University of Florida - The Manilla Envelope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StringTheorist

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are going to attend UF for Fall 2007, did you send in your manilla envelope with all the forms yet? If not, are you having problems with anything? We can discuss the massive stack of forms and problems/worries about them getting in here, as well as any other thoughts on attending the UF COP in the fall.:hello:

I went to check to see if mine had arrived today at the college, and I saw a stack of manilla envelopes. (and yes, mine was there). ooh, im just so excited! i cant wait to actually step foot on campus during the school year as a full fledged pharmacy student. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Side question concerning UF COP - what's up with the Polo's - how come UF COP doesn't rate scrubs like the med / dent students???

~above~

Your polo will be your uniform until you get your white coat towards the end of your second semester. I guess we have to 'earn' our whitecoat... you get a ceremony and everything. ;) You'll be wearing your polo when you do your Keeping Families Healthy, speeches and health screens. I suggest ordering the white color polos because their quality sucks and the blues will fade after your first semester. Be sure to check out the pharmercraig yahoo group for the Fall to see what to expect for your Practicum course and see old exams/quizzes. ;)

-PharmerMike

Members don't see this ad :)
i have no clue. i guess bc pharmacists dont usually wear scrubs on the job or at internships, they just have the coat. you get your coat at the end of first year, though :) thats the awesome part

i have no clue. i guess bc pharmacists dont usually wear scrubs on the job or at internships, they just have the coat. you get your coat at the end of first year, though :) thats the awesome part

Perhaps - I know my pharmacist wear the white coat - in the door - but then take it off and just work in scrubs all day... haha - and I work literally down the hall from the pharmacy school (Shands pharmacy IVC)

The white coat ceremony is very interesting - Pacific has their white coat ceremony at the beginning of pharmacy school (during orientation week) - totally different from UF.

Oh well - just thought I would ask.

~above~

My last action items are my PPD shot/titer, my immunization record signed by a physician, and a check for $85.00.

As for the Polo's...no one mentioned this at the STP campus when asked about a dress code. Is this only for Gville?

I'm waiting on the CPR certification and health insurance cards. I want to send everything in at the same time, so I am waiting until everything is done. My CPR class is June 16 and I won't get the insurance card until June 24, so that's when I will be sending in my envelope. I am a little anxious about waiting to send everything in so close to the July 13 deadline, but I think it's better to send everything at once than to send things in separately.

About the polos at the St. Pete campus, I heard students talking about them during the tour, but I haven't seen anything about ordering them. Someone also told me not to order too many of them because she didn't wear hers often enough to need more than 2 or 3 (you know, to get you through until laundry day).

One question I do have is about the last page of the packet - the Florida Department of Health Pharmacy Internship form. I am going to leave the line blank that says "If known, indicate name and address of Pharmacy where you will intern at Florida" and when it asks "Have you applied to take the Florida Pharmacy Examination" I wrote "No." Does anyone know if this is correct? I would imagine that we would take an exam later on anyway. Just double checking, thanks.

I've finished the packet except for the health form. Been putting off going to the lovely walk in clinic since I don't have a PCP.

I'm waiting on the CPR certification and health insurance cards. I want to send everything in at the same time, so I am waiting until everything is done. My CPR class is June 16 and I won't get the insurance card until June 24, so that's when I will be sending in my envelope. I am a little anxious about waiting to send everything in so close to the July 13 deadline, but I think it's better to send everything at once than to send things in separately.

About the polos at the St. Pete campus, I heard students talking about them during the tour, but I haven't seen anything about ordering them. Someone also told me not to order too many of them because she didn't wear hers often enough to need more than 2 or 3 (you know, to get you through until laundry day).

One question I do have is about the last page of the packet - the Florida Department of Health Pharmacy Internship form. I am going to leave the line blank that says "If known, indicate name and address of Pharmacy where you will intern at Florida" and when it asks "Have you applied to take the Florida Pharmacy Examination" I wrote "No." Does anyone know if this is correct? I would imagine that we would take an exam later on anyway. Just double checking, thanks.

I left it blank, too, when I mailed it. Maybe you can email the campus and tell them about waiting for your CPR card and see if they want you to send everything in except that beforehand if they or you are that worried. i doubt itd be a problem, though, you'd have 2 weeks to send everything :)

i have everything but my health insurance card. as soon as i get that i will send in my packet. by mid june i should be able to send everyting in.

July 13 deadline?! I thought I saw the deadline was July 20. Also, maybe it's because I was in the first set of interviews, but I didn't receive manila envelope. I have been sending documents in as I complete them. I still have to finish my Hep B--which I'm finishing next month, get the PPD test and CPR certification.

are we supposed to update our spring grades into pharmcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am just waiting to get my second Hep B shot which I cannot get until June 4th. I already have everything else done and ready (insurance card, CPR, background check, etc.) so when I get the Health Department to fill out my immunization form after Hep B #2, I will mail it all in. Should we fax the immunization form to SHCC or mail it in?

I am just waiting to get my second Hep B shot which I cannot get until June 4th. I already have everything else done and ready (insurance card, CPR, background check, etc.) so when I get the Health Department to fill out my immunization form after Hep B #2, I will mail it all in. Should we fax the immunization form to SHCC or mail it in?
im pretty sure you can do both, i think it was stated on the check form

are we supposed to update our spring grades into pharmcas?
no, im pretty sure if you are not completing ur credits at UF, you mail a transcript to the office at the college. call them, i would suggest, to make sure.

Does anyone have the address that was on the white envelope to send to edge? I seem to have lost the little white envelope! I will love you forever!

Does anyone have the address that was on the white envelope to send to edge? I seem to have lost the little white envelope! I will love you forever!

Address is:

Edge Information Management, Inc.
100 Rialto Place, Suite 800
Melbourne, FL 32901-3004

Love forever,

;)

did you guys send in a passport size picture along with the internship form?

it says somewhere in the paperwork that you don't need to attach a picture because they will be taking those photos during orientation.

I got my tetanus shot on Saturday......fun! :) Also, I haven't been exposed to tb, yay! That was my last thing to do for the "manilla envelope" so I will send that in tomorrow.

I got my tetanus and meningococcal vaccines done yesterday, and I am in a ton of PAIN....My whole body is sore. Those shots really hurt!!! Anyone else experience the same thing?

Yea my arm hurt a lot for the tetanus shot. I only thought Hep B was required, was the meningitis required as well?

Meningitis isn't required. You can waive that one. Unless your living in dorms it is kind of a waste IMO.

Meningitis isn't required. You can waive that one. Unless your living in dorms it is kind of a waste IMO.

*sigh of relief* I don't want to waste $100 on that.

I sent titers for my hep B since I don't have the record, hope that's ok. Those were expensive blood tests,(however I was still on mom's insurance then) if I had known at the time I probably would have just gotten the shots over again.

I got my tetanus and meningococcal vaccines done yesterday, and I am in a ton of PAIN....My whole body is sore. Those shots really hurt!!! Anyone else experience the same thing?
my arm was sore for days after the tetanus shot... i couldnt lift my arms for the life of me

Meningitis vaccine is the worse because not only was my arm sore for about 2 days:mad:, but they also make u sign a waiver saying u could die when administered this vaccine. Now I know why people waive it:eek:

I just decided to man up and take the meningitis cuz why the hell not. Plus, the doctor did a good job of persuading me to be administered the menig. vaccine.

Meningitis vaccine is the worse because not only was my arm sore for about 2 days:mad:, but they also make u sign a waiver saying u could die when administered this vaccine. Now I know why people waive it:eek:

I just decided to man up and take the meningitis cuz why the hell not. Plus, the doctor did a good job of persuading me to be administered the menig. vaccine.

That - and the revenue he receives for giving it isn't bad either...

Yeah for MDs:thumbdown:

~above~

my arm was sore for days after the tetanus shot... i couldnt lift my arms for the life of me

I got my tetanus shot yesterday and my arm is killing me, too! I even have a bruise now near the injection site! Ouch :(

I wonder if they will accept a vasectomy record in lieu of Hep B.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

I wonder if they will accept a vasectomy record in lieu of Hep B.

Life is a sexually transmitted disease.

You should try sending your vasectomy record in. It'll be hilarious to know what their response is :laugh:
Sorry to hear that many of you guys are experiencing the same kind of pain from tetanus and meningococcal vaccines. I was starting to wonder if I was having adverse effects from the shot. Last night I slept with my cell phone next to me just in case I had trouble breathing and needed to call 911 :laugh: The pain is almost gone now, actually

I have finished everything except getting a health insurance card which I should be getting in the next week or so. Then I can send in all my stuff!

i have mailed everything in the manilla envelope (CPR faxed), but have not heard any confirmation.

should we receive some final admission letter?

I don't know if we receive anything after they get all of our stuff. I sent in my manilla envelope almost 2 weeks ago, and I still haven't heard anything. So today, I e-mailed Penny and asked her to double check and make sure that they have everything of mine that they need. I hope to hear back sometime next week. It usually takes a few days to hear back though.

i mailed in everything yesterday. supposedly we should receive a final acceptance letter. but it will take good 2 weeks before everything is updated (it's my guess)

good luck to everyone

i emailed penny and dean mckenzie weeks ago. she just got back to me 2 days ago. after i went in and checked at the desk a week ago. so i guess theyre busy and enjoying their break as well.

i emailed penny and dean mckenzie weeks ago. she just got back to me 2 days ago. after i went in and checked at the desk a week ago. so i guess theyre busy and enjoying their break as well.

Stringtheorist, did they tell you when you should be hearing from them about the final admission letter?
Guys! Let's post here if any of us receives final admission letter and officially becomes a Gator :thumbup:
BTW, for those who applied for financial aid/student loan, have you gotten your reward letter yet? Which lender(s) do you guys go with?

Stringtheorist, did they tell you when you should be hearing from them about the final admission letter?
Guys! Let's post here if any of us receives final admission letter and officially becomes a Gator :thumbup:
BTW, for those who applied for financial aid/student loan, have you gotten your reward letter yet? Which lender(s) do you guys go with?
I didn't know there was a final admissions letter. I mean, I assummed they would contact us about orientation and if we're missing anything, but i don't know about a final admissions letter. Is this written somewhere? Tell me if you know.

I haven't gotten a loan letter. Since I attended UF for my undergrad, maybe it is different for me, but I just accept the loan on the UF financial aid site. They contact you about it when classes start. But I don't remember how it went freshman year....

'
Class of 2011 (Entering Fall 2007) Student Announcements
We would like to welcome you to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy Orlando Campus. Congratulations on your conditional admission! If you have already received an official admissions letter via the US postal service from the Student Affairs Office then the following information applies to you. We will be emailing you throughout the summer to keep you up to date with our campus........."

I got the above statement straight from the COP-Orlando campus website. I'm not sure if your admission letter said that you were offered conditional admission or not, but mine sure did. There are a number of things that you need to complete before becoming a full-fledged Pharmacy Gator. One of the requirements is that you have to maintain your GPA if you are still completing pre-req classes in the summer. Now, I don't know what they mean by "maintaining your GPA", but I figure anything below a C spells trouble.

'
Class of 2011 (Entering Fall 2007) Student Announcements
We would like to welcome you to the University of Florida College of Pharmacy Orlando Campus. Congratulations on your conditional admission! If you have already received an official admissions letter via the US postal service from the Student Affairs Office then the following information applies to you. We will be emailing you throughout the summer to keep you up to date with our campus........."

I got the above statement straight from the COP-Orlando campus website. I'm not sure if your admission letter said that you were offered conditional admission or not, but mine sure did. There are a number of things that you need to complete before becoming a full-fledged Pharmacy Gator. One of the requirements is that you have to maintain your GPA if you are still completing pre-req classes in the summer. Now, I don't know what they mean by "maintaining your GPA", but I figure anything below a C spells trouble.

oh, yeah, im conditional admission, too. hm, id rather not navigate the gville COP site to find it, but ill assume its across the board for all campuses. and yeah, im pretty sure as long as you pass your classes, you'll be ok. idk about anyone who has been pulled out for having Cs in their remaining classes. Im just hoping they're not expecting As:eek: thanks for the post, dancer :)

I called the financial aid department this past Wednesday and they said they would be mailing out reward letters in the end of July/beginning of August. If anyone has heard anything different or has any new financical aid info, please post it.

Also, I was still set up for direct deposit but have changed banks since graduating in 2004. So if anyone has changed banks or has a different account since they last went to UF, you need to update your account information on ISIS. That would have sucked if they tried to deposit money in my previous bank account that has been closed for two years!!!:eek:

can anyone explain why we are only eligible for undergraduate financial aid for our first year?

because UF Fin Aid sucks ballz! I asked them about the Health Professions Students Loans, HPSL, and Loans for Disadvantaged Students, LDS, and they said they had never heard of the programs and, more importantly, never used them at UF. She questioned the validity of the two programs when I mentioned them. "There is alot of misinformation on the web...Blah blah blah," she says. Then I remind her that it was a .gov website and her reply "Well I'm not sure about that." I swear to everything holy, I was ready to chew her cheeks off.

/end rant

I sent in my FAFSA in January, I don't understand what takes them so long to give us loan info. I am glad that the cost of attendance estimates are online so I have an idea of my budget. FYI you're only an undergrad the first year for financial aid if you do not have a bachelor's degree.

Also, has anyone had their $85 Edge check cashed yet? It's been two weeks and mine hasn't been cashed. (Whenever I get money in the mail I do nearly everything in my power to get it in the bank!)

Also, has anyone had their $85 Edge check cashed yet? It's been two weeks and mine hasn't been cashed. (Whenever I get money in the mail I do nearly everything in my power to get it in the bank!)

My check hasn't been cashed either and I mailed mine in three weeks ago.

i know that im only eligible for undergraduate because i dont yet have a bachelor's degree. I just dont understand why. I mean bachelor's or not, im still a first year professional student, so why arent i eligible for the money?

i know that im only eligible for undergraduate because i dont yet have a bachelor's degree. I just dont understand why. I mean bachelor's or not, im still a first year professional student, so why arent i eligible for the money?
i dont know why either. even putting myself down as an independent, hoping to get more loans, the way UF has me classified, i have to be a dependent! its ridiculous! i went to the financial aid office and they said we wont be able to get the major loans (25k+) until our THIRD PROFESSIONAL YEAR! aCK! it really sucks, bc the tuition at UF is like 12 k a semester, and my loan is capped at 8k. my poor parents need to put their lives on hold to pay more than they expeceted to... i hate how the loan things work. how are we different as all other 1PD students just because we finished our prereqs earlier... we are all in the same place, same financial situation. blah. :thumbdown: