still waiting for mine... eager to get it :) when did you send your deposit in?

I sent my deposit in during the first week of December. The binder give you your log-in information for Nucleus. Its a pretty cool program. I logged into it and it lets you see all the names of the people in our class so far. It looks like about 110 people so far. Very exciting :)

Darn.. I sent mine in the last week of November. I'm anxious to log in to nucleus and check it out.. I hope mine's in the mail :D

Darn.. I sent mine in the last week of November. I'm anxious to log in to nucleus and check it out.. I hope mine's in the mail :D

I'm sure it is. I only live about 15 minutes from PCOM so there isn't much travel time for mail from them to me.

Where are the rest of you from?

I'm from State College, PA (Where PSU is for anyone not from PA) :thumbup:

Hi everyone! :) I got accepted to PCOM in early October and am VERY excited! :D I had sent in my $250 deposit at that time and still have yet to submit my final deposit. Do we get the "Getting Started" information after paying the first or the final deposit?

i'm from baltimore. still in shock and super bummed about the ravens, hopefully this packet will come soon to cheer me up!

I'm sure it is. I only live about 15 minutes from PCOM so there isn't much travel time for mail from them to me.

Where are the rest of you from?

I'm from NY, the Hudson Valley region, I live about an hour from Manhattan. I'm currently in Albany finishing up my last semester.

Hi everyone! :) I got accepted to PCOM in early October and am VERY excited! :D I had sent in my $250 deposit at that time and still have yet to submit my final deposit. Do we get the "Getting Started" information after paying the first or the final deposit?

They send the binder after you submit the $250 deposit. The second deposit, which is $2000, isn't due until April 15. Thank goodness because I definitely need the time to save up. That will be a painful check to write. I guess I better get used to it though!

i'm from baltimore. still in shock and super bummed about the ravens, hopefully this packet will come soon to cheer me up!

I feel your pain, rub. I'm a big Eagles fan. Saurday night bummed me out big time. :(

<P>Thanks for your response SilleAngyl!&nbsp; Looking forward to meeting everyone!!</P>

I'm so happy I got "the" binder today! It's so well put together, really impressive! I live in the North Jersey/NYC area so those of you in this area who are still waiting to receive it should be getting it sometime soon! :)

Hello and congratulations to all

You have embarked in what could truly be the best experience in your life

Look forward to being one of you guys's big bro

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to PM ask, send smoke signals...you get the idea :thumbup:

Thanks medhacker :) I got my binder yesterday as well. This makes me excited for August.. and even more excited to relax and enjoy my last (and relatively easy) semester of undergrad. :thumbup:

I also got my binder yesterday. Finally cleared up some questions...but how can a town be called 4 other different names?

Yes, that $2,000 check will indeed be painful to write. But what's EVEN MORE painful is that the first page of your welcome binder gives you the breakdown of the first years expenses: $39,000.

Yes, that $2,000 check will indeed be painful to write. But what's EVEN MORE painful is that the first page of your welcome binder gives you the breakdown of the first years expenses: $39,000.

of course that doesn't include our living expenses and such. Thank God for loan companies and their love of medical students.

finally got my binder yesterday. Its nice and very helpful.

for those interested, pcom class of '11 now has a facebook group!

yup that's the one!

hey guys! glad to see everyone's as excited as i am to get started at PCOM. i'm going next week to look at the beekman place apartments, from what i've read, that's our best bet for housing. if anyone else has any other good tips, pass them along. look forward to meeting everybody! :)

uh oh...a lot of people seem to be interested at beekman place...

yea, when i called, the lady said she already had two deposits down for the first apartments available.

I am a second year and have been at beekman both years so far, feel free to PM me if you have questions. Its a great place, a little more expensive than some other surrounding apartments but I have no hassles. I have heard stories from friends of mice, bees, break-ins etc.. and have nothing like that at beekman, it is very well kept and safe, but again a little more expensive. The only other thing I like about it besides the small community and realitively little headaches is that it is half a mile from school so I walk. Some people that live here drive, but really I need the time to clear my head, I only get gas like once a month and I don't have to pay for a parking pass. Again, if you have any questions about it feel free to PM me.

-Matt-

I am a second year and have been at beekman both years so far, feel free to PM me if you have questions. Its a great place, a little more expensive than some other surrounding apartments but I have no hassles. I have heard stories from friends of mice, bees, break-ins etc.. and have nothing like that at beekman, it is very well kept and safe, but again a little more expensive. The only other thing I like about it besides the small community and realitively little headaches is that it is half a mile from school so I walk. Some people that live here drive, but really I need the time to clear my head, I only get gas like once a month and I don't have to pay for a parking pass. Again, if you have any questions about it feel free to PM me.

-Matt-

hey matt,
a fellow pcomer and I are considering staying in imperial towers in august. have you heard anything about that place? thanks for any input.

I was wondering what kind of apartment you have beekman...the one-bedroom, studio, or junior one-bedroom? Would you recommend living by yourself or getting a roommate your first year at PCOM?

hey matt,
a fellow pcomer and I are considering staying in imperial towers in august. have you heard anything about that place? thanks for any input.
I was wondering what kind of apartment you have beekman...the one-bedroom, studio, or junior one-bedroom? Would you recommend living by yourself or getting a roommate your first year at PCOM?

I'll 2nd Beekman place....I've been here for the past 2 years and will be staying for a third....I'm in a studio

About the roommate thing....I would rec. living w/ someone ONLY if you knew the person beforehand and are confident that you will get along. 1st year of med school is no time for those kind of conflicts...you will be stressed enough as it is. You can always go in w/ the plan of living by yourself for the 1st year and then maybe finding someone in your class to live w/ for the next year. I definitely would have lived w/ a classmate this year, but I have a girlfriend who sort of lives here half the time....

heyyyy....i know you!!!....lol...i'm glad to see you on and it all worked out...be good!...i'll talk to you soon!

just got my acceptance today. Looks like I will be joining you this august!

I'm pretty excited to be heading down to PCOM for the next four years maybe more. Congrats to everyone.

Anyone else attending the class of 2011 brunch on 03/31 @ 11:00am?

at 11:00 am? I thought it said something super early like 8:00 am??