Feinberg November Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 11/14 and got the March message...

That would be a pretty fast decision...

Members don't see this ad.

I would be pretty suprised if they would make a decision in 5.5 days. Who knows though.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey
we interviewed on the same day!

just to reiterate, since my status page has a link for second look and there is a link to this message about holding multiple acceptances (dated Feb. of this year), I am in?

I don't see a 'congrats' or 'welcome to the class of...' or anything? Weird.

Well, the committees for those of you who attended school on the East and West coasts last met on Monday the 13th. Therefore if you interviewed before that day and go to undergrad somewhere east/west, you should get a decision. The last committee meeting for the midwest was a day later, on the evening of the 14th (the day i interviewed). As I was leaving Dean Brown told me it would be possible my app was reviewed that night, but not 100%. Hopefully I snuck in to the last possible interview date for Nov. decisions and don't have to wait till Feb.

just to reiterate, since my status page has a link for second look and there is a link to this message about holding multiple acceptances (dated Feb. of this year), I am in?

that's what i'm agonizing about. we need REASSURANCE!

They are up. Check your status page. Mine has a very cryptic letter: Now that I reread it I'm not totally sure what it means...

Dear NovemberWhiskey,

It warms my heart to see that so many of you are not only accepted to Feinberg, but are holding several acceptances at other fine medical schools across the country. You are indeed remarkable, and make a wonderful addition to the extraordinary Feinberg Class of 2010.

Choosing a medical school can be a daunting thought especially when you are faced with so many personally attractive choices. Keep in mind that wherever you decide to attend, it should be a medical school where you can feel "comfortable" with the school and its environment. Specifically,

philosophy and mission;
teaching modality and content of the curriculum;
diversity of your prospective classmates;
faculty accessibility and their academic and research interests;
overall medical school environment;
opportunities for personal and professional growth and development (community service, research, abroad experiences, etc.);
and geographic location.

By choosing a "comfortable" environment in which to learn, you will likely be very pleased with the four years you'll spend in medical school and quite happy with your performance.

Second Look Weekend will give you the opportunity to "look us over" one more time. The weekend experience should help answer many questions for you while you ponder which medical school to attend. If you did not register for Second Look Weekend and therefore am not attending, there are still other information avenues at your disposal: peruse the electronic newsletter for Feinberg updates and links to opportunities available to you as a medical student, examine our website of more than 50 pages of up-to-date Feinberg news and information, and directly contact our Special Projects Coordinator, Ms. Pamela Meadows at [email protected] to answer your medical school questions, concerns, or toss around thoughts.

If Spring Break is just around the corner for you, enjoy it, and look forward to more news from us as we guide you to your first day at Feinberg.

Sincerely,

Delores G. Brown, M.S., M.Ed
Associate Dean of Admissions

Hi NovermberWhiskey, I got the same message..I was actually really suprised when I opened up my status page to find that it had changed. I interviewed on October 10, and I am assuming that this means we are accepted, but not 100% sure. I really don't think they would make all that info available to you unless you were admitted, buut it is kind of strange that it has last years dates on it..I guess we could call if we were really curious..let me know if you find anything out..

Hi NovermberWhiskey, I got the same message..I was actually really suprised when I opened up my status page to find that it had changed. I interviewed on October 10, and I am assuming that this means we are accepted, but not 100% sure. I really don't think they would make all that info available to you unless you were admitted, buut it is kind of strange that it has last years dates on it..I guess we could call if we were really curious..let me know if you find anything out..

I urge YOU to ask. Mainly because I would rather read about bad news than hear it.

I called and got reassurance, but the lady wasn't very convincing (see earlier posts if you want to read about it). But, danjo is saying DEFINITE yes. This makes me happy, but I'm just curious how you're so sure.

I called and got reassurance, but the lady wasn't very convincing (see earlier posts if you want to read about it). But, danjo is saying DEFINITE yes. This makes me happy, but I'm just curious how you're so sure.

I just called again and the lady told me that 2006 should be changed to 2007. She would not give me any more info although I pressed for more. I think she's following the policy that they can't give out the definite answer over the phone but i got a sense that she was trying to imply that it was an acceptance. anyways, I'm out for lunch.

I interviewed 11/10 and my status page still says 'a final decision is pending'. They did say that they don't send out too many acceptances this first time around so I guess we shouldn't worry. I too liked Northwestern, but mostly would just like to know either way.

Congratulations to everyone who got an acceptance so far!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dangit, I really want to hear back from them! Arg!

I'm willing to take the acceptance (from last year) and just be happy. If I end up getting an e-mail/letter saying I'm declined, I'll cry then. Congrats everybody!

Dangit, I really want to hear back from them! Arg!

So did I, but it is still "final decision pending" on my status page. Any chance that they are not done yet with the initial round of decisions, or do we just have to wait for another three months?

I called. The lady said blah blah can't give final decisions over the phone, and that 2006 should be changed to 2007. However, she did say that if your status page changed that means a final decision has probably been reached for you, and that I could try to infer from the message change what the decision was. Alas, no official answer, but it *looks* like an acceptance.

Just do it. Even if by freak of nature it ends up switching, that would ease the pain.

Danjo, how are you so sure? I don't want to get excited for nothing...

I'll be there, for sure.

Danjo, how are you so sure? I don't want to get excited for nothing...

I have my sources!!!

Besides, why would they be giving you the opportunity to register for Second Look if they were not offering admission to you?

Relax and celebrate!!!

It's last years 2nd look. Not this years, that's why I'm worried it's a mistake :)

It's last years 2nd look. Not this years, that's why I'm worried it's a mistake :)

Gotcha! I understand your concern, but based on what I know, I would consider the acceptance offer valid. CONGRATS!!!

Gotcha! I understand your concern, but based on what I know, I would consider the acceptance offer valid. CONGRATS!!!

From what you know, do you know if all acceptance for this November have been sent out/updated? I guess I will be waiting until Feb/March. Boo.

Fair enough, you sound pretty sure. Look forward to meeting you at 2nd look!

Did anyone get an actual phone call?

No clue, but it certainly doesn't appear so.

So I guess this means no more news until Feb/March. Oh well. I can't say I didn't expect it.

same thing

chris i called you

i got my acceptance in the mail today. i live really close to chicago, though, so you all will probably get yours when the postal workers go back to work.

at this point i would say it's unlikely i end up on the lake, but a lot can change in 6 months. grats to everyone who heard good news and hang in there if you didn't, there's always hope!

Did you have the same status page mishap as everyone else?

Anyone who recieved the weird status page thing about last years 2nd look weekend NOT gotten their acceptance letter yet?

I haven't, I'm waiting for the mail-man as we speak. I'm in CA.

Let us know if it comes. Mail came here (MN) today with nothing.

I doubt I'll get anything then. But, if there's something, I'll definitely post. You still scared?

i have yet to receive an interview at Northwestern. When i tried logging on to the status page it says that "I am no longer approved for this site." Does that mean I'm rejected? I haven't recieved anything in the mail.

i have yet to receive an interview at Northwestern. When i tried logging on to the status page it says that "I am no longer approved for this site." Does that mean I'm rejected? I haven't recieved anything in the mail.
same here. yup...i'm pretty sure it means a rejection. I called the office and dummy that answered the phone couldn't at least tell me if I'd been rejected....I mean come on...how inconsiderate could they be...

that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it since it seems you're very interested in the school.

It strikes me as an odd way to treat applicants. I'm not sure what they gain by locking you out of the site without telling you beforehand that you were declined.

i got my acceptance in the mail today along with the status page change earlier this week - looks like it's a good sign

i'm in houston in case anyone is wondering

Maryland/DC here, recieved the acceptance letter in the mail today and the status page changed for me on Monday.

Looked at the envelope, it was postmarked the 21st, FYI.

Acceptance letter received in the mail today in CA. Postmarked 11/21.