Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorg1123, I heard back from Penn State clinical neuropsych too. Which POI for you?

Also University of Miami (email), Ohio State (email and then snail mail), and Washington University in St. Louis (email and then phone call) - all clinical programs.

WOW! That's awesome Red! Congrats.

Check your messages inbox for my reply.

Members don't see this ad.

has anyone heard from University of Louisville? Univ of Missouri-Kansas City?

Hey all -
I recieved an offer from SUNY Buffalo! (clinical) What a relief! Good luck to everyone... this is such a stressful process and there is no doubt that we are all qualified and will make great psychologists! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all -
I recieved an offer from SUNY Buffalo! (clinical) What a relief! Good luck to everyone... this is such a stressful process and there is no doubt that we are all qualified and will make great psychologists! :D

Congrats!!! One of my friends is in her second year there. She loves it!

Hey all -

Oh crap i still havent heard anything. I guess thats a bad sign!! Did you just find out? How did they notify you? ANd if you dont mind me asking who are you going to be working with? You can pm me if you want but it would put my mind at ease if you could let me know!!! ahhh I thought i was gonna get rejected!!! But Congrats!! You must be soo relieved!

i received an offer Vanderbilt! I will definitely be going here, so I will be withdrawing from all my other schools. Good luck everyone! :love:

i received an offer Vanderbilt! I will definitely be going here, so I will be withdrawing from all my other schools. Good luck everyone! :love:

Congrats!!!:D

Has anyone been accepted by Arizona State U yet? :cool:

For those fortunate enough to have more than one acceptance, or anyone anticipating more than one acceptance, what questions are you asking your POI to make a decision? I know that it will probably come down to an instinctual feeling about where you would be happiest, but what questions should we ask to help figure that out?

oh goodie! I interviewed at U Nebraska- Lincoln on Saturday and got an admission offer today, Monday, via email, for the clinical psych PhD.

I'm still waiting on some other interviews, but I really liked this place!

It is SUCH a nice feeling to know that now I am definitely at least going SOMEWHERE next year :)

oh goodie! I interviewed at U Nebraska- Lincoln on Saturday and got an admission offer today, Monday, via email, for the clinical psych PhD.

I'm still waiting on some other interviews, but I really liked this place!

It is SUCH a nice feeling to know that now I am definitely at least going SOMEWHERE next year :)

Congrats!! Yay for you!

Ball State University contacted me by phone 2/15/07 to let me know that I had been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an acceptance at West Virginia University today which I am very very excited about. I am still interviewing at Catholic University since I have heard good things and am in DC anyways, but WVU is going to be very hard to beat for me.

Good luck everyone!

BTW, I got the invite by phone

I received an acceptance at West Virginia University today which I am very very excited about. I am still interviewing at Catholic University since I have heard good things and am in DC anyways, but WVU is going to be very hard to beat for me.

Good luck everyone!

congrats irish!!!!! :love:

Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!

I was hoping you'd go to UND so I could have a lunch buddy when I go on daytrips to the US lol

I very well may still interview at ND, I haven't decided yet. I am just finishing a stretch of three interviews in four days so I think that is part of the reason I want to be done, lol.

Thanks for the congrats, I was pretty psyched about it on my drive up to DC!

Good luck everyone!

Irish, that's awesome! Huge congratulations are in order! I think it's good karma for your dedicated thread maintenance.:)

Congrats on your acceptance to WVU. I hear it is a fabulous program. Good luck with deciding where to go, I'm sure you will have many offers!

I just got a phone call from an admissions person at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco. My interview was only yesterday but apparently they loved me because I got in!!! This is my first acceptance and I am very excited... my boyfriend got into UCSF Pharmacy School today also... yay!!!

Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances, and everyone else, hang in there, I'm sure you'll hear great things soon!!

I received a call from Colorado State's admissions chairperson this afternoon, offering me a spot in their Counseling Psych progam. :)

Good luck everyone!

Congrats Irish! One of my friends who graduated from my school went to WVU last year. She absolutely loves it there, and it is a great school. Kudos!

I just got an offer from UMass Boston.

PGSP-Stanford Psy.D. Consortium (phone call offer)

UC Santa Barbara combined Clinical, Counseling, School Ph.D. (school emphasis, email offer)

Thanks, congrats to everyone else as well :). I am sorry that I haven't been able to respond until now, I have been driving back to ND (I interviewed at Catholic today). I am very excited about the WVU offer and I am trying to decide if I should finish out my interviews or just accept it. I might just accept, I am ready to be done and I am so happy with my fit there.

Hi all,

Will anyone be attending the admitted students recruitment weekend at U of Illinois-Urbana Champaign on March 9-11? I will be there and was interested to know if anyone else on here is going.

Thanks!

I've been waitlisted for Michigan State University in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.

Has anybody heard from University of Florida Counseling Psychology?

Question about how to write a post-acceptance email (probably just over-thinking this!)

I got my first acceptance today, and am very excited about it, at this point it is definitely my best fit. I do want to finish with the rest of my interviews before deciding, however. How do I state this in my response email to my potential advisor? I assume they know that we may have other interviews yet to go on, but I want to be sure I say it in an acceptable way! I basically want to let him know that I am thrilled by his offer and that right now they are my #1, but I want to finish interviewing.

Any thoughts, or have you done this yet?? Thanks!

(Also, wasn't sure where to post this, so if it should be posted on a different thread, please let me know :) ).

Short and sweet. Let him/her know that you are honored that they'd extend you an offer. They are high on your list, and that you'd be making your decision by XXXXXXXXX. You look forward to speaking with them.

OR

You can take a more 'unconventional' route....and do something completely different.....

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

After an appropriate period of deliberation, I have come to the decision to turn down your offer. Please know that I still maintain a high level of respect for you as a professor, and I thank you sincerely for the generous offer.

As such, I have decided to become a professional pirate. It has always been a dream of mine to live the life of a swashbuckling corsair, beholden to none and master of all I survey. Once my crew of unabashed rogues is assembled, we shall take to the capacious expanse of the high seas to pursue fortune, fame, and hair-raising adventure.

Our path may not be filled with the porcine comforts and technological marvels that (your university) provides, but we shall nonetheless move forward to carve a name for ourselves in the annals of bold insurgency and death-defying derring-do. Once I have a keen blade at my hip and the Jolly Roger is flapping high above me, I believe I will find my true calling.

Please note that I am currently accepting applications for First Officer, if you are at all interested in applying. I will provide a full medical and dental plan, which will offer immediate coverage of all maladies other than scurvy and the occasional bout of rickets.

Sincerely,

(your name)

-t

ps. I adapted that from the Pirate Resignation Letter.

Short and sweet. Let him/her know that you are honored that they'd extend you an offer. They are high on your list, and that you'd be making your decision by XXXXXXXXX. You look forward to speaking with them.

OR

You can take a more 'unconventional' route....and do something completely different.....

-t

Haha, I think becoming a professional pirate might be slightly less stressful than becoming a professional student! :)

Thanks for the response!

OR

-t

Ha ha!! That is so funny, thanks for posting - I love how it softens the blow with an offer to apply for job of First Officer.

Well, I got an invite from what has been my top school for a while now somewhere in southern california. Now I've got to weigh pro's and con's and decide where to go. All done with interviews and have three offers. Horray!!!!!

Well, I got an invite from what has been my top school for a while now somewhere in southern california. Now I've got to weigh pro's and con's and decide where to go. All done with interviews and have three offers. Horray!!!!!

Congrats Sorg!!!!
You must be so excited. If you don't mind, I was wondering where you were accepted (I tried to find a post stating where, but didn't see one, so I apologize if you just told us). Of course, if it is private at this point I totally understand. In any case, great news for you!

GMU gave out offers for their Clinical Ph.D. program on Thursday (2/22)

congrats sorg!

(in the high pitch voice of Elle Woods of Legally Blonde):
We did it!

I received an offer by phone today from my POI for Washington State University, clinical program.

Has anyone received (or heard of anyone receiving) an offer from UMd College Park??

Congrats to all those who have been offered admission to their programs. I received a letter of acceptance today from Virginia Tech :D I am still waiting to hear from GSU (interviews were Monday) and this upcoming Monday I have one last interview!!! I am excited and relieved that this process is almost over. I opted to try again this year and I am starting school in the Fall!!! :luck:

Congrats to all those who have been offered admission to their programs. I received a letter of acceptance today from Virginia Tech :D I am still waiting to hear from GSU (interviews were Monday) and this upcoming Monday I have one last interview!!! I am excited and relieved that this process is almost over. I opted to try again this year and I am starting school in the Fall!!! :luck:

How long did it take for Virginia Tech to notify you of your acceptance?

I just received an offer from UKY for their School Psych Ph.D program via snail mail. Yay :luck:

Congratulations on the VT acceptance! Maybe that means I'll hear something soon from there too.

I was accepted to UNC, and I actually got a fellowship too! I was actually accepted before interviews, on January 23rd, and was the only pre-interview acceptance - so to everyone else who is waiting to hear from UNC, they haven't sent out their post-interview letters yet, so don't panic.

I will most likely be attending UNC next Fall.

I was accepted to UNC, and I actually got a fellowship too! I was actually accepted before interviews, on January 23rd, and was the only pre-interview acceptance - so to everyone else who is waiting to hear from UNC, they haven't sent out their post-interview letters yet, so don't panic.

I will most likely be attending UNC next Fall.

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Thanks! It was really hard not to post the info immediately, as it marked the end to a whoooole 3 years saga of applying, but I'm definitely very excited about going to UNC.