Feinberg November Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneDayDoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed at N'western, they said they make a first round of admissions to a few people in November and the rest are made next year. Does anyone out there know when in November they are supposed to release these decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

when i called the office they told me the sent rejections out and they also sent out the admission offers...so I dunno what's going on...

Members don't see this ad :)
did you call today jessy?

also, the mail systems in big schools are often convoluted. so, if they sent them out 3 days ago, they might just now be getting to the post office.

Whoa, crazy. I thought it was the very end of November. I loved Northwestern. Is everything by mail, or any e-mail notices?

status page still says decision pending. did anybody's change?

Yeah, mine says a final decision is pending on your application, as well. Fingers-crossed, good luck all.

Anybody know if they'll give you the decision over the phone, if you call?

When I interviewed there the assistant dean said she would try to call us, and that is what they did last year according to the 2006 wall of fame. Also, the students who led us around said that an acceptance is a small envelope, so don't faint if you get one.

Oh, that's terrible to put it in a small envelope. Guess I just have to hold out hope and have mini-attacks everytime I get a phone call or mail now.

Oh, that's terrible to put it in a small envelope. Guess I just have to hold out hope and have mini-attacks everytime I get a phone call or mail now.

Or you could call and ask. I would, but I am way too scared.

Yeah, I'm debating. I'd rather someone posted saying that they'll actually tell you over the phone. Then, I would know...and stress even more because I would have to conjure the guts to do it. Sigh. I was doing fine, I thought I had weeks before Northwestern would release, and now this happens. Curse you, SDN.

The first posting of a NW acceptance last year was on a Monday, but I don't think it said whether it was via phone call/email/snail.

Members don't see this ad :)
The first posting of a NW acceptance last year was on a Monday, but I don't think it said whether it was via phone call/email/snail.
they won't tell you the decision if you call, UNLESS you don't get the letter/email by the date listed in the decision.

My status page hasn't changed....I think I called on Tuesday.

Good, now I just have to sit and wait. Good luck all.

jessy, do you happen to know what the date listed in the decision is? if not, will that be found on the status page, after they update it of course?

Last Year's Wall of Fame said:
Northwestern (Feinberg): Deadoralive (call), ivy91 (call: 11/21), vn2004 (call), UltimateEnd (I: 10/4, 11/23), SeattlePostBach (mail 11/25), DryDoc (mail 11/27), UBCRedFox (I: 22/10 mail: 23/11), Wertt (MD/PhD; email, 12/20), GALLBLADDER (I: 11/22 e-mail: 1/1/06), dajimmers (I:9/30, A:11/23), princessd3 (I:11/08/05, A:02/13/06)

It looks like the early acceptances were calls. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Cell phone volume on high, vibrate turned on.

jessy, do you happen to know what the date listed in the decision is? if not, will that be found on the status page, after they update it of course?
Hey,

i should clarify. I never got an interview, so I'm waiting patiently for my letter of rejection that lots of people have been getting lately in the mail...

If you did interview..then just wait for a call. If you didn't interview...apparently your status page should change in the next little while and say a decision has been made and there will be a date. One guy on the other thread had "11/14/2006" as his date. Check the status page...mine hasn't changed at all, so I'm just annoyed, because I highly doubt I'm getting an interview.

When I interviewed at N'western, they said they make a first round of admissions to a few people in November and the rest are made next year. Does anyone out there know when in November they are supposed to release these decisions?

The scoop I received from a reliable source was that phone calls would be made to those offered an acceptance within the next couple of days (I would not count on Saturday or Sunday).

Best of luck to everyone! I also fell in love with Feinberg during my interview day!

For those without acceptance, will the school notify by e-mail/snail?

Hahaha, that's awful. Someone must post when they hear of acceptance. Just so I know if/when to get depressed.

I was there on Tuesday. The committees met on Monday and Tuesday and there will be a final YES/NO decision made on Friday. I'd sit tight and wait for Monday phone call.

the student host i stayed at while interviewing NW said he was told of his acceptance by phone on a friday night at about 8:30 pm pacific time late november(he was already partying and was sorta wasted when the call was made lol)

Hahaha, thanks last two posters, that is really helpful. Whew, it's going to be a tough Friday/weekend waiting.

Oh man, im starting to get all nervous... I loved Chicago and the school when I went there... one of my top choices EEEK....

IM NERVOUS!

NJCaldwell, your options are incredible! Haha, if you get to choose between Vandy and Northwestern, I am jealous.

Yah, I was stoked with both U mich and Vandy... I loved NW as well...

But still nothing comes close to yale for me..... Top Choice by far... I felt at home and fell in LOVE

Yeah, I was lucky enough to interview there too. I was amazed by the school/students/facilities. Waiting until March/April for them is going to suck.

Yep I agree....

Big question for me now, is whether I go to the interview at UCLA or not.... Im just tired of all this interviewing time and crap

They haven't given me an answer yet (the only UC I applied to that hasn't told me something). I've heard it's worth going, and it's not a huge trip for you. I'd advise going because you never know, you may get an offer + money and may love the school too.

Good point, alright.... Ill go, heh

Are interview invites sent out by email?
yup. Apparently the only thing coming in the mail is either your acceptance (after/before) a phone call or you rejection.

gosh i'm getting nervous.

Are they calling starting today?
does anyone know?

gosh i'm getting nervous.

Are they calling starting today?
does anyone know?
stay cool calm and collected, and make sure your phone is working :) Someone mentioned that last year they called right around thanksgiving, so if nobody has received an acceptance yet, then let's say next week?

I think they will be calling tonight - you bet your a$$ I'm going to make sure my phone is working!!!!

Good luck everyone! Let's hope we can start our very own Feinberg Class of 2011 thread tonight or tomorrow morning!

Heck yeah, I'm all for that idea. Someone has to start a new thread if/when they get a call. Because waiting is torture.

Somehow I have a feeling they will start calling next Monday. I hope not tonight because I'll be on an airplane to my last interview! :)

Gosh, I hope they call tonight, waiting sucks...bad.

I want to know too but when I interviewed (about a week ago) they said that we likely wouldn't find out until Feb/March because we were so close to the November release date. They also said that they don't send out that many acceptances the first time around. But who knows. I really hope I get an acceptance--and in November.

Good luck to those waiting to hear from Feinberg! Danjo, you've got it in the bag, baby. I can feel it.

I was there on Tuesday. The committees met on Monday and Tuesday and there will be a final YES/NO decision made on Friday. I'd sit tight and wait for Monday phone call.

Did they tell you they were calling calling on Monday, or are you just guessing?

I'm guessing we're all still waiting patiently by our phones then?

Yeah, I've got my ready but I don't think we will hear anything until Monday at the earliest unless you are on the West Coast. If they called at 8:30 Pacific last year that would be way to late to call anywhere else (although I would gladly take a call at 11:30.)

I am on the West Coast, so I'm still holding out hope. Hahaha, bleak hope, but I don't want to be wrong. So far, I haven't heard anybody actually hearing from them, so I'm okay waiting until Monday.

I'm not sure what is more suspenseful: waiting for your phone to ring, or waiting for someone else to post about getting an acceptance before you.

I'm still waiting!!! They can wake me up at 3:00 am if it means finding out before Monday!