Boston Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ObToBe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows about Boston programs, specifically Beth Isreal and Tufts??

Members don't see this ad.

I am a med student at Tufts and rotated through NEMC 3rd year - me & my classmates hated the rotation with a passion. Residents are two-faced and not nice to the patients, attendings are two-faced and only had their own interests in mind. They made us as med students go buy them dinner when we were on-call - sent us out into the snow into Chinatown (NOT the safest neighborhood) to pick up their stinkin' food. Turned a bunch of us off to OB-GYN. It was by far the worst rotation I had in med school, and I'm not the only Tufts med student who feels this way.

I actually did a sub-I there and thought it was great. NEMC is a great hospital with tons of high-risk OB. The MFMs there were great. The gyn-oncs there were great as well. Great volume of very sick onc patients. Didn't interact much with the REI people, except for one didactic session that was actually very interesting (it was a case-based look at causes of amenorrhea). As for the med students getting food for the residents, this is not an uncommon thing. I've done this at for many of my rotations at my hospital and have many friends at other hospitals that have doen the same. I think it is just a helpful thing to the residents who can't really leave the hospital. Plus i actually like taking a break and getting food...let's me leave the hospital. As for the "two-faced" nature of the residents, that is SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH! They were very nice people and very easy to work with. The med students i met were awesome too and very helpful! My only concern with the program was that there were several hospitals to rotate through and also cost of living in Boston is high. Otherwise it is a fantastic program as are the rest of the programs in Boston.