Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

paramour

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO NOT PANIC!

This is the official acceptance thread so it will be ready when they do start coming in. Many of us may not have received anything yet because we are still interviewing. So, I repeat, DO NOT PANIC! :)

I will update the list as acceptances are posted but tell me if I miss any. Please remember to advise your specialty (e.g., clinical, counseling) as well when listing your acceptance. I will assume clinical unless indicated otherwise. PM me with your information if you feel uncomfortable posting to the thread.

Updated: 12 Apr 2007

CLINICAL:
Adelphi University (email)
Adler School of Professional Psychology-Chicago, PsyD
American University
Antioch University-New England, PsyD (email)
Argosy University-San Francisco (phone)
Arizona State University
Ball State University (phone)
Binghamton University (phone)
Boston University
California Institute of Integrial Studies-San Francisco (phone)
California School of Professional Psychology (Alliant)-Los Angeles, PhD
Catholic University
Chicago School of Professional Psychology, PsyD (phone)
DePaul University
Drexel University
Duke University
Eastern Michigan University
Emory University, PhD
Fairleigh Dickinson University, PhD (email/mail)
Florida Institute of Technology, PsyD (mail)
George Mason University
George Washington University, PsyD (email)
Georgia School of Professional Psychology (Argosy University)-Atlanta, PsyD
Harvard University, PhD
Hofstra University (phone)
Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis (phone/email)
Kent State University
La Salle University, PsyD (mail)
Long Island University-Brooklyn, PhD (mail/phone)
Loyola University Chicago (phone)
Loyola University Maryland, PsyD (mail)
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology, PsyD (mail)
Miami University-Ohio
Michigan State University
Minnesota School of Professional Psychology
Northern Illinois University (email)
Northwestern University-Feinberg (phone)
Notre Dame University
Nova Southeastern University, PhD (email)
Nova Southeastern University, PsyD (email)
Ohio State University (email/snail mail)
Pace University, PsyD--school/child clinical; clinical/school
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology, PhD (email)
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology-Stanford, PsyD (phone)
Pacific University-Oregon (email)
Penn State University (phone)--clinical, clinical neuropsychology and child clinical programs
Pepperdine University, PsyD (phone)
Regent University, PsyD
Rutgers University, PhD
Rutgers University, PsyD
St. John's University, PsyD (email)
St. Louis University (phone)
Seton Hall University
Southern Illinois University-Carbondale
SUNY Binghamton (phone)
SUNY Buffalo
Suffolk University
Teachers College, Columbia University, PhD and MA (email)
Temple University (phone/email)
Texas Tech University
University of Alabama
University of Arkansas (email)
University of California-Berkeley
University of California-Los Angeles
University of California-Santa Barbara, PhD (email)--combined clinical, counseling, school w/ school emphasis
University of Central Florida, PhD
University of Connecticut
University of Denver (phone)--clinical and child clinical
University of Florida (phone)
University of Georgia
University of Hartford (phone/mail)
University of Houston
University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
University of Indianapolis, PsyD
University of Iowa
University of Kansas--adult clinical
University of Maine
University of Massachusetts-Amherst (email)
University of Massachusetts-Boston
University of Memphis
University of Miami (email)
University of Michigan
University of Minnesota, PhD (mail/phone)--clinical and combined child/clinical programs
University of Mississippi, PhD
University of Missouri-Columbia (phone)
University of Missouri-St. Louis
University of Nebraska-Lincoln, PhD (email)
University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (phone)
University of Oregon (email)
University of Pittsburgh, PhD
University of Rhode Island
University of Saskatchewan (mail)
University of South Carolina
University of South Florida (email/phone)
University of Southern California (email)
University of Southern Mississippi
University of Tennessee
University of Texas-Austin (phone)
University of Tulsa (phone)
University of Vermont (phone)
University of Virginia-Curry
University of Washington-Seattle, PhD (phone)
University of Wisconsin-Madison (email)
University of Wyoming
Vanderbilt University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virgniia Consortium
Virginia Tech University
Washington State University (phone)
Washington University-St. Louis (email/phone)
West Virginia University
Wheaton University (email)
Widener University (mail)
Wright State University, PsyD (phone)
Xavier University (email)
Yeshiva University--clinical health
Yeshiva University, PsyD (phone)

COUNSELING:
Boston College, PhD (phone)
Colorado State University (phone)
Fordham University, PhD
Northeastern University, PhD
Penn State University
Seton Hall University, PhD
SUNY Buffalo (email)--combined counseling/school program
University of North Texas, Phd--nonpsych program
Texas Tech University, PhD (email)
Virginia Commonwealth University (phone)

SCHOOL:
Central Michigan University
Hofstra University, PsyD--school/community
Illinois State University (phone)
Pace University, PsyD--school/child clinical; school/clinical
Rutgers University, PsyD (email)
SUNY Buffalo (email)--combined counseling/school program
University of Kentucky (mail)
University of Massachusetts-Amherst, PhD
University of Rhode Island, PhD

HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & EDUCATION:
Harvard University, EdD

HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & SOCIAL POLICY:
Northwestern University, PhD

INDUSTRIAL/ORGANIZATIONAL:
Auburn University
Central Michigan University
Michigan State University
Saint Louis University, PhD (in-person!)
University of Central Florida

Members don't see this ad.

I got an acceptance to the Chicago School of Professional Psychology for their Clinical PsyD program! yay.

*edit- I was called by the admissions counselor who let me know of my acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
BTW, this is my THIRD time applying, so I guess I was due.

BTW, this is my THIRD time applying, so I guess I was due.

I suppose persistance eventually pays off! There are many who would probably have quit after the first attempt and even more after the second. I'm hoping that I do not have to worry about a third application cycle--costs too damned much!

And, Congrats! Even if you may not be going there.

University of North Texas (Counseling Ph.D. / NOT Counseling Psych)

Can I ask which prof you were accepted for?

I had phone interviews with Dr. Patrick and Dr. Cuthbert - but I think that I would have primarily been working with Dr. Patrick (although their interests overlap a lot - same basic stuff, but one does externalizing, the other internalizing).

I had phone interviews with Dr. Patrick and Dr. Cuthbert - but I think that I would have primarily been working with Dr. Patrick (although their interests overlap a lot - same basic stuff, but one does externalizing, the other internalizing).

Oh okay thanks :)

I suppose persistance eventually pays off! There are many who would probably have quit after the first attempt and even more after the second. I'm hoping that I do not have to worry about a third application cycle--costs too damned much!

And, Congrats! Even if you may not be going there.

Thanks! I applied to about 7 schools each time, and a few schools I applied to more than one year - with different results. For example, I applied to Vandy all three years, but only got interviews the first and third years (this year I've declined the interview because I've already gotten in somewhere I would choose over Vandy). I was the first alternate at a few very good schools, but never got in.

As frustrating as it was, I never questioned whether or not I would be applying again. I just worked harder, got more research experience and publications, went to conferences, networked a bit, and most importantly, actually discovered the things that I was most interested in as far as research. So, for anyone who doesn't get in this year - just look for how you can improve and go for it. Oh yeah, and a little luck doesn't hurt.

Congrats Hipinion, as a transfer I truly can appreciate the perseverance that it takes to do something like that, though I really don't want to repeat it with grad school. At least you finally made it!!!

University of Alabama

University of Alabama

I will assume clinical unless otherwise posted.

Congratulations! I must admit that I'm a bit jealous you already have two whereas I'm still waiting to go to my interviews this month. Seems like it would be a relief to have one under my belt already.

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations! I must admit that I'm a bit jealous you already have two whereas I'm still waiting to go to my interviews this month. Seems like it would be a relief to have one under my belt already.

I would kill just for interview invites lol

I would kill just for interview invites lol

:laugh: Yeah, I suppose I would be even more frustrated waiting to hear anything at all.

I was speaking with one of my profs today about the application process and how frustrating it is to wait when you see others who have already received numerous favorable responses. Then I made a comment along the lines of, well, you know, you've been through this before. She looked at me, agreed, and then continued with, "yeah, I only ever applied to one program (UT-Austin)". I wanted to throttle her at that point.

:laugh: Yeah, I suppose I would be even more frustrated waiting to hear anything at all.

I was speaking with one of my profs today about the application process and how frustrating it is to wait when you see others who have already received numerous favorable responses. Then I made a comment along the lines of, well, you know, you've been through this before. She looked at me, agreed, and then continued with, "yeah, I only ever applied to one program (UT-Austin)". I wanted to throttle her at that point.

Oh man. I would have imploded right on the spot. lol

Before I wrote the subject GRE a family friend who's a clinical psychologist told me that she was too lazy to study for hers so she just woke up and went to write it. She got into grad school on the first try.

Some people have all the luck. :laugh:

Thanks...I have a few more to go to this month as well. The good thing is that I found out within a few days (in one case only a day) after the interview...but I don't want anyone to be discouraged if they haven't heard back immediately afterwards; every school and professor are different. (these are clinical programs)

WOW -Congratulations to everyone who already has acceptances. Must be such a relief!!:)

I received an offer today as an e-mail from my POI.

University of Minnesota Child Clinical (via phone from POI)
University of Tulsa (via phone from POI)

CSPP (Alliant)-Los Angeles ,clinical-PhD

I got a call from my POI at Penn State and was offered admission for the Fall. Horray!

That's great! Penn State Clinical or Counseling?

Clinical. Neuropsychology. I interviewed on Friday and was made the offer yesterday. I guess they like me.

Has anyone heard about acceptances from Buffalo?? I interviewd about two weeks ago and they said they would notify people in the coming weeks. Not looking good for me!!:(

I got an offer from UGA.

Wow Sorg, congratulations! You're going to have a lot of options!

I spotted you at the Temple interview, by the way. I had to run to catch a flight as soon as the lunch presentation was over, so I didn't say hello. Nice suit!;)

Wow Sorg, congratulations! You're going to have a lot of options!

I spotted you at the Temple interview, by the way. I had to run to catch a flight as soon as the lunch presentation was over, so I didn't say hello. Nice suit!;)

:cool: Thanks Amy and good luck:luck:

My friend got an acceptance from U Mass - Amherst today. Clinical dept. Her POI emailed her and let her know that the official letter from the school would be in the mail to her shortly.

To University of Missouri-Columbia Clinical via phone. Yeah!

I got an acceptance email from UMass last night.

When you post the school you were accepted to could you please post the POI so the rest of us know who is out?

You do realize that some profs accept more than one student?

If someone names a school you're interested in, you could always PM them to find out who their POI is.

I don't think it would be a good idea to post the prof you were accepted by, in case someone from that institution sees it might look bad (not that they can take back your acceptance.) Those are just my thoughts.

I got an acceptance offer (email) From University of Arkansas, Friday 2/2 , via email. I almost fainted. It was the craziest thing, I had 4 days notice for the interview and 4 days later I heard back. So in the space of less than 10 days I went from nada to an offer.

A couple of my classmates were accepted yesterday to the PsyD. program at Georgia School of Professional Psychology (Argosy University/Atlanta). I don't think I read anyone applying there, but I thought I should share the nwes.

I got an acceptance offer (email) From University of Arkansas, Friday 2/2 , via email. I almost fainted. It was the craziest thing, I had 4 days notice for the interview and 4 days later I heard back. So in the space of less than 10 days I went from nada to an offer.

Wow!

I've heard of quick turn arounds...but that is pretty crazy. Outside of hearing a prof give the nod at the end of the interview...this is pretty darn quick, especially for the 4 days BEFORE.

-t

No acceptances today?! :eek: What's going on?

No acceptances. No interviews. What are these admissions committees doing with themselves?

Has anyone heard from the University of Houston? Particularly, the neuropsych applicants?:confused:

Oh, I got into MSPP (Minnesota School of Professional Psychology) a couple weeks ago!

I got an offer from PSU's child clinical track via phone call from my POI on Wednesday.

I just received my acceptance email from Central Michigan University :)

just got a message from ucla today! i am absolutely in shock!

Sorg1123, I heard back from Penn State clinical neuropsych too. Which POI for you?

Also University of Miami (email), Ohio State (email and then snail mail), and Washington University in St. Louis (email and then phone call) - all clinical programs.