****Official UNLV Class of 2012****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamangoli

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for the acceptance via e-mai and didn't check my mail box for 3 days!!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the big yellow packet.
So hello dear classmates:):laugh::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! are you planning on attending unlv?:thumbup:

I'm in! But what yellow packet are you talking about? Mine was white and it had the acceptance letter and some immunization stuff to fill out. That packet?

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get a yellow packet :confused:

Maybe since he/she got his/her packet this week it is a different color? 'Cause I got mine last week.

I'm in! But what yellow packet are you talking about? Mine was white and it had the acceptance letter and some immunization stuff to fill out. That packet?

mine was the same, white as well with immunization info

my packet was yellow with the immunization forms.

YAY! Let's be friends.

Great decision! I can see that you're from Vegas. Can you please give us some advice as to where to rent an apartment (not too far from the school and in a relatively good area)? Thanks...:thumbup:

I am definitely planning on going to UNLV. It has been my first choice forever.

i didn't get a yellow packet. mine was white with the immunization stuff

Great decision! I can see that you're from Vegas. Can you please give us some advice as to where to rent an apartment (not too far from the school and in a relatively good area)? Thanks...:thumbup:
Summerlin is nice and kinda close to school. 10 min drive. you don't wanna be too close to school cuz the area is ghetto.

ghetto is my middle name. Also, I heard tell that the school puts up some sort of forum during the summer so students can network and find roommates and a place to live. So, I'm holding out for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was accepted last week and will be attending UNLV. :)

I live on the East side though by Nellis. It's kind of ghetto but only 15 minutes away.

Do I have to turn in my immunization papers with my acceptance or just before I start school? 'Cause I'm not fully immunized against Hep B yet

Do I have to turn in my immunization papers with my acceptance or just before I start school? 'Cause I'm not fully immunized against Hep B yet

I would think before school starts. I have to get all of my immunizations done over again. The Hep B series takes a while and I think we're supposed to have the first two in the series done before we start school.

I will be there. See y'all in the fall.

deposit sent in, unlv here i come!

Have any of you guys received like a confirmation from UNLV that they have received your deposit? I sent it my deposit like a week ago and they still have not received it! I am kind of getting worried about this....have you guys had the same problem?

Sent my deposit in about two weeks ago. Checked my bank's website today and the check has not gone through yet. I haven't called UNLV to see if they have received it.

Hey everyone. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I sent in my deposit on 12/4 and it was cashed by 12/14. But we all know they're notorious for being unorganized. But just keep calling, they don't mind! :)

Why would I keep calling? They sent me an acceptance, they cashed my deposit check. I'll send them another check when the time comes. What would I keep calling about?

I'd like to write sth to pull this topic up to the 1st page. Where are all UNLV dental students ?
Btw, who are ur interviewers ?

I really wish it didn't take so long between when you apply/interview/get accepted/go to d school. There are so many really long breaks. The one that is bugging me now is the actually going part. It seems like such a long time until we actually start, and I keep inventing these scenarios in which I will somehow get unaccepted. I'm just being paranoid I guess. But I wish I was already safe and sound in dental school.

Just in case my new thread is missed:
Does anyone know how UNLV makes a decision (phone call, email, AADSAS)

I only got something in the mail. No email and my AADSAS was updated weeks after receiving something the acceptance letter. BTW, I'm in-state.

Just in case my new thread is missed:
Does anyone know how UNLV makes a decision (phone call, email, AADSAS)

Does anyone know if UNLV will send any additional information such as class schedules? I want to know if there is any break between the first and second years, or if the semester goes through the entire summer?

3 semesters including summer (18 weeks). check their website, they have a section that lists courseload for all 4 long years.

Hey guys!

Congrats to you all and I am glad to be a member of your class. One complaint I have to UNLV is that they are too slow updating the students. I got my letter back in the beginning of December and deposited my fee two days after that and received no more info even via e-mail. I am in the process of immunization and because I was born in Iran I have BCG vaccine in my records, so I don't know why UNLV still requires me to go through TB skin test while I know it will be positive anyway:laugh:! Why not just take a x-ray of chest?!:mad: Do you guys know when should we deposit the second fee of reservation? And when should we start going through registration. I reside in Reno, but I am planning to move to Vegas sometime during early summer to find a good apartment. Does anybody have any idea where in Vegas is the best to live in as for location and price?

Congrats mamangoli! ;) I like your profile nickname:)

I was waiting for the acceptance via e-mai and didn't check my mail box for 3 days!!! I almost had a heart attack when I saw the big yellow packet.
So hello dear classmates:):laugh::love:

Hey. Thanks for pulling this up to the first page. I haven't seen this thread for a good while. Regarding the 2nd deposit, I think it's due June 1st, so anytime before that right? I'm thinking next month myself. Sorry about the immunization biz but oh well, it'll done and over with quick enough. What do you mean by "when should we start going through registration?" I think that will be worked out by the school when they get their final count (that's when financial aid, etc. will start to get completed by the school I've been told). I'm planning on moving up early to mid July.

congrats all u unlv accepters! may u help me out and just respond whether u guys need/had high RC marks to get into unlv? i looked at predents...only 13 got accepted into unlv and NONE of these had RC scores of like 19 or under..but a handful of 17s were interviewed. none accpeted. so ur feedback is appreciated. thanks.

congrats all u unlv accepters! may u help me out and just respond whether u guys need/had high RC marks to get into unlv? i looked at predents...only 13 got accepted into unlv and NONE of these had RC scores of like 19 or under..but a handful of 17s were interviewed. none accpeted. so ur feedback is appreciated. thanks.

Different strokes for different folks. There is no hard and fast RC score that will propel or hinder your app at the school I believe.

Hey. Thanks for the reminder of June 1st. I am concerned about registration because i do not know how much do I get for FAFSA or whether I need to apply for student loans to cover up my expenses. Congrats to you I shall see probably in orientation then :)

Hey. Thanks for pulling this up to the first page. I haven't seen this thread for a good while. Regarding the 2nd deposit, I think it's due June 1st, so anytime before that right? I'm thinking next month myself. Sorry about the immunization biz but oh well, it'll done and over with quick enough. What do you mean by "when should we start going through registration?" I think that will be worked out by the school when they get their final count (that's when financial aid, etc. will start to get completed by the school I've been told). I'm planning on moving up early to mid July.

Hey I was just wondering if anyone who has been accepted has received any more information from UNLV. Do you know if they are going to send information or anything about the second deposit? I wasn't aware that it was due June 1st :rolleyes:

Thanks for your help!!:D

I checked with them and they said they will send out an info packet in May and that our 2nd deposit is due in June (probably June 1st).

As for financial aid, I'm already anticipating not getting much so I'm already looking towards private loans. From what I found so far, the private loans right now have better rates than the government loans and they won't even charge any origination or loan fees.

http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml

Of course it's always better to get government loans since the interest rates are fixed but this is just an option.

As for RC being important, isn't it one of the DAT sections that UNLV uses for their formula?

I checked with them and they said they will send out an info packet in May and that our 2nd deposit is due in June (probably June 1st).

As for financial aid, I'm already anticipating not getting much so I'm already looking towards private loans. From what I found so far, the private loans right now have better rates than the government loans and they won't even charge any origination or loan fees.

http://www.finaid.org/loans/privatestudentloans.phtml

Of course it's always better to get government loans since the interest rates are fixed but this is just an option.

As for RC being important, isn't it one of the DAT sections that UNLV uses for their formula?

OOOkay, if RC is in their formula, i better not apply this coming cycle :eek:. but they do take the highest of each section..which would be my 18...:confused:. anyone get in with an 18?

OOOkay, if RC is in their formula, i better not apply this coming cycle :eek:. but they do take the highest of each section..which would be my 18...:confused:. anyone get in with an 18?
Sorry to say but the chances of getting into UNLV as an international student are near impossible.

Sorry to say but the chances of getting into UNLV as an international student are near impossible.

ohh =( boo. is it cuz they're public school and take 60 percent in-staters??

ohh =( boo. is it cuz they're public school and take 60 percent in-staters??
yeah. I have a couple friends from Canada that go to my school and they have 3.8's and were rejected in August. They didn't even look at their application. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules... but correct me if I'm wrong when I say that UNLV hasn't taken an international student since it opened up some 8 years ago.

If anyone needs information about housing PM me and I'll try to help. I live in the Northwest where lots of married students live. If you want information about the area up here I'd be more than happy to give you all the information I can. Congratulations on your acceptances.

hey all if you are wondering about some apartments called the Mayan apartments, which are right next to the dental school let me know. I have lived here since Jan 08 and have loved it. Great for the first two years of D school. Its close which beats any reason not to live here. When finals come around and you need to cram while the other guys are waiting in traffic you are home and have been through half a lecture already. I have no problems with crime. I ride my bike to class, and have felt save. Good luck pm me if you would like to know more.. Tysen

yeah. I have a couple friends from Canada that go to my school and they have 3.8's and were rejected in August. They didn't even look at their application. Of course there are always exceptions to the rules... but correct me if I'm wrong when I say that UNLV hasn't taken an international student since it opened up some 8 years ago.

And they shouldn't. This is America, therefore, we should help Americans first...