Tufts - As we enter April on AC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Just got the waitlist email notification...

Did anyone get accepted off of AC?
 
Just got the waitlist email notification...

Did anyone get accepted off of AC?
me too?


I was gonna start a new thread. Anyways what do we do. who's accepting the wait list offer and who's declining it. Any rejections!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me too?


I was gonna start a new thread. Anyways what do we do. who's accepting the wait list offer and who's declining it. Any rejections!!!

I don't think you can get rejected off of AC.

I was also waitlisted. No acceptances yet, so I'll be taking it--though I probably would've anyway since I really liked Tufts!
 
me too?


I was gonna start a new thread. Anyways what do we do. who's accepting the wait list offer and who's declining it. Any rejections!!!


Yeah, we might as well start a Tufts waitlist thread now. The email says to complete the waitlist reply card we will be receiving in the mail soon, although it's gonna take a while to reach me on the west coast 🙁 I think worse case scenario for ACer's was to be placed on the waitlist.
 
just got the email too...does anyone know if its gonna be a ranked or unranked WL?
 
Blah. So more waiting on an unranked waitlist? I have to wonder how inefficient it is to not rank the waitlist and have to meet to review applications every time a slot opens. Or maybe they just want us to flood them with update letters 😉
 
I also just got the e-mail, and I interviewed in Oct. I actually started a thread on this and have not been able to get rid of it. Hopefully there is some wait list movement soon.
 
i was reading last year's thread...movement was generally the third week of may, then a few scattered here and there in july...from sdn, i'd say about 10-12 got taken off, but there could have been more if people didn't update info on sdn, and/or if the waitlist-turned-acceptance people werent sdn members...here's the link if u wanna check it out:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=3713108&highlight=tufts+2006+waitlist#post3713108
[by the way, its so weird reading last year's thread]
 
bump...anyone receive the waitlist letter in the mail yet?
 
Nope - no letter just the email. So, I'm curious if everybody who interviewed at least made the WL at this point. Is there still AC?
 
It said on the website that everybody on AC after the last admission meeting would be offered a spot on the wait list, so AC is no more.
 
I never got this email that you guys are talking about.. did everyone on AC get it? Where'd mine go?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It might be in your bulk/spam folder because it didn't have a subject. It's from Thomas Slavin. If not, maybe you should call Tufts and see what's going on.
 
I got my letter in a big white envelope.what do i do?With one acceptance in hand, can you still keep a waitlist spot?Any negatives?
 
I got my letter in a big white envelope.what do i do?With one acceptance in hand, can you still keep a waitlist spot?Any negatives?
you can keep a waitlist spot while holding an acceptance..but if u would choose your other school (the one w/the acceptance) over tufts (if u get off the WL), then u should withdraw🙄
 
Perhaps the thread needs to be changed to:
Tufts - As we travel through May on WL

Got my WL form yesterday and sent it in by accepting a spot.
 
withdrew my spot off the wait list at tufts... so one less person to worry about...good luck everyone
 
Hey guys, I got my WL packet yesterday. I'm withdrawing. Good luck!
:luck:
 
Perhaps the thread needs to be changed to:
Tufts - As we travel through May on WL

Got my WL form yesterday and sent it in by accepting a spot.

since u made the thread, i think u have the ability to change the title....
 
Got an email saying that my reply for the WL has been received - officially wait listed at Tufts.
 
One of last year's wait list threads showed that Tufts accepted three different days during the summer, once in late may, once in june and once in july. I wouldn't expect anything for at least another ten days.
 
does anyone know if the waitlist at tufts has started moving yet? thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know if the waitlist at tufts has started moving yet? thanks

Based on a thread from last year, it looks like they send out the first wave of acceptances off the waitlist on the last Friday in May. If (and that's a big if) they do the same thing this year, we should hear something at the end of this week.
 
Is it usually by phone?

Last year it was via email, followed by a snail mail letter. I just looked at last year's thread (which talked about the year before as well). It looks like acceptances were sent out:

May 27, 2005
May 26, 2006

So my theory that we should hear something this Friday might be true. Who knows?
 
Hi everyone,
I got a call today around noon offering me a position in the class 🙂 They said that I would be receiving an email tomorrow and a letter in the mail.

FYI: The Dean calls from a 617 area code. So keep an eye out. I didn't know what it was and let it go to voicemail :/
 
are you guys accepting your position off the waitlist? did anyone else hear good news? congrats 🙂
 
I got a call at 3 today from the Dean. So incredibly happy, I nearly passed out. I will be accepting the offer. It was my top choice!!😍
 
Got a call from the Dean today, the waitlist is moving! Not bad for a first post...good luck to all
 
Just wanted to let you all know that I decided to stick with Northwestern and not take the Tufts spot. Even though I completely fell in love with Boston 🙁
Hope it goes to one of you! Good Luck!
 
for those that got off the waitlist, did u interview early on in the season (ie sept-jan), did u send updates, etc?
 
for those that got off the waitlist, did u interview early on in the season (ie sept-jan), did u send updates, etc?

I interviewed in late January. I didn't send any updates because I figured I was interviewing on the tail end anyway. But my interviewers brought up some reservations they had about me. For example, why would I move to Boston, when I'm from sunny California. When I sent my thank you notes, I was sure to address these issues. They were some of the longest thank you notes I wrote all application season. Later in the season when I had a horrible interview experience at an unnamed state school, I wrote a thank you note to the Tufts admissions office. I was reminded how nice they were in comparison to this other rude admissions office. I don't know if that helped at all. I didn't mention anything about wanting to go to Tufts. I was just genuinely thankful to how accommodating Tufts was. I mean they even walked us to our interviews!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just this . . .

Thank you for your continued interest. We will contact you promptly if
we are able to offer you a position.
 
From last year's Tufts WL thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=284627&highlight=tufts+waitlist

From what I can tell there are waves of acceptances. Last year these occured:
1) near end of May
2) Mid-June
3) Mid-July
4) August? I think this last one is very rare, depending on if one or two people suddenly withdraw their acceptances for personal reasons.

I'm assuming Tufts gives people a couple of weeks to decide, figures out who accepted and who rejected their acceptance, have a meeting and then pick the newest people to accept. And so the cycle continues until classes start.
 
yo lostsnowbird, sending out some love to the tufts waitlist, i really really really hope you get in! and to all those others waiting on the list too...lets hope there is some movement soon too.