Tufts - As we enter April on AC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I withdrew my acceptance to Tufts because I got off a waitlist elsewhere. Hope this helps you guys out!

Members don't see this ad.

every little bit helps! best of luck to you, mininmd =)

Members don't see this ad :)
congratulations minimd!

So have you guys made any effort at getting information on the waitlist out of the admissions office? I just sent an email today and they replied a prompt three minutes later, but the response was generic and completely uninformative...it went something like "waitlist movement has been minimal and I do not know when the adcom will be meeting next."

I really wanted to get something more definitive b/c I applied MD/MBA and the program starts June 25th. UGGHH.

So have you guys made any effort at getting information on the waitlist out of the admissions office? I just sent an email today and they replied a prompt three minutes later, but the response was generic and completely uninformative...it went something like "waitlist movement has been minimal and I do not know when the adcom will be meeting next."

I really wanted to get something more definitive b/c I applied MD/MBA and the program starts June 25th. UGGHH.

Hmm...I guess that's what the WL process is like. A student who just completed her 1st year at TUSM told me that from the makeup the Class of 2010, very few appeared to get in in June. In fact, she and many of her friends all got good news in July. I guess that does not help the June 25th start date. Maybe you should specifically ask TUSM about doing the combined program if you don't know by June 25th.

July!! Ahhh!

As far as the MD/MBA program, I believe that you have to get into the MD first and then they go back and decide on the dual-degree. I have a feeling that it may be at the point where they only admit you to the MD and not the MBA. Not sure though...

You're absolutely right about that -- I talked to one of the people in the MBA admissions office earlier in the week and she confirmed the whole "we don't even look at your app until MD has accepted you" deal. However, she said their turnaround is super fast, so they are indeed still accepting people into their program.

How nuts would it be to start in what...eleven days? Oh well, after all...FSU started June 4th!

bump...anyone else's login not working on the website?

am I the only one left on this waitlist? come on, guys, there must be some news! :confused:

No no...I'm still here with you. Though it wouldn't be so bad if we were the only two!! Ha!

lol agreed. well i'm rooting for you!

And likewise! Honestly, I've already started reapplying and so I forget that I'm on this waitlist. I think I'd be so surprised if they actually called me at this point. Ah well...

I'm still here. Go us! And lets hope for the call!

I'm still on the waitlist, but at this point, I'm not even sure if I would go. I put down the security on an apartment for another school this past weekend, and I should be getting the lease any day. I couldn't really wait on it either because the place was really nice and really cheap so it would go fast. But I still can't bring myself to withdraw, maybe once I actually sign a lease, I will. End it on my own terms, so to speak.

That's what I hate about htem, they wait so long, but you have to get settled at other places, find apartments inother cities. Tufts was my first choice, but realistically, I can;t wait until the last week of July to hear from them.

congratulations agonzalez! I wonder if this means the waitlist is moving or if they just take someone off whenever a spot opens up.

Hi! Not sure if this helps, but I know through a friend of a friend that a spot opened up at Tufts late last week or early this week because someone got off the waitlist elsewhere and withdrew from Tufts...so it may just be spot by spot...

**bump** ... I'm bored at work and realized this thread has been dormant for a while. Anyone hear anything? Who's cutting their losses and getting ready to go elsewhere...saaay... out of the country (like myself)? :p

I'm giving up on Tufts. I've already signed a lease for an apartment somewhere else, can't hold on for nothing. Sure would have been nice, but oh well. Everythikng happens for a reason.

Still on it...though that's because it's my only chance to go to med school this fall. I live in Boston so it wouldn't be too terrible if I got in, but at this point, I usually forget that I'm still on this waitlist. Anyway, I'm more focused on my next cycle anyway.

I got the call on wednesday. :) Now I'm trying to get an apartment ready in 2 weeks on top of loosing all the money that I had already spent on the other school that I was moving to. Does anyone know if we can already log in on TUSK?