Tufts - As we enter April on AC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali Anteater

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Tufts ACers - thought it might be nice to start an April support network. Anybody know if they will give us any notification of going onto the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

yea..im AC too..on the website it says all ACers are going on the waitlist...does anyone know if their class is full and/or when they next update us w/our status?

I recently emailed the admissions director, and she told me that all final decisions would be made by the end of April. I'm not sure if that means that they will give another round of acceptances for those on AC, or if they will make the wait-list by then. I don't know, what do you think?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently emailed the admissions director, and she told me that all final decisions would be made by the end of April. I'm not sure if that means that they will give another round of acceptances for those on AC, or if they will make the wait-list by then. I don't know, what do you think?

whoa, that's kinda late..here's hoping :luck::) :luck: comes our way...

You guys beat me to this thread!

I can't believe that we have to wait until the end of April. When did the rest of you interview? I interviewed in March and it seemed that AC wasn't going to be an option for us. I think someone might have mentioned this, but it looks like all ACers go onto the waitlist at the end of the cycle.

Does anyone know if Tufts actually rejected or accepted people from this last round of decisions?

Hopefully, they aren't done taking people from AC. I feel like we would have seen more movement off of AC here on SDN, but it doesn't seem like it has happened. All speculation from my part though, just trying to stay positive.

How full is the class?

I'm wondering if Tufts has rejected anybody post-interview. I have heard only ACs from SDN if acceptance wasn't granted yet. Also, looking at the Tufts website - it said they accepted something like 450 people last year. I wonder if that means a ton of movement off the waitlist.

I'm wondering if Tufts has rejected anybody post-interview. I have heard only ACs from SDN if acceptance wasn't granted yet. Also, looking at the Tufts website - it said they accepted something like 450 people last year. I wonder if that means a ton of movement off the waitlist.

probably!

My two roommates are MS-3s at Tufts--the told me that you have a 50/50 shot of getting accepted outright after the interview. So I'm not sure if that number includes waitlist or not because if you do the math, that's about 50% of people who interviewed...

Seriously, all ACs not yet accepted waitlisted? I can't believe how long they are taking to notify us. This sucks cause I really liked the program!

Any of you apply dual-degree? I liked a lot of things about the school and I doubt I'd get over a rejection easily. I'm waiting by the phone Tufts!

C'mon Tufts! I'm hoping for good news. Good luck to all of you :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any of you apply dual-degree? I liked a lot of things about the school and I doubt I'd get over a rejection easily. I'm waiting by the phone Tufts!

I am dual-degree. I applied to the MD/MPH...you?

Seriously, the two schools I'm waiting on are Tufts and UMass. Both take forever...throw me a bone!

tufts perenially goes late in the application season. i know alot of us got in during the first week of june and as late as the first week of july.

so i e mailed them and asked when I would hear and how I would hear (snail or e mail). I got back this reply:

We expect to create our Wait List sometime in early May.

Best wishes

Lame. My mind starts racing, "ah did i get put on a waitlist...where was the letter that said that...um is it all wait lists, no acceptances or rejections?"
Then I took a breath and called. They sent out the majority of their April letters last week. AdStaff verified that if I haven't gotten one, it's not coming in that batch. Then she said that no rejections went out; they are all going out in May with some more acceptances and the wait list. If some SNDers post that they got accepted during the 4 weeks interim, it might be legit: a few acceptances will go out during April.

So we could be waiting for some news until early May? Ridiculous. When is the next Add Comm meeting?

They sent out the majority of their April letters last week. AdStaff verified that if I haven't gotten one, it's not coming in that batch.

i got a letter last week, but it said that i was AC...silly question tho, if you're AC, can you be rejected?, or is it waitlist vs. acceptance.

What were the april letters? acceptances and active considerations? Any rejections?? I am nervous to get the mail now...I have been on AC for soooo long and I want to go to Tufts soo badly...I don't know how to boost my application in their eyes.

Here's what they just e mailed me (yes I e mailed and called)

Some applicants have been accepted and some applicants have been
rejected but you have been neither accepted nor rejected so you are
currently on our active consideration list. We expect to admit people
from the active consideration list as needed for the next several weeks,
and then we expect to create our Wait List sometime in early May and
then we will admit from our Wait List as needed during the summer. We
will write to you again when your status changes but so far your status
has not changed since the time when you received your "active
consideration" letter.

I interviewed in october, this is so lame

i got a letter last week, but it said that i was AC...silly question tho, if you're AC, can you be rejected?, or is it waitlist vs. acceptance.

From what it said on their website it looks like it will be waitlist vs. acceptance.

Of course waitlist could also mean delayed rejection....ha!

consideration" letter.

So, it seems like there has been little, if any, movement off of AC. I guess that is a good thing. Still lame because of all that waiting, though.

From what it said on their website it looks like it will be waitlist vs. acceptance.

I'd rather not have the "courtesy WL" where you are placed so low on it that it doesn't matter, but they make you wait til August anyway.

touche:D

I guess I am being a little negative though, right?!? It could also mean a delayed acceptance!

consideration" letter.

Hmm...I wonder if we can just conclude that no news means good news for those of us that have not heard anything since the active consideration letter.

I'm trying to get a feel for status here. Obviously, the accepted people are the ones they want the most. I thought that they already had a waitlist so what's this about creating the waitlist later? With the assumption that waitlist spots have already been handed out, is it likely that AC'ers would be at an advantage because it seems that AC'ers are considered "actively" for acceptance (cuz if I read all this correctly, AC's aren't going to be rejected outright)?

I don't expect anyone to have an answer, just wondrin'.

I'd rather not have the "courtesy WL" where you are placed so low on it that it doesn't matter, but they make you wait til August anyway.

It appears it will be more like May 15th before we will hear anything.

It appears it will be more like May 15th before we will hear anything.

Oh no...we can't think like this! Positive attitude!! At least April only has 30 days unlike March...

emailed them..all they said was that waitlist is established in may

So we have a chance of being accepted off of AC before then?

So we have a chance of being accepted off of AC before then?

yea..they said they'd do it as needed..but in my opinion, i think AC right now is a pseudo-top-priority waitlist

yea..they said they'd do it as needed..but in my opinion, i think AC right now is a pseudo-top-priority waitlist

Do you think this means that the class has been filled?

personally, i think so

Yeah, probably since March 30th was the date AAMC said that all schools should have their classes filled...don't know if that is a binding standard though.

Also, lina - I will agree, AC at this point does sound like a priority wait-list

Who have you all been emailing to find out this information? Also...did u send letter of updates to the director of admissions, to your interviewer, or to a different email...I don't think I know the email that Tufts suggested to use. I bet that the class is filled right now...and I think everyone that they haven't rejected yet (and there is only 1 person who admitted to a rejection post interview on this website) is on AC. I wonder if they have a ranking system or anything?

Who have you all been emailing to find out this information? Also...did u send letter of updates to the director of admissions, to your interviewer, or to a different email...I don't think I know the email that Tufts suggested to use. I bet that the class is filled right now...and I think everyone that they haven't rejected yet (and there is only 1 person who admitted to a rejection post interview on this website) is on AC. I wonder if they have a ranking system or anything?

i've sent updates to the main admissions email addy....med-admissions@ tufts.edu They say somewhere to send updates to this email

I bet that the class is filled right now...and I think everyone that they haven't rejected yet (and there is only 1 person who admitted to a rejection post interview on this website) is on AC.

I have also thought the same, and this is why I don't really think AC is a priority WL, but becomes the WL....i hope i'm wrong

i am also on AC at Tufts. I interviewed in September and I am on two other freakin' wait lists. Anywho, the poster from above is right when he says that AC turns into the wait list. This is the only wait list according to admissions. Also, they report that they accept more than 50% of the students that interview so what gives.

I have also thought the same, and this is why I don't really think AC is a priority WL, but becomes the WL....i hope i'm wrong

yea..but what happens w/the people on the original waitlist..is the wl divided into two sections...is it reprioritized?

yea..but what happens w/the people on the original waitlist..is the wl divided into two sections...is it reprioritized?

I don't think Tufts has a first waitlist - I think those on AC after March just go onto the waitlist. A MS1 at Tufts told me that she got a letter telling her of her WL status last year and did not get in until July.

I don't think Tufts has a first waitlist - I think those on AC after March just go onto the waitlist. A MS1 at Tufts told me that she got a letter telling her of her WL status last year and did not get in until July.

so our initial decisions had the possibility of being: accept, reject, or AC?... .ohhhh...that explains a lot then. thanks

so our initial decisions had the possibility of being: accept, reject, or AC?... .ohhhh...that explains a lot then. thanks

The way they explained it at the interview as well as in the AC email is that AC is NOT the waitlist. I'm not sure if anyone will get in outright at this point, but from an MS3 at Tufts this year, she was also on AC and was accepted outright.

I think we can't be rejected outright at this point, unless we get put on the waitlist and there isn't a spot for us.

currently there is no wait list formed. sorry to say AC does not equal priority as much as I wish it did. I was told by admissions that they are done interviewing and a NON ranked wait list is formed from those on AC in May. they said the admission process was different this year from other years and they were very vague.

currently there is no wait list formed. sorry to say AC does not equal priority as much as I wish it did. I was told by admissions that they are done interviewing and a NON ranked wait list is formed from those on AC in May. they said the admission process was different this year from other years and they were very vague.

but will they accept more from those currently on AC?

It still makes me wonder if they have made any cuts after the interview.

I know...thats what has been making me nervous all along, what if they are just waiting to do all their rejections in May? I wonder what they meant that their process was very different this year?

I know...thats what has been making me nervous all along, what if they are just waiting to do all their rejections in May? I wonder what they meant that their process was very different this year?

I think they've rejected some people post-interview already. None of them are apparently here, but I know someone had posted earlier that they had talked to someone in the admissions committee and said that some rejections went out in the decisions that went out in the end of March...

It says clearly on the website if you are on AC you will not be rejected outright you will at least be put on the waitlist...

bump...last day of april:eek: