Fundraising for your class graduation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon Davis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. At my school, our class fundraises for its own graduation after four years. At my school for example, we mainly just make money from the covers paid by students at post-exam parties at random bars. This kind of stuff is getting kind of old and our return on investment isn't high. I just wanted to get an idea of what other classes were doing around the country. Any input would be greatly appreciated. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Our school pays for our graduation. I know that last years class wanted a senior ball, so one of my friends went a local banks and talked them into paying for it. He's such a smooth talker though....

Our school does not pay for graduation, and leaves the fund raising up to the student government. Our SG decided to charge students dues to get all of the $30,000 required for graduation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Our school does not pay for graduation, and leaves the fund raising up to the student government. Our SG decided to charge students dues to get all of the $30,000 required for graduation.

Our SG was thinking about doing that, its pretty much a "tax". We need about the same about, anything above that is gravy. It all depends on if we want to pimp out our grad party or have a very dry and plain ceremony.

Any other ideas out there?

So what happens if you tell the SG "**** off, I'm not paying for that"?

I doubt they have any legal authority to do anything. However, I'm sure that they would get pretty huffy about it.
Ah, then I'd have some fun with them. I won't attend my graduation regardless, so I'm certainly not paying for it.

We pay $200 each for our graduation. It is payable $50/year to our treasurer.