The last "What do I wear to the Interview Thread"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExpressMaiL

alea iacta est
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

What about the emo pharmacist thread?

that's too much detail...just do everything you can to look your best.

shoot - i'm a guy and i had a facial and manicure (uh, you ladies should warn guys about facials BEFORE they have one!!!), wore my best suit/shirt/tie combo, nicest watch, etc.

DRESS TO IMPRESS! (Because everyone else will be)

***GUYS*** If you don't have a nice pair of dress shoes, BUY A PAIR. Your shoes should NOT detract from your overall look...if anything, they should go blend in perfectly with your suit.

Members don't see this ad :)
shoot - i'm a guy and i had a facial and manicure

Do you plan on plucking your eyebrows and using lipsticks in the future? :D

Sincere congratulations on your recent acceptance! Although a prestigious school in San Francisco may offer you a more fitting environment. :thumbup:

lol i had the messiest hair @ the MWU-CPG interview. all the other dudes' hair were all neatly combed and gelled...but that's my hair style.

Do you plan on plucking your eyebrows and using lipsticks in the future? :D

Sincere congratulations on your recent acceptance! Although a prestigious school in San Francisco may offer you a more fitting environment. :thumbup:

Ouch. That was low. :smuggrin:

Question about coats, is there a place we can store them or do we have to carry them around? I'm going to a colder climate then I'm used too thx:)

Question about coats, is there a place we can store them or do we have to carry them around? I'm going to a colder climate then I'm used too thx:)

Generally, you can carry it around, but if it bothers you a lot, feel free to ask the admissions officer if you can store it in the admissions office for the day. They will usually say yes =) Don't worry about it making a negative impact; if anything, it shows that you are comfortable with the institution.

I should know: I looked like a stuffed burrito when i walked in through the pharmacy school door since it was freezing cold on my interview day.

that's too much detail...just do everything you can to look your best.

shoot - i'm a guy and i had a facial and manicure (uh, you ladies should warn guys about facials BEFORE they have one!!!), wore my best suit/shirt/tie combo, nicest watch, etc.

DRESS TO IMPRESS! (Because everyone else will be)

***GUYS*** If you don't have a nice pair of dress shoes, BUY A PAIR. Your shoes should NOT detract from your overall look...if anything, they should go blend in perfectly with your suit.

Ditto about the facial thing. You know what else looks painful? waxing. :eek:

You guys are really fretting over something minor. This is not a job interview, just school.

Personally, I never shave, I just use a trimmer.

Same here...I was actually wondering how many other people do that since I've never heard of anyone else. I just use one of those beard trimmers that gets really close because I can't stand shaving and I always break out when I do!

Also, you do NOT need a $80 pair of shoes...I just wore these black $20 shoes from payless and they looked fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the color of the tie really matter?

Yeah, make sure it matches the suit. If you're wearing a striped shirt, than you should wear a solid tie. Solid shirt, than some form of a pattern on the tie.

With a white shirt, almost anything goes depending on the color of the suit.

My last interview, I went with a charcoal pinstripe suit, white shirt, and the tie had silver/gray/blue stripes.

Is this the thread where people start posting that they're the only ones that didn't wear a black suit?

I think the color and design of the tie can mesmerize the interviewer and make a good impression. I usually choose non-repetitive design tie, usually curvy lines of red white and grey. Red is a powerful color. If you want to, you can choose the colors that match your school's logo. Also adding Calvin Klein glasses to make you look sexy and smart at the same time. People don't realize how glasses make you look so much smarter and professional. Just my suggestion.

I think the color and design of the tie can mesmerize the interviewer and make a good impression. I usually choose non-repetitive design tie, usually curvy lines of red white and grey. Red is a powerful color. If you want to, you can choose the colors that match your school's logo. Also adding Calvin Klein glasses to make you look sexy and smart at the same time. People don't realize how glasses make you look so much smarter and professional. Just my suggestion.

Ok, come on now. The depth you have read into interview attire, and more specifically, a tie, is just outrageous. "...glasses make you look so much smarter"...What about the fact that they have 4 years of your college transcripts in front of them? "Oh he failed his way through ochem, but...did you see those glasses?"

Put on a suit and tie and look professional--simple as that. Worry about the things that come out of your mouth rather than how "powerful" the color of your tie is.

There is only one instance when the color of the tie matters - when it is such an outrageous color or pattern, or clashes so badly with the suit/shirt that it makes the interviewer's eyes bleed. Believe me, I have seen some strange ones out there...

Ok, come on now. The depth you have read into interview attire, and more specifically, a tie, is just outrageous. "...glasses make you look so much smarter"...What about the fact that they have 4 years of your college transcripts in front of them? "Oh he failed his way through ochem, but...did you see those glasses?"

Put on a suit and tie and look professional--simple as that. Worry about the things that come out of your mouth rather than how "powerful" the color of your tie is.

First impressions go a long way. Halo effect anyone?

First impressions go a long way. Halo effect anyone?

Yes they do go a long way but these aren't Louie Vuitton frontrunners, they are pharmacy faculty. Look like a professional, end of story.

Oh yeah, keep the number of layers you are wearing to a minimum and try to find material that breathes easily and allows for heat loss. Every admissions office I have been to seems to LOVE warm temperatures, its usually 75 degrees or higher. And if you get nervous, you're going to need something that won't make you sweat.